Carthage @ Pleasant Grove

CDAWG68

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick to win this battle?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:00 AM

Just now, DAWG91 said:

You mean 2009?

Just now, cotton84 said:

Guy from Argyle been saying Argyle defensive front is better/stronger than Carthage...……..Ain't no doubt now

Better D than Carthage. I don’t buy that. I have watched them play twice. Argyle offense may be better but their defense can’t walk on the field with the Dawg D. 

Carthage legitimately has no weaknesses. To beat them you'll have to play flawlessly AND have the Bulldogs make some mistakes, and you'll have to capitalize on every single one of them. NOBODY is going to out-athlete them. Nobody is going to have the team speed on defense the Bulldogs have, AND just crazy discipline and tackling ability. It's gross how good they are.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HATEIT4U said:

Hawks out coached and out played. Carthage’s coach made adjustments at half and PG came out with the same thing. Just think if pg didn’t run the clock this could of got ugly quick.

Carthage coming out with 4 DL in the 2nd half was a big difference. Been playing a lot of 3 DL this year. Looks like they made an adjustment at half.

• Like 2

The Dawgs played and beat a great football team tonight.

The Dawg D keeps getting better and better. The speed at every position is amazing.

The D linemen's first step when the ball is snapped is crazy fast.

Linebackers 5 and 6 just do not miss tackles and it don't matter where the ball goes, they run it down, side line to side line.

The safety's play position ball and they will light you up whether you run or catch the ball.

Corner's can play man and so far no one can out run them. I think they have 7 or eight INT'S in three games.

Gilmer rushed for 20 yards, Kilgore was minus 23 yards at the half, and now they hold the number # 2 team in 4A,  one of the best running teams in 4A to 7 points.

WOW Dawgs were impressive tonight.

The Dawg Offensive Line in my opinion is one of the best in all of 4A.

Argyle O line and Dawgs O line 1a and 1b.

Those big young men just kept pounding and pounding PG and wore them out.

Courtney ran hard and must have four eyes to see a crease and hit it.

Horton made some awesome throws and the receivers are really starting to run clean routes.

Hoskins is one fast young man, would love to see him in more passing situations.

Great game Dawgs.

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.               

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:57 AM, TexasFootballGuru said:

I see No one is Giving PG a shot on the Carthage side.... Foolish....Even the most generous say that Carthage wins by 21 and applies the brakes.... that's an incredibly biased assessment. Carthage is walking straight into a hornets nest in my opinion. I made the drive over from Rockwall to Paris three weeks ago. PG completely dominated a good Paris Team. I've watched film of the Silsbee Game, by the way Silsbee is very big and in fact much bigger than Carthage up front defensively. They are no slouch for sure. PG handled them. As for the game that everyone frowns on PG ....Argyle, Argyle certainly is a very very good squad. PG had their chances and missed on them offensively in the 1st half. PG had some assignment issues defensively but cleaned that up. I saw a pretty gritty PG team come back from 14-0 to tie the game late in the 2nd quarter. Argyles O Line is undoubtedly one of the top 5 lines in all of Texas. They grinded away on PG and wore them down. Conditioning played a big role and 2 way players for PG in my opinion. I think you will see a better conditioned PG team and this Carthage Offense is not the same as Argyle. Spin it all you want its a different system. All of this said I will be interested to see how Carthage responds to a true challenge. Carthages first two Opponents in Kilgore and Gilmer simply do not compare to Pleasant Grove. Physically and Athletically in most positions PG matches up. Carthage has an advantage at the Skill Position PG has an advantage on the Defensive Line. The offensive lines are for the most part Similar although I believe PG has more experience and More Athletic Lineman. QB the advantage is with Carthage but dont sleep on PGs new QB Woodside. He has a cannon and PG can burn a defense, especially if the DBS are peeking into the backfield. The RB position Carthage has a good one two punch with Courtney and his back up but I don't expect stretch plays to work as well against this PG team. The PG linebackers are healthy and talented. Be on the look out for 6 Nick Martin with several D1 offers he will be a key figure in PGs defensive game plan. All in all This game will come down to the line of scrimmage as most do. Right now I'm not convinced Carthage is better up front. Coaching certainly Surratt is a legendary figure but Gibson at PG has definitely cemented himself as a rising star with what he has done in his tenure at PG. All in all its just great to have a game of this magnitude this early in the season. These two teams will likely meet again. In round one Im going with the Home team Pleasant Grove by the score of 31-24. I feel PG will force some turnovers and uncomfortable down and distance ituations for Carthage. PG will do just enough offensively through the Air to keep Carthage off balance and grind out the win. 

And then you woke up....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

1 hour ago, HATEIT4U said:

Hawks out coached and out played. Carthage’s coach made adjustments at half and PG came out with the same thing. Just think if pg didn’t run the clock this could of got ugly quick.

I think the game totally changed when the Dawgs made that 4th down play on our own side of the field when we were down by a TD.  Dawgs scored after that and never looked back.