Alto vs Groveton

jacketgrad06

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Congrats to Alto on getting the win. Something to build on for next season. 

There surely a lot of talent on this team. Should be very tough for the next few years. Lots of youth and looks like a good JV to help fit in. 

Guys were fired up and played hard. A lot adversity this year but kept the intensity and heart of an Alto team. 

What I really loved was how the defense stepped up in the 4th quarter when the blood was in the water and finished the game. Groveton couldn’t move the ball when it mattered at the end. 

Great win and hopefully we get another Thursday 

16 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

No real details but a young man was carted off after a fake punt by Groveton. He was moving so hopefully nothing to serious. I’m sure someone will have some details later. 

Young man went into surgery in the last hour for a broken femur in Tyler. They will have to insert a rod. Prayers for him and for his folks, especially his mom! Great kid. Hustle, heart, and warrior on the football field. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:29 PM, jacketgrad06 said:

Was super excited to see the support for Alto was still there. Tons of folks in the stands loud and proud. Great hard fought win by the jackets here. 

Man, it’s been that way all year. That’s one thing I’ll say for the Alto folks: we support our football team win or lose. That’s been proven this season for sure. It’s easy when you’re winning, but week in and week out our fans show up (during this COVID 50% attendance mess no less) and enthusiastically show support for our boys. Band, cheer, all of it. That’s what families do, you know....during the good times and the bad times. JacketPRIDE is alive and well. 

B6B8076B-17B6-4FED-9C4B-DE1487F84EDD.jpeg

• Like 2