Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

The Rams will travel to Timpson for a district championship matchup with the unbeaten Bears. This one is for all the marbles, the whole enchilada, the big cheese. One team is gonna walk out a champion, and one team is just gonna walk out. This game is a contrast in styles. The Bears like to spread you out and carve you up with their outstanding backfield duo of QB Jay Bussey and RB Brayden Courtney. The Rams are a lot less subtle, using the slot-t formation like a sledgehammer to pound on the defense till it breaks. Joaquin loves using their 6’1” 215# QB Chandler Pritchett in short yardage situations, as he has proved nearly unstoppable when they need two yards or less.  I honestly think this game hinges on which defense can get more consistent stops. The Ram defense has given up a grand total of 7 TDs in 8 games, while recording 3 shutouts (Groveton, Ore City and West Hardin). The Bears have been impressive as well , posting 2 goose eggs while giving up just over 12 points per game. Since the turn of the century, the Rams hold a 7-1 advantage in the series, with the lone Bear win coming in 2018 over a Ram squad that would finish 9-3 and advance to the second round of the playoffs. Interestingly, that game was played at Center’s Roughrider Stadium due to the field at Timpson being under water. The Bears are 0-3 on their home field this century vs the Rams, but are 4-0 on the new artificial surface at John Herbert Aiken Stadium. This one has all the makings of a donnybrook, an instant classic, a humdinger/ barn burner slobber knocker of a football game. Let’s have some fun with this thread. 

GO RAMS! 

2 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Everyone I think the real question is,  will this thread be able to surpass the epic status of last years Joaquin Alto thread.   

No. There is only one Timpson guy willing to take time to post. 7 Ram fans and one Tenaha carpetbagger can’t carry a thread to that level. 

This one about to be a great game. It will be the first one I see this year. I honestly do have any idea who will win this one. Timpson is overdue that’s for sure. 

It’s unfortunate that Timpson will be great these next 3 years but Joaquin will be looking to make a state run in those same 3 years. 

Timpson has upset Joaquin before an the rams have been fumble happy all year. I’m gonna call an overtime game. Rams get be victory in double overtime and these two see each other again later down the road in playoffs.

10 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Meh, I'm willing to give it a shot.  At least this one is cross county rivals.  Basically the good side of the county vs the meth side of the county. 

I'll be here all week.  

Yes I agree with this. The Meth side of the county Vs Joaquin (minus stone street 😆)

17 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

I will be joining the side of the one Timpson fella in order to even the playing field.   Basically my power level will cancel out like at least 4 Joaquin "nice guys"  so its almost even.  

Nice!!! Imma need the backup 😂

I’ve been to 4 Timpson games, and I don’t see Joaquin shutting them down. I’ve looked pretty close at both teams schedules and I feel their schedules are pretty even. I only have two questions; can Joaquin throw the ball ? Can they defend the pass. If people think it’s just Courtney and Bussey, they’ in for a surprise. I feel Timpson defense is underrated.

• Like 1