Harleton 5-1 2-1 @ Waskom 6-0 3-0 Oct 23rd 7:30PM

Wild74

Harleton 5-1 2-1 @ Waskom 6-0 3-0 Oct 23rd 7:30PM  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game

5 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

If I had a nickel for every time someone said that you’re gonna have to pass to win I’d be a rich man. Just keep trying to convince yourself that Waskom’s not good because you’re not convincing anyone else. 

I have never said Waskom is not good I think I have said they are good several times I just think the schedule and the lop sided scores have given some fans a false Sense of security as to how good they actually are. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

Ef run game is not Waskom's run game.  We can and will rush for 250 plus yds pass or no pass. Harleton will be doing good to keep it with in 4 tds.

EF had 270 rushing yards on Harleton and another 231 passing so I figure you will break 250 especially if you don’t pass. 

All I can say about Waskom passing game is if you can stop the Waskom run without bringing your secondary up to stop the triple option then you may beat Waskom, but if you can't stop the run without stacking the secondary up close to the line of scrimmage then you might get into a bind with the passing, we have a very good QB that is 9TD out of 15 Competition's this year, and Waskom will look for that opportunity to fake block and head down the field. We do that to keep you from cheating up, our coaching staff knows that and your coaching staff knows that what they don't know is when...😀

• Like 3

On 10/18/2020 at 11:01 AM, jacket52 said:

Have you watched Harleton in person ? They have more speed than you would expect it will be a close game 

I have seen Waskom. I’m guessing you have not which why you think the game will be close.

Turnovers by Waskom would be the only thing that keeps Harleton close to them.

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I have seen Waskom. I’m guessing you have not which why you think the game will be close.

Turnovers by Waskom would be the only thing that keeps Harleton close to them.

I have watched every Waskom Game that’s been streamed and even one that kept messing up.  My son happens to be friends with the QB and a few other kids also.  I don’t think Waskom has played a true playoff team this year for anyone to really know what they got if they blow out Harleton then I guess EF will be in for the best game we will have all season but honestly I am expecting that anyways just because of the rivalry and both teams being good at same time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

All I can say about Waskom passing game is if you can stop the Waskom run without bringing your secondary up to stop the triple option then you may beat Waskom, but if you can't stop the run without stacking the secondary up close to the line of scrimmage then you might get into a bind with the passing, we have a very good QB that is 9TD out of 15 Competition's this year, and Waskom will look for that opportunity to fake block and head down the field. We do that to keep you from cheating up, our coaching staff knows that and your coaching staff knows that what they don't know is when...😀

True story

35 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

The only thing that might happen is they don't run the clock in the second quarter.  Harleton will be the best team Waskom has played so far but they still win by 30+

I like the confidence, and as I stated Waskom will win.  But the lack of respect is big in you Timbo.

46 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

I hear ya. No disrespect to Harleton. Waskom is just a different animal all together. You'll understand after Friday's game. 

I have seen a lot of high school football games in my day.  I know what Waskom is bringing to the table and it will be a tall order for Harleton to stop.  But don’t forget everyone said Harleton would not make the playoffs last year and they won district and went 3 rounds deep.  Then everyone said they would not be able to compete moving up to 3A D2 and they are currently sitting at 5-1 and will likely get the 3rd seed in the district with their only losses on the season to EF and Waskom.  They are like the Winnsboro of East TX 3A D2 football.  If they get a few things to go their way it could be interesting in the 4th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I have seen a lot of high school football games in my day.  I know what Waskom is bringing to the table and it will be a tall order for Harleton to stop.  But don’t forget everyone said Harleton would not make the playoffs last year and they won district and went 3 rounds deep.  Then everyone said they would not be able to compete moving up to 3A D2 and they are currently sitting at 5-1 and will likely get the 3rd seed in the district with their only losses on the season to EF and Waskom.  They are like the Winnsboro of East TX 3A D2 football.  If they get a few things to go their way it could be interesting in the 4th.

Who said they couldn't complete with New Diana, Ore City, and Queen City?

7 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Waskom 35-21.  Harleton will be the best team they have played to date.

There’s no doubt this will be the best team we’ve played this year. Last week our kids came out flat and made a lot of mistakes against QC in the first half. Those miscues will cost us against a good team. I‘m hoping for a good slug fest this week to get them refocused.

2 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

There’s no doubt this will be the best team we’ve played this year. Last week our kids came out flat and made a lot of mistakes against QC in the first half. Those miscues will cost us against a good team. I‘m hoping for a good slug fest this week to get them refocused.

I can say EF came out flat against QC only scoring just 7 pts in the 1st qtr, but scored 33 in the 2nd qtr, you got to give a lil credit to your opponent too, even tho EF was by far the better team, QC played hard thru out the game.

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

I can say EF came out flat against QC only scoring just 7 pts in the 1st qtr, but scored 33 in the 2nd qtr, you got to give a lil credit to your opponent too, even tho EF was by far the better team, QC played hard thru out the game.

My intention wasn’t to take anything away from QC those boys played hard. We just had some miscues that will hurt us against a better team. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2020 at 9:20 PM, Nick2011 said:

Think that’s a good prediction. Waskom 21+ 

Most of the time when one team is picked by 21 they really mean it could be by 40.    The fastest team will probably win.  Hope you get rid of that skunky dog smell soon Wild😏.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ringside said:

Most of the time when one team is picked by 21 they really mean it could be by 40.    The fastest team will probably win.  Hope you get rid of that skunky dog smell soon Wild😏.

I didn't get sprayed it was the dog but that smell stays with you for a while..😀