Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

CDAWG68

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick to win this battle?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:00 AM

4 hours ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

I see No one is Giving PG a shot on the Carthage side.... Foolish....

The poll is currently 72-14 in favor of the Dawgs. Β  Hate to tell ya man, but there ain't nowhere near 72 people from Carthage on smoaky. Β These are people NOT from 75633. Β Folks with no dawg in the fight, pardon the pun. Are the Dawgs walking into a hornets nest? Β Perhaps. Β But they're also licking their chops to play some football. Will we win by 3 td's? Maybe not, but don't be surprised if we do, either. Β Happy homecoming. Β Just scheduling Dawgs for homecoming earns my respect. Β PG ain't no slouch. Β May the best team win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

I see No one is Giving PG a shot on the Carthage side.... Foolish....Even the most generous say that Carthage wins by 21 and applies the brakes.... that's an incredibly biased assessment. Carthage is walking straight into a hornets nest in my opinion. I made the drive over from Rockwall to Paris three weeks ago. PG completely dominated a good Paris Team. I've watched film of the Silsbee Game, by the way Silsbee is very big and in fact much bigger than Carthage up front defensively. They are no slouch for sure. PG handled them. As for the game that everyone frowns on PG ....Argyle, Argyle certainly is a very very good squad. PG had their chances and missed on them offensively in the 1st half. PG had some assignment issues defensively but cleaned that up. I saw a pretty gritty PG team come back from 14-0 to tie the game late in the 2nd quarter. Argyles O Line is undoubtedly one of the top 5 lines in all of Texas. They grinded away on PG and wore them down. Conditioning played a big role and 2 way players for PG in my opinion. I think you will see a better conditioned PG team and this Carthage Offense is not the same as Argyle. Spin it all you want its a different system. All of this said I will be interested to see how Carthage responds to a true challenge. Carthages first two Opponents in Kilgore and Gilmer simply do not compare to Pleasant Grove. Physically and Athletically in most positions PG matches up. Carthage has an advantage at the Skill Position PG has an advantage on the Defensive Line. The offensive lines are for the most part Similar although I believe PG has more experience and More Athletic Lineman. QB the advantage is with Carthage but dont sleep on PGs new QB Woodside. He has a cannon and PG can burn a defense, especially if the DBS are peeking into the backfield. The RB position Carthage has a good one two punch with Courtney and his back up but I don't expect stretch plays to work as well against this PG team. The PG linebackers are healthy and talented. Be on the look out for 6 Nick Martin with several D1 offers he will be a key figure in PGs defensive game plan. All in allΒ This game will come down to the line of scrimmage as most do. Right now I'm not convinced Carthage is better up front. Coaching certainly Surratt is a legendary figure but Gibson at PG has definitely cemented himself as a rising star with what he has done in his tenure at PG. All in all its just great to have a game of this magnitude this early in the season. These two teams will likely meet again. In round one Im going with the Home team Pleasant Grove by the score of 31-24. I feel PG will force some turnovers and uncomfortable down and distance ituations for Carthage.Β PG will do just enough offensively through the Air to keep Carthage off balance and grind out the win.Β 

If PG secondary plays like they did against Argyle, the Dawgs will light them up.Β 
PG D line against one of the best O linesΒ in 4A will tell the story in this game.Β 
I believe the Dawg Defense is faster and better than any defense PG will see all year.

Dawgs win by 14 Β 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Β 

49 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

The poll is currently 72-14 in favor of the Dawgs. Β  Hate to tell ya man, but there ain't nowhere near 72 people from Carthage on smoaky. Β These are people NOT from 75633. Β Folks with no dawg in the fight, pardon the pun. Are the Dawgs walking into a hornets nest? Β Perhaps. Β But they're also licking their chops to play some football. Will we win by 3 td's? Maybe not, but don't be surprised if we do, either. Β Happy homecoming. Β Just scheduling Dawgs for homecoming earns my respect. Β PG ain't no slouch. Β May the best team win.

Nobody from Carthage is sleeping on PG. If Carthage gets the W, they will have to earn it.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:57 AM, TexasFootballGuru said:

I see No one is Giving PG a shot on the Carthage side.... Foolish....Even the most generous say that Carthage wins by 21 and applies the brakes.... that's an incredibly biased assessment. Carthage is walking straight into a hornets nest in my opinion. I made the drive over from Rockwall to Paris three weeks ago. PG completely dominated a good Paris Team. I've watched film of the Silsbee Game, by the way Silsbee is very big and in fact much bigger than Carthage up front defensively. They are no slouch for sure. PG handled them. As for the game that everyone frowns on PG ....Argyle, Argyle certainly is a very very good squad. PG had their chances and missed on them offensively in the 1st half. PG had some assignment issues defensively but cleaned that up. I saw a pretty gritty PG team come back from 14-0 to tie the game late in the 2nd quarter. Argyles O Line is undoubtedly one of the top 5 lines in all of Texas. They grinded away on PG and wore them down. Conditioning played a big role and 2 way players for PG in my opinion. I think you will see a better conditioned PG team and this Carthage Offense is not the same as Argyle. Spin it all you want its a different system. All of this said I will be interested to see how Carthage responds to a true challenge. Carthages first two Opponents in Kilgore and Gilmer simply do not compare to Pleasant Grove. Physically and Athletically in most positions PG matches up. Carthage has an advantage at the Skill Position PG has an advantage on the Defensive Line. The offensive lines are for the most part Similar although I believe PG has more experience and More Athletic Lineman. QB the advantage is with Carthage but dont sleep on PGs new QB Woodside. He has a cannon and PG can burn a defense, especially if the DBS are peeking into the backfield. The RB position Carthage has a good one two punch with Courtney and his back up but I don't expect stretch plays to work as well against this PG team. The PG linebackers are healthy and talented. Be on the look out for 6 Nick Martin with several D1 offers he will be a key figure in PGs defensive game plan. All in allΒ This game will come down to the line of scrimmage as most do. Right now I'm not convinced Carthage is better up front. Coaching certainly Surratt is a legendary figure but Gibson at PG has definitely cemented himself as a rising star with what he has done in his tenure at PG. All in all its just great to have a game of this magnitude this early in the season. These two teams will likely meet again. In round one Im going with the Home team Pleasant Grove by the score of 31-24. I feel PG will force some turnovers and uncomfortable down and distance ituations for Carthage.Β PG will do just enough offensively through the Air to keep Carthage off balance and grind out the win.Β 

Man did you not see the Carthage/PG game last year? Carthage's O-line really didn't match up well with PG last year. That's where coaching came in to play. Surratt literally ran and beat PG's d-line into submission. I remember late 3rd quarter, PG started to finally stuff a few runs here and there... then Carthage put in a RB that hadn't touched the ball all game. FRESH LEGS. The rest was history. That kid ran wild.Β 

Against Argyle, I wouldn't say conditioning was why PG lost. Yeah, PG was tired, but any 4AD2 team playing some of their best players 2 ways would be. To be honest, I've only seen 1 kid in recent memory that played most snaps on both sides of the ball that didn't get tired, and I'm sure Pleasant Grove remembers him very well.

In my opinion, this game matches up very similarly to last year's. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of the same results as last year's. Carthage will attack PG's strengths the entire game. Maybe PG can withstand it, maybe not. I saw an offensive game plan last year that was centered around nothing but wearing out PG's defense. Lots of crazy plays that get maybe 2-3 yards. I remember sitting on the PG side last year (not by choice), and the PG fans were constantly like "That trickery won't fool our Hawks! Those plays will get you nowhere Carthage! Can you believe they'd try that against US??" I think it might have clicked when they saw what started happening in the 4th quarter. Surratt ran PG's defense all over the field, with off the wall plays designed to do nothing but tire out a defense.

Regardless, this should be a good game either way. It was a fun game to watch last year. I wish it wasn't on homecoming, so you didn't have to watch all the stuff nobody but the home team cares about, but other than that, it was packed with some smashmouth football. Lots of hard hits, lots of heart on the field. These are 2 teams that are so fun to watch, because they're so well coached and their kids hearts are all in. Just pray that they keep it clean and nobody gets hurt!Β 

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I am little slow but don’t know what this means.

You said it was a bold move to schedule Carthage for homecoming, I said they did it last year, you said you thought they were 0-10, and I was lost at that point.Β 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

C&C this is a sports forum which is designed for members to comment on topics. Β Go get another cup of coffee. Β Geeez.

I guess I missed something. How is Greenville beating someone and 0 and 10 have anything to do with Carthage and PG.Β 
That was the reason for my question Panthernation Β 

Β 

Β 

34 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I guess I missed something. How is Greenville beating someone and 0 and 10 have anything to do with Carthage and PG.Β 
That was the reason for my question Panthernation Β 

Β 

Β 

I haven't been responding to him. He said scheduling Carthage for homecoming was a bold move, and I said that PG did it last year too, and he said he thought they were 0-10. Ultimately it made no sense, but I was talking about Carthage and PG. I'm not sure where Greenville came in to play.Β 

4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm not sure how to even answer that question. I'm not sure if you're genuinely not sure, or have a problem?Β 

Lmao. Heaven forbid someone that don’t live in Carthage or PG comment on this game.Β 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

4 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

This is a Carthage and PG game.Β 

Dang CC, when did you have to be from the town of the 2 teams playing to weigh in on a game? Β Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, Β but hellraiser's generally been positive about the Dawgs. Β He even picked them to get the W tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Dang CC, when did you have to be from the town of the 2 teams playing to weigh in on a game? Β Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, Β but hellraiser's generally been positive about the Dawgs. Β He even picked them to get the W tonight.

You’d think with β€œChrist” in her name she’d be nicer. Must be a Baptist.Β 

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

I was just asking why the Greenville and 0 and 10 comments wereΒ on this thread. Dang take a chill pill.

I could not understand whyΒ it was on theΒ PG and Carthage thread. I thought I had missed something or maybe they were on the wrong thread by mistake.Β Enough already.