Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Week 9: White Oak vs Gladewater


Who wins this clash of Titans?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. Eh?


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

We have enough depth and talent to overcome the injuries. If you watch Mineola play dang near the whole team both ways and still have enough in the tank to take out Pottsboro in overtime you realize that the kids can overcome fatigue.  

All it took last night was an injury to another key player. Might be enough depth and talent now but not in the playoffs. Not against the group of teams in our region. It's one thing to go down the field with our 2 big guys on the last drive of the game, but entirely a different story to have to start the game that way. I have no ideal how long DJ and Malachi will be out. Eligia went down but did return for a little bit and Devon was playing hurt. You saw how hard Devon played last night but he was spent at the end. They are all tough that's for sure. Tristan was getting bang up on his runs and we couldn't get him out of the game as long as we needed the option to pass the ball. With DJ out it's hard to move Kolin to QB. We need him and K'Havia at WR. 

Yes, you are right, we have options that we can move people around. Depth is totally different. I look at depth as being able to replace a player with another player or move players and it not affect your game plan. Unfortunately when you have multiple injuries,most moving around of players changes your game plan. Against some teams no matter what you do it works. Against really good teams one key player out can cost you a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t lie. That’s your cape. 

Ehh, change my mind. You little mad. 

Game Stats First Downs- Bears 14 White Oak 9 Rushing- Bears 38/170/2 TD White Oak 22/21 Passing- Bears 9/20/198/2 TD White Oak 10/23/2 TD/Int Fumbles- Bears 2/1 White Oak 1/1

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

All it took last night was an injury to another key player. Might be enough depth and talent now but not in the playoffs. Not against the group of teams in our region. It's one thing to go down the field with our 2 big guys on the last drive of the game, but entirely a different story to have to start the game that way. I have no ideal how long DJ and Malachi will be out. Eligia went down but did return for a little bit and Devon was playing hurt. You saw how hard Devon played last night but he was spent at the end. They are all tough that's for sure. Tristan was getting bang up on his runs and we couldn't get him out of the game as long as we needed the option to pass the ball. With DJ out it's hard to move Kolin to QB. We need him and K'Havia at WR. 

Yes, you are right, we have options that we can move people around. Depth is totally different. I look at depth as being able to replace a player with another player or move players and it not affect your game plan. Unfortunately when you have multiple injuries,most moving around of players changes your game plan. Against some teams no matter what you do it works. Against really good teams one key player out can cost you a game.

Everyone is banged up this time of year. We will be fine 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be honest. I underestimated White Oak. I felt like we lost a very winnable game when we played them. So I voted against them the next 2 weeks because I just didn't feel like they were that good. I was wrong. I wish I had picked them to win the last 2 weeks, because there's no way I can pick them to win the next 2. They are a better football team than I and most have given them credit for however. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

All it took last night was an injury to another key player. Might be enough depth and talent now but not in the playoffs. Not against the group of teams in our region. It's one thing to go down the field with our 2 big guys on the last drive of the game, but entirely a different story to have to start the game that way. I have no ideal how long DJ and Malachi will be out. Eligia went down but did return for a little bit and Devon was playing hurt. You saw how hard Devon played last night but he was spent at the end. They are all tough that's for sure. Tristan was getting bang up on his runs and we couldn't get him out of the game as long as we needed the option to pass the ball. With DJ out it's hard to move Kolin to QB. We need him and K'Havia at WR. 

Yes, you are right, we have options that we can move people around. Depth is totally different. I look at depth as being able to replace a player with another player or move players and it not affect your game plan. Unfortunately when you have multiple injuries,most moving around of players changes your game plan. Against some teams no matter what you do it works. Against really good teams one key player out can cost you a game.

DJ could’ve played last night if needed. Hearing he will be out for one more game but could be wrong about that. I don’t know the details on Gordon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I will be honest. I underestimated White Oak. I felt like we lost a very winnable game when we played them. So I voted against them the next 2 weeks because I just didn't feel like they were that good. I was wrong. I wish I had picked them to win the last 2 weeks, because there's no way I can pick them to win the next 2. They are a better football team than I and most have given them credit for however. 

Everyone has underestimated us and it’s cool. I think GW is underestimating us as well. We won’t lay down like the last two years. They’ll have to work for it. I also think our district isn’t as bad as district 5. I think a couple teams in our district will stack up well against theirs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Everyone has underestimated us and it’s cool. I think GW is underestimating us as well. We won’t lay down like the last two years. They’ll have to work for it. I also think our district isn’t as bad as district 5. I think a couple teams in our district will stack up well against theirs. 

Not underestimating by any means. From what I’ve heard the oak has tremendously improved and that’s even more impressive given how you guys had to start the season. My predictions are more so based on my confidence in this group of kids. I’ve never seen as much talent on one team from Gladewater and I’ve watched a lot of Gladewater football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Everyone has underestimated us and it’s cool. I think GW is underestimating us as well. We won’t lay down like the last two years. They’ll have to work for it. I also think our district isn’t as bad as district 5. I think a couple teams in our district will stack up well against theirs. 

This group doesn’t mind working for it. I have no doubt that y’all are much improved. Heck the results show as much. I just don’t see it going your way unless something bad happens on our side.  We’ve put up 40 plus points in all but one game and that was Kilgore. Logic says we will put up 40+ against you guys. You guys have yet to put up 40 or more. We have a better defense than any team y’all have played. That’s a recipe in GWs favor. It’s high school football and anything can happen. I just don’t think it’s likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm being totally honest, I think Tatum is the most underrated team in the district. I know GW beat them, but that team I saw last night was ridiculous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If I'm being totally honest, I think Tatum is the most underrated team in the district. I know GW beat them, but that team I saw last night was ridiculous. 

They are not underrated by anyone who has seen them play. I give them grief but they have a solid team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

They are not underrated by anyone who has seen them play. I give them grief but they have a solid team.  

Yeah it's a lot to take in when you're playing them. Granted we're a 1 dimensional team, you'd have to have be executing and hitting on all cylinders to beat the team we saw last night. They were as sloppy as they could be, and still we couldn't find a way to stop them. Punted once in the first half, and threw 1 pick 6. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yeah it's a lot to take in when you're playing them. Granted we're a 1 dimensional team, you'd have to have be executing and hitting on all cylinders to beat the team we saw last night. They were as sloppy as they could be, and still we couldn't find a way to stop them. Punted once in the first half, and threw 1 pick 6. 

We played a near flawless game against them. We also had a good plan on offense any defense.  They stacked the box and when Allen is on the field and the QBs is throwing dimes like he was that night we can make a team pay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WOhorns said:

Ginaborn we both know u never even played u was the cheerleader just like u are now on smoaky . 

Ain’t nothing wrong with being a cheerleader. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Everyone has underestimated us and it’s cool. I think GW is underestimating us as well. We won’t lay down like the last two years. They’ll have to work for it. I also think our district isn’t as bad as district 5. I think a couple teams in our district will stack up well against theirs. 

Which two?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If I'm being totally honest, I think Tatum is the most underrated team in the district. I know GW beat them, but that team I saw last night was ridiculous. 

@Eagleborn and @Tatum_DirtyBird  thank you for the compliment. Those 2 put in more work than anyone to make that team click, really hard workers and good locker room kids

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...