Daingerfield 4-0 @ Hooks 3-1

EastTxFinest

Week 10  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Daingerfield Tigers
    • Hooks Hornets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2020 at 12:30 AM

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

Dfield is so overrated this is the second time I have watched them. They have athletes but not a really good team the Qb literally get the ball and just runs around and try to make a play, almost has to do with their line.

One bad game and we over rated and there was plenty times Jeter could stand in pocket and throw the ball. They had an off night you could tell everything was just out of sync for them tonight.

7 minutes ago, TigerMania said:

One bad game and we over rated and there was plenty times Jeter could stand in pocket and throw the ball. They had an off night you could tell everything was just out of sync for them tonight.

Teams like redwater and hooks should never be in the game with dfield honestlyย 

11 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I agree with you. Why pass when you have 1st and 10 on their 25 with 3 minutes left in the half. Youโ€™re getting getting yardage running the ball. 2 holding penalties and then go for it on 4th and 30. Giving the ball with good yardage to gain momentum going into half.ย 

Both played a bit sloppy. Lots of penaltiesย on both sides. ย Must have been the change in the weather. ย Hooks stayed in the DF backfield and it looked to take DF out of their game. Their D gave Hooks heck also. ย These are the two best teams in Dist. ย Tonight. ย Next week it starts all over. ย I hope both teams reload for next weeks games. ย You canโ€™t take any team for granted in this dist. ย I suspect the top 3 will remain the same after next week. DF will most likely be the top seed in a three way tie for dist. ย Hooks has to beat PL before they can beat their chest

1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

๐Ÿค”...DF's #1 fan ETF would not agree with that assessment. Unless he's flip-flopped, which is possible. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘€

I look at it as co-champs, but after talking to a coach just now, he says that Dfield would get first off of points or something like that.ย 

40 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hooks won their D1 Dist last year. ย Lost a lot but are getting it together when it counts. ย I knew this would be a close game. ย Wasnโ€™t too sure who would Win until the end of the final play with no time on the clock. ย Nobody has a bad game at this point. ย Opponents generally have something to do with. ย Hooks was pretty beat up and still kept it close. ย Their D bent but played well enough to take the win. ย Both teams played sloppy as far as penalties. ย Way too many this late in the season

Our oline didnt pass protect much last night. They blocked well when we ran. Our d struggled to stop their run game. But you have to give credit to those few athletes from Hooks that played their #### off all night. I cant say we got out coached because execution is a must as well.

1 minute ago, EastTxFinest said:

Our oline didnt pass protect much last night. They blocked well when we ran. Our d struggled to stop their run game. But you have to give credit to those few athletes from Hooks that played their #### off all night. I cant say we got out coached because execution is a must as well.

Our right tackle needs to get ahold of all those holding penalties. That killed almost every drive we went that way. Left and up the middle no problem, but that right side has holding problems.ย 

10 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I don't agree, after the Hooks loss to Jefferson, Hooks has been playing dame good football, you needย to give credit where it's due, Hooks is gonna be a problem in the playoffsย 

• Like 1

Hooks had a wake up call against PP. ย The Hornets went into half time with a big lead. ย When they started the 3rd they thought the game was wonย and they lost their focus. When DF came out and scored the 1st series of the 3rd I feared the worst. ย Unlike what happened during the PP game they got them selves together and were able to pull out a win. ย Loseing can be a wake up call

19 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

This could be the best thing to happen to yโ€™all. Kids can gain a new perspective after a loss. Letโ€™s them know they are not invincible.

I agree.we will be fine. We lost to dekalb last year and that propelled us to beating newton and going 4 rounds.ย 

• Thanks 1