Spearman @ Canadian

THEHARDWAY

Not East Texas, but a good district matchup featuring two top 10 teams. Spearman has speed to burn, and a 4 star recruit (#9 athlete in nation). Canadian is Canadian.......tough, physical, and quick. This will be Canadians first game in 3 Weeks, and I’m not sure if that will help or hurt.

Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Impressive to have a 4 star for the Spearman Lynx 

Yes sir. Kid can fly. Not laser time, but ran a 10.23 and 10.27 (official time/back up time) at the Canadian track meet. Saw the stopwatches myself. After that he started getting all sort of offers. 

1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

Spearman cancelled due to Covid. Looks like we will have 3 weeks off.

Wow, top 10 team forfeits a district game.  Bet we don't see that happen a lot this year.  I'd like to know the circumstances.  Why not just follow UIL protocol?  Where does it say to cancel the game?  Guess they didn't want to take the beat down.

11 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Wow, top 10 team forfeits a district game.  Bet we don't see that happen a lot this year.  I'd like to know the circumstances.  Why not just follow UIL protocol?  Where does it say to cancel the game?  Guess they didn't want to take the beat down.

Supposedly it’s a coach....if they were following rules/masks they should be fine. If not, I guess the whole team is quarantined??? I really don’t know.

26 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Surprising that coaches are testing.  Not judging that it is right or wrong, just surprised. 

The frustrating part was at the Spearman/Childress game last week, the stands were packed, with not many masks being used. A couple of the coaches did not have them on either. 

I am not a mask person at all, but am willing to do whatever it takes to have a season. Our coaches and Their families will not go out in public without one on for the same reason.  It’s frustrating to see other coaches without them on in a game, and then have them have to cancel due to Covid.