Winnsboro @ #5 Mt Vernon 10/23

chevyman

A better question would be. Why in the world would Briles kick off short and give the Raiders the ball at the 45 yard line? Or why didn't the defense stop the Raiders before they drove it down to field goal range...instead of blaming the ref on a close call that only he has the correct angle to see.

4 minutes ago, Jeepster89 said:

If the kick is wide you WOULD see the ball like in the picture.  

also here is a second pic where the kicker and holder both thought they missed it as well. 

9D7B1008-F77D-4BC9-A12A-F63DE3D5BF23.jpeg

Sorry, I said it wrong...if you notice, part of the ball is missing...if it was wide you would see the ball completely.

3 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

A better question would be. Why in the world would Briles kick off short and give the Raiders the ball at the 45 yard line? Or why didn't the defense stop the Raiders before they drove it down to field goal range...instead of blaming the ref on a close call that only he has the correct angle to see.

I don’t disagree.  Kick the ball deep and make the go 75 yards instead of 45 yards. I just hate to see stuff like this that could have been reviewed with technology we have today. Imagine it was for a state championship. 

Man that was tough. I give all the credit to the coaching and players from Winnsboro they showed they wanted it more and deserved to win. MV couldn’t stop the run and Winnsboro just killed them by getting 4 yards a play. 
As far as the kick being good or not I am still torn. I have watched so many different angles and watched it in slow mo and I just can’t tell. 
Every single player on the field for MV and Winnsboro thought it was a miss, it’s a tough one to swallow 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:33 AM, chevyman said:

Unless a coach shows up that has prototype quarterback relatives from another state, i figure he’ll be gone. In all seriousness, they have some good kids returning but i am guessing that he will likely have an offer or 2 from a “bigger” gig and id be surprised if he turned those down if they chose to offer

Isn't there some type of vague insinuation within this post??? Trueblue?!

yes that's sarcasm lol

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

They do but I believe the problem will be the camera is on a short tripod and not on extended pole.  Won’t be able to see the goal posts.

That’s right. I just don’t see how the officials could’ve gotten it wrong when the uprights are way higher than the kick was and the one official is standing right underneath it. I can certainly see it being missed on one of those old school goalposts that doesn’t go very high.

16 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

That’s right. I just don’t see how the officials could’ve gotten it wrong when the uprights are way higher than the kick was and the one official is standing right underneath it. I can certainly see it being missed on one of those old school goalposts that doesn’t go very high.

In the video the ref directly under the left goal post did not hesitate.  He stepped up and called it good immediately.  The ref on the right signaled as well once he saw the one on the left.  I have watched for all the other officials on the videos and I yet to see any of them signal no good.