(5-1, 2-1) Cushing vs. (5-2, 4-0) Tenaha @ The Pit

HulaKat

3 hours ago, HulaKat said:

I played there at the Pit back in the day with 3 inches of water on the field... was fun for sure.

Does anyone know how it went with Jr. High and the JV last night?

The JV game was cancelled, the Tigers won the Jr High game. I think the score was 34-0. They are undefeated.

I played in The Pit for the Tigers in 58, 59 & 60. We played Cushing, in The Pit,  the 1st game of the 59 season. We won 16-0 (I think). I scored the 1st TD of the game, and the season, on a 20 yd pass reception.     

4 hours ago, HulaKat said:

I played there at the Pit back in the day with 3 inches of water on the field... was fun for sure.

Does anyone know how it went with Jr. High and the JV last night?

Until you realize it wasn’t water but sewer instead 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grayghost said:

The JV game was cancelled, the Tigers won the Jr High game. I think the score was 34-0. They are undefeated.

I played in The Pit for the Tigers in 58, 59 & 60. We played Cushing, in The Pit,  the 1st game of the 59 season. We won 16-0 (I think). I scored the 1st TD of the game, and the season, on a 20 yd pass reception.     

Why was the JV game cancelled?

On 10/21/2020 at 8:54 AM, HulaKat said:

I’m hoping for a good ballgame without injuries and without sportsmanship issues on either side.

The fact this is a game with playoff and district seeding implications, Tenaha’s Homecoming and one of Cushing’s players’ history with leaving Cushing, going to Tenaha last year and then leaving for Nac and back to Cushing will have a lot of emotions up in the air.  Hopefully both coaching staffs put in some time to caution both teams from letting these things affect the game and they just get out there get after it without an ugly turn of events.

Is Coach Garrett back at Cush?