Mineola (5-0) at Mount Vernon (5-0)

MVFAN1

On 10/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Blazin97 said:

His motor will definitely be tested Friday. MV doesn’t play anyone both ways so that might be a factor in 4th where Mineola has nothing left in the tank. 

It will be a challenge, with the hurry up Off. that MV runs. The Jackets will have to dig deep for this one......so they can bury the kitty kats with full honors.😜

1 hour ago, gamewatcher63 said:

It will be a challenge, with the hurry up Off. that MV runs. The Jackets will have to dig deep for this one......so they can bury the kitty kats with full honors.😜

Did y’all switch QB? Noticed in the hudl recap that it was a different QB than the rest of your games this year 

17 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Did y’all switch QB? Noticed in the hudl recap that it was a different QB than the rest of your games this year 

The starting QB from last year filled in while the starter for this year was not in pads and didn't play against Bonham. I have no info on any injuries but he looked OK against Winny, didn't see him get hurt. Probably resting up for the Purple Tigers.....

7 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

The starting QB from last year filled in while the starter for this year was not in pads and didn't play against Bonham. I have no info on any injuries but he looked OK against Winny, didn't see him get hurt. Probably resting up for the Purple Tigers.....

Better get all the rest you can, gonna be a long night on Friday for the Jackets 

Gameday!!....probably the most interesting game in the area, will the Jackets D be able to keep up with the fast pace of the MV offense and will the MV D be able to stop the Jacket run game.  All I know is everyone better put on their big boy pants, this is going to be a hard hitting game. GO JACKETS!!! 

2 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

So proud of the Jackets, they almost pulled it out. They were worn out after the game. Move on to next week and get ready for Potts.

Jackets are a good team! I’m not going to lie I was a little nervous in the 4th quarter. I feel like MV moved the ball well all night but Mineola D stepped up in big moments. Intercepted a ball in the end zone when MV had 1st and goal, got big stops on 4th down, and a few drives were stalled because of penalties. 
Good luck the rest of the way, go beat Potts! 

13 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Jackets are a good team! I’m not going to lie I was a little nervous in the 4th quarter. I feel like MV moved the ball well all night but Mineola D stepped up in big moments. Intercepted a ball in the end zone when MV had 1st and goal, got big stops on 4th down, and a few drives were stalled because of penalties. 
Good luck the rest of the way, go beat Potts! 

The Jackets came in with a good game plan, run the play clock almost to zero on offense, get the MV defense keying in on the run then using play action to get deep pass plays with Pendergrass. Trevion started out a LB spying on Nellor but they moved him to DE to try and get more pressure on him. It worked sometimes but Nellor is a good QB who spreads it around and knows when to run it when needed. MV got the FG late to pull ahead and the Jackets just couldn't get a late score. Very good game to watch as both sides adjusted during the game. Good luck the rest of the way....except when you play Winny!😁