Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

I've finally somewhat recovered from last Friday.... if someone could PM me one of those therapist's numbers y'all talked about yesterday that would be great. Anyways, after seeing both of these teams play my Dragons, I have to take Joaquin simply for the fact that they can consistently gain positive yards whereas Timpson relies heavily on occasional big plays. Joe's defense is also very scrappy, and they finally have a secondary that can stop teams that have a good passing game. Taking Joe for the district champs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should be a great game. Congrats to both of these teams this year. May even be playing the 1st of 2 this year. I have seen timpson once this year be it wasn’t much of a game. Haven’t seen the Rams. Off of looking at everything and knowing the way Joaquin plays I’ll take the Rams in a tight ball game. Best of luck to both teams and my they come out healthy in this one. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Think about this, B Courtney from Timpson, K Horton and M Courtney from Carthage all played together at Beckville when younger.   That would have been a strong team if they had stayed together.   

No kidding. Those Courtney's have football in their blood. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Unashamed said:

You're right,  its definitely a lot easier and cheaper for us to kill all the meth addicts instead of attempt to offer them an alternative.   Especially if that alternative is your version of Christ.  

I thought this was football talk MONKE wondering where the meth comes from

15 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Image may contain: text that says 'Timpson Bears District 10 2020 Record: (9-0)(4-0) SCHEDULE Opponent 8/28 Frankston 9/4 9/11 Score 68-24) Joaquin Rams District 2A 10 Record: (8-0)(4-0) Mount Enterprise Price Carlisle 9/25 VS Simms Shelbyville at Garrison 2020 SCHEDULE Date Opponent Pick 8/28 Beckville 28 9/4 Elysian Fields 9/11 Groveton Score aι Saratoga West Hardin -13 John Herbert Eakin Stadium 10/30 7:00 PM Clarksville 41-0) (W63-0) 2020 STATS Rating: 144.45 a Augustine V3 Saratoga West Hardin 10/23 Shelbyville 10/30 JERRY'S SCORE PREDICTION (11) W46-0) (W32-14) 409) O'all:( #1 Prnts STATS Current Rating: Allowed-O'all: 114) Shakers-State: Shakers-Oal: 1200) MOV: Pnts Scored-ST Pnts MOV-St: 279) Shakers-State:'

So for anyone who was at every Joe game like I was. This  numbers games mean nothing. So many times they got off the gas so they would not embarrass the kids on the other team to the point they wouldn’t come out the next year. It’s called class Joe could have scored ez 500- 550 points on offense this year. So for you who believe in these numbers. I’m sure the bears did the same with a little less class. So I believe This will be a great game this week but don’t bet your chips on these numbers. Every team Groveton, San Augustine, Garrison, where all in the top ten but fail to the slot-T. The difference at Joe is going to hit the RB ,QB hard on every Run and the  corners will shut down the pass game . We will see how long the bears can withstand hit after hard hit. The RB from San Augustine took 3 good hits and did nothing after that he was  scared, laying down on his team. The QB from Garrison did the same thing. So the bears need to put some extra pads on for this one. Joaquin is going to bring the pain. It will be close at half but the rest of the game Joaquin will pound it hard and come out on top by 14. Timpson can not defend the slot-T kinda like Alto. For the kids playing both ways for Timpson the hits come on both sides of the ball. There will be no pass to defend only the run where they will not avoid contact. This is a problem for a RB  or QB who plays both ways double the hard contact. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs. On both teams. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheChef said:

So for anyone who was at every Joe game like I was. This  numbers games mean nothing. So many times they got off the gas so they would not embarrass the kids on the other team to the point they wouldn’t come out the next year. It’s called class Joe could have scored ez 500- 550 points on offense this year. So for you who believe in these numbers. I’m sure the bears did the same with a little less class. So I believe This will be a great game this week but don’t bet your chips on these numbers. Every team Groveton, San Augustine, Garrison, where all in the top ten but fail to the slot-T. The difference at Joe is going to hit the RB ,QB hard on every Run and the  corners will shut down the pass game . We will see how long the bears can withstand hit after hard hit. The RB from San Augustine took 3 good hits and did nothing after that he was  scared, laying down on his team. The QB from Garrison did the same thing. So the bears need to put some extra pads on for this one. Joaquin is going to bring the pain. It will be close at half but the rest of the game Joaquin will pound it hard and come out on top by 14. Timpson can not defend the slot-T kinda like Alto. For the kids playing both ways for Timpson the hits come on both sides of the ball. There will be no pass to defend only the run where they will not avoid contact. This is a problem for a RB  or QB who plays both ways double the hard contact. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs. On both teams. 

We shall see.  You might as well sign up for one of those therapy sessions with trueblue.  Y’all will not be able to hang with Timpson’s offense....PERIOD!! 

13 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

We shall see.  You might as well sign up for one of those therapy sessions with trueblue.  Y’all will not be able to hang with Timpson’s offense....PERIOD!! 

Heard that Bout a few different teams this season 

49 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

It will be proven Friday that the bears won’t be slowed down by lil o Joaquin 

Joe has the best secondary that I have ever seen them have and I firmly believe the Timpson passing game will be shut down early, forcing them to feed Courtney and Bussey every play, who will ultimately break a few big ones, but will eventually get tired from taking a beating on both sides of the ball. Courtney will be forced to make tackles every play on Defense because of Joe's offense, and will be fed the ball almost every play because of Joe's secondary. In my opinion, it's overall just a bad matchup for Timpson style wise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, Unashamed said:

Joaquin has 3 playoff wins in the past 10 years and all of a sudden it's like yall invented physical football.   I laugh.  I laugh in yo face.  

I’ll quote Bubba Courtney, “Joaquin is the hardest hitting team I ever played in high school.” 
His kinfolk is bout to find that out Friday as well. Joe might not have a ton of playoff wins but Joe has also had a ton of suuuuper undersized teams. A few years ago the average height of everyone was I swear 5’2” 😂 

Joe will knock the dust off that a$$ if you ain’t ready 

14 minutes ago, firebreathingreptilian said:

Joe has the best secondary that I have ever seen them have and I firmly believe the Timpson passing game will be shut down early, forcing them to feed Courtney and Bussey every play, who will ultimately break a few big ones, but will eventually get tired from taking a beating on both sides of the ball. Courtney will be forced to make tackles every play on Defense because of Joe's offense, and will be fed the ball almost every play because of Joe's secondary. In my opinion, it's overall just a bad matchup for Timpson style wise. 

Trying to tell Em . Any team timpson played with over 200 yard has scored 19+ and that’s not against the slot-T. The pass game will not be relevant. Joe average 250 or better every game . Yes it not the 300-400 timpson been putting up in the run game while running up scores lol against less talented  teams. But I can tell yea. It’s not going to be like that this week. Them boys will need ice all week long after this one. W or L

All I’m saying is both Timpson and Joaquin’s whataburger is Overpriced hot garbage 

Joaquin doesn’t have a police force but somehow it’s better than Timpsons (and tenahas) trash a$$ ticket writers.

Timpsons rancho is better than Joaquin’s I think everyone can agree there.