Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

CDAWG68

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick to win this battle?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:00 AM

46 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

One of the bad things(for the team’s fans) about online sales is that it is easier for neutral fans to get tickets. 

Yes sir...This day and age its pretty easy. Not that hard to find tickets even with limited seats. You just need to do some research before hand and have a game plan. That dont work gotta reach out to folks. You should see all the PG folks at last weeks game lol...Scouting at its finest. 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:15 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

Man this COVID mess has everything jacked. Literally no way to get tickets to this game if you don't know someone on the inside. 

If you want to see the game it will be streamed live on both YouTube and Facebook.  Just type in Texarkana Gameday on either one of those and you can watch it for free.  Also, all of the Texarkana Texas side schools will be featured each week of the season.  They broadcast Texas High's game in Tyler last Thursday.

17 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

If you want to see the game it will be streamed live on both YouTube and Facebook.  Just type in Texarkana Gameday on either one of those and you can watch it for free.  Also, all of the Texarkana Texas side schools will be featured each week of the season.  They broadcast Texas High's game in Tyler last Thursday.

Yeah that's probably what I'll do. It's nothing like being at the game though. 

13 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

We gotta ride this wave as long as we can; Nothing lasts forever, I’m afraid. Not in sports anyway!😟

Yes, we must enjoy every second, because one day it will end in some way or another.

We will never take it for granted. We’ve been very fortunate and we have to appreciate it while we have it. 

Carthage has gone through plenty on lean years and it’s not much fun to get whipped routinely. We understand losing and it’s why we can fully appreciate how lucky we’ve been as fans from 2007 to present.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!! 

• Thanks 2

You just have to believe that PG is improved since that Argyle game and looked much better against Paris and Silsbee.  And they will continue to improve as their season progresses.  Carthage has key returners and basically has started where it left off last season......with Horton one more year experienced and Courtney too.  Horton IMO gives Carthage so much of an advantage behind that big 0-line that he makes everything so much easier for the Dawgs offense.  Even against a very disciplined and physical D-line like PG has......Horton will still be able to pick apart the PG secondary with great success.  I look for Carthage to win by 21 and apply the brakes like Argyle did.  PG will play better against Carthage now than they did earlier in the season against Argyle.......but it still will be a dominant performance by the Dawgs.....IMHO.  But surprise us, PG........and make everybody a believer this Friday.  Just don't think so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

You just have to believe that PG is improved since that Argyle game and looked much better against Paris and Silsbee.  And they will continue to improve as their season progresses.  Carthage has key returners and basically has started where it left off last season......with Horton one more year experienced and Courtney too.  Horton IMO gives Carthage so much of an advantage behind that big 0-line that he makes everything so much easier for the Dawgs offense.  Even against a very disciplined and physical D-line like PG has......Horton will still be able to pick apart the PG secondary with great success.  I look for Carthage to win by 21 and apply the brakes like Argyle did.  PG will play better against Carthage now than they did earlier in the season against Argyle.......but it still will be a dominant performance by the Dawgs.....IMHO.  But surprise us, PG........and make everybody a believer this Friday.  Just don't think so.

Added pressure since it is Homecoming for PG...😉

I see No one is Giving PG a shot on the Carthage side.... Foolish....Even the most generous say that Carthage wins by 21 and applies the brakes.... that's an incredibly biased assessment. Carthage is walking straight into a hornets nest in my opinion. I made the drive over from Rockwall to Paris three weeks ago. PG completely dominated a good Paris Team. I've watched film of the Silsbee Game, by the way Silsbee is very big and in fact much bigger than Carthage up front defensively. They are no slouch for sure. PG handled them. As for the game that everyone frowns on PG ....Argyle, Argyle certainly is a very very good squad. PG had their chances and missed on them offensively in the 1st half. PG had some assignment issues defensively but cleaned that up. I saw a pretty gritty PG team come back from 14-0 to tie the game late in the 2nd quarter. Argyles O Line is undoubtedly one of the top 5 lines in all of Texas. They grinded away on PG and wore them down. Conditioning played a big role and 2 way players for PG in my opinion. I think you will see a better conditioned PG team and this Carthage Offense is not the same as Argyle. Spin it all you want its a different system. All of this said I will be interested to see how Carthage responds to a true challenge. Carthages first two Opponents in Kilgore and Gilmer simply do not compare to Pleasant Grove. Physically and Athletically in most positions PG matches up. Carthage has an advantage at the Skill Position PG has an advantage on the Defensive Line. The offensive lines are for the most part Similar although I believe PG has more experience and More Athletic Lineman. QB the advantage is with Carthage but dont sleep on PGs new QB Woodside. He has a cannon and PG can burn a defense, especially if the DBS are peeking into the backfield. The RB position Carthage has a good one two punch with Courtney and his back up but I don't expect stretch plays to work as well against this PG team. The PG linebackers are healthy and talented. Be on the look out for 6 Nick Martin with several D1 offers he will be a key figure in PGs defensive game plan. All in all This game will come down to the line of scrimmage as most do. Right now I'm not convinced Carthage is better up front. Coaching certainly Surratt is a legendary figure but Gibson at PG has definitely cemented himself as a rising star with what he has done in his tenure at PG. All in all its just great to have a game of this magnitude this early in the season. These two teams will likely meet again. In round one Im going with the Home team Pleasant Grove by the score of 31-24. I feel PG will force some turnovers and uncomfortable down and distance ituations for Carthage. PG will do just enough offensively through the Air to keep Carthage off balance and grind out the win. 

38 minutes ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

I see No one is Giving PG a shot on the Carthage side.... Foolish....Even the most generous say that Carthage wins by 21 and applies the brakes.... that's an incredibly biased assessment. Carthage is walking straight into a hornets nest in my opinion. I made the drive over from Rockwall to Paris three weeks ago. PG completely dominated a good Paris Team. I've watched film of the Silsbee Game, by the way Silsbee is very big and in fact much bigger than Carthage up front defensively. They are no slouch for sure. PG handled them. As for the game that everyone frowns on PG ....Argyle, Argyle certainly is a very very good squad. PG had their chances and missed on them offensively in the 1st half. PG had some assignment issues defensively but cleaned that up. I saw a pretty gritty PG team come back from 14-0 to tie the game late in the 2nd quarter. Argyles O Line is undoubtedly one of the top 5 lines in all of Texas. They grinded away on PG and wore them down. Conditioning played a big role and 2 way players for PG in my opinion. I think you will see a better conditioned PG team and this Carthage Offense is not the same as Argyle. Spin it all you want its a different system. All of this said I will be interested to see how Carthage responds to a true challenge. Carthages first two Opponents in Kilgore and Gilmer simply do not compare to Pleasant Grove. Physically and Athletically in most positions PG matches up. Carthage has an advantage at the Skill Position PG has an advantage on the Defensive Line. The offensive lines are for the most part Similar although I believe PG has more experience and More Athletic Lineman. QB the advantage is with Carthage but dont sleep on PGs new QB Woodside. He has a cannon and PG can burn a defense, especially if the DBS are peeking into the backfield. The RB position Carthage has a good one two punch with Courtney and his back up but I don't expect stretch plays to work as well against this PG team. The PG linebackers are healthy and talented. Be on the look out for 6 Nick Martin with several D1 offers he will be a key figure in PGs defensive game plan. All in all This game will come down to the line of scrimmage as most do. Right now I'm not convinced Carthage is better up front. Coaching certainly Surratt is a legendary figure but Gibson at PG has definitely cemented himself as a rising star with what he has done in his tenure at PG. All in all its just great to have a game of this magnitude this early in the season. These two teams will likely meet again. In round one Im going with the Home team Pleasant Grove by the score of 31-24. I feel PG will force some turnovers and uncomfortable down and distance ituations for Carthage. PG will do just enough offensively through the Air to keep Carthage off balance and grind out the win. 

Not a crazy opinion or from out of left field either. 
PG can definitely win this game.

Carthage should be excited to get to play at PG again and Carthage knows all about their hornet nest up there! Tomorrow night will not be as awesome an atmosphere as last year’s game was just because of the lack of fans, stupid rona!!!!

I think Carthage mimics what Argyle did to PG, but by one or two less scores. I think Carthage will go to grinding the clock down sooner than Argyle did. I too feel PG will be a bit improved from that Argyle game and will be a tougher challenge for the Dawgs.

Great game coming tomorrow night!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

Actually, I personally know a couple of PG kids/coaches/players and families. So, if I was being biased I would pick them. I just don't see them beating Carthage. This does not discredit PG at all by the way. Just like you, I watched all the games you watched above too. If they do beat Carthage great, but Gibson better have a great game plan best believe Surrat does. 

• Like 1

Good and possibly valid points by TexasFootballGuru.......it won't be long until we know.  No slight at all against PG........but I'm very impressed with Horton.  Woodside is definitely talented and will be a great QB for PG......even later this year in the playoffs.  He's not seasoned enough yet to become the kind of threat against a team like Carthage.......maybe next season or later this season.  I may be wrong in the final margin, but I'll still say Carthage wins decisively.  But you just never know.......things can happen in football......esp. at the high school level.  PG will have home field advantage.......but they had that against Argyle too.  Good luck to both teams.......I have no investment in who wins this game.

I’m thinking the only team that can keep this game from happening twice is WOS. They have only played 2 games, but those 2 wins are pretty impressive. As far as PG side of the bracket I think it’s Gilmer or nobody. And Gilmer will have a tough time against PG. Maybe Glen Rose? I don’t know, they are 4-0. Obviously still a lot of football left, but I would think both are pretty heavy favorites to meet up at Jerry World in December. 

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I’m thinking the only team that can keep this game from happening twice is WOS. They have only played 2 games, but those 2 wins are pretty impressive. As far as PG side of the bracket I think it’s Gilmer or nobody. And Gilmer will have a tough time against PG. Maybe Glen Rose? I don’t know, they are 4-0. Obviously still a lot of football left, but I would think both are pretty heavy favorites to meet up at Jerry World in December. 

Glen Rose, no. Gilmer, maybe. Then PG will likely play Celina or Graham in the semifinals.