Timpson @ Shelbyville

CAC1231

6 hours ago, Unashamed said:

Does anyone know why Timpsons coach doesn't do the Tuesday night radio show with Don Wall?  Just curious hes the only coach in shelby county that doesn't do it.  

I believe they were on it last season. Six coaches total on it. Most I've seen Don have on his show.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I believe they were on it last season. Six coaches total on it. Most I've seen Don have on his show.

No. Last year he had Garrison, Tenaha, Joaquin, Center, Shelbyville and San Augustine. Timpson hasn’t been on it in about 10 years. They are also not one of the teams that Center Broadcasting covers. The only time you hear Timpson on a CBC station is when they’re playing Tenaha, Joaquin, Shelbyville or SA. They seem to be exclusively aligned with KGAS out of Carthage. No idea why. 

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

No. Last year he had Garrison, Tenaha, Joaquin, Center, Shelbyville and San Augustine. Timpson hasn’t been on it in about 10 years. They are also not one of the teams that Center Broadcasting covers. The only time you hear Timpson on a CBC station is when they’re playing Tenaha, Joaquin, Shelbyville or SA. They seem to be exclusively aligned with KGAS out of Carthage. No idea why. 

Yeah, now that you say that, I remember. I knew he had six coaches on last season I thought it was Timpson. Totally forgot about Garrison. I remember thinking how unusually it was for a Garrison coach to be on.  

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

5-19......not saying Timpson doesn’t have talent but they’ve hardly been tested thus far....

This is what I'm relying on. Our boys haven't played as many games but they played a very talented Grapeland team and a surprisingly sharp Huntington team. Groveton seems to be down this year but they still have some talent on the field so I would argue that our boys have been tested more. Not sleeping on Timpson though, they will be the fastest team we've played and that #22 and #14 are legit. Hoping for a good one. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, firebreathingreptilian said:

This is what I'm relying on. Our boys haven't played as many games but they played a very talented Grapeland team and a surprisingly sharp Huntington team. Groveton seems to be down this year but they still have some talent on the field so I would argue that our boys have been tested more. Not sleeping on Timpson though, they will be the fastest team we've played and that #22 and #14 are legit. Hoping for a good one. 

It will will be a good game for sure and I’ve said in an earlier post that Timpson would be foolish to come into the this game with a swollen head.  However, I think the talent level and multiple weapons Timpson has this year makes them a formidable opponent for whom ever they step on the field with.  Time will tell the story but its looking promising so far.  Good luck to the dragons and hope both teams come away injury free tonight. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bear9T1 said:

It will will be a good game for sure and I’ve said in an earlier post that Timpson would be foolish to come into the this game with a swollen head.  However, I think the talent level and multiple weapons Timpson has this year makes them a formidable opponent for whom ever they step on the field with.  Time will tell the story but its looking promising so far.  Good luck to the dragons and hope both teams come away injury free tonight. 

Good luck to y'all as well, see y'all tonight. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

This game will be won on the defensive side. Timpson has athleticism to score but I believe Sville has perhaps the best line play in the district. Line of scrimmage dominance will be huge

This game will most definitely be won in the trenches.

• Like 1