AAA Division I Playoffs

VZCR

AAA Division I

Region II

The winner of District 5 (Pottsboro, Mineola, Mount Vernon, or Winnsboro) will play Gladewater in the third round. In the bottom half of the bracket Grandview will play Malakoff. The top half will be the winner of District 5 and the bottom half is a tossup…history would go with Grandview. The bottom half will win Region II.

Region I

Brock will dance (step on heads through Region II).

Region III

East Chambers should walk through the top half. Rockdale, Lorena, or Hallettsville will survive the bottom half. East Chamber should prevail baring health and turnovers.

Region IV

In the top half Llano and Jourdanton will play to see who kicks the bottom half. Jourdanton has played a stronger schedule. Jourdanton. 

The Semifinal game against Region I and II will be a great. The winner will win state in a not-so-close game.

52 minutes ago, VZCR said:

AAA Division I

Region II

The winner of District 5 (Pottsboro, Mineola, Mount Vernon, or Winnsboro) will play Gladewater in the third round. In the bottom half of the bracket Grandview will play Malakoff. The top half will be the winner of District 5 and the bottom half is a tossup…history would go with Grandview. The bottom half will win Region II.

Region I

Region III

East Chambers should walk through the top half. Rockdale, Lorena, or Hallettsville will survive the bottom half. East Chamber should prevail baring health and turnovers.

Region IV

In the top half Llano and Jourdanton will play to see who kicks the bottom half. Jourdanton has played a stronger schedule. Jourdanton. 

The Semifinal game against Region I and II will be a great. The winner will win state in a not-so-close game.

I think East Chambers is a good team as well but I’m not sold on them winning Region 3. They just do not have a signature win under their belt. If I’m not mistaken EC will possibly see the 2nd seed of District 11 in round two. They will get tested there. 

1 hour ago, VZCR said:

AAA Division I

Region II

Region I

Region III

Region IV

Stop the Playoffs, hand East Chambers the title

41 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

I think East Chambers is a good team as well but I’m not sold on them winning Region 3. They just do not have a signature win under their belt. If I’m not mistaken EC will possibly see the 2nd seed of District 11 in round two. They will get tested there. 

I’ll bet on EC. They have not had a big win, but they have beaten two AAAA teams, AAAAA team, and two winning AAA teams by wide margins. In the last two few years they have lost close games to the best in AAA. Due to my past I’m anything but an EC fan.

Guest Tiger03lb

EC should win that region. They got the talent to do so. But VZCR is right whomever comes out of region 2 will win state.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, UnclePigg said:

Not happening. They’ve proven in years past that they can’t deal with teams outside of southeast Texas and there’s no reason to think that’ll change this year

2019...E Chambers lost to Grandview by 14 points. That was Grandview's closet game prior to the championship game. 

2018...E. Chambers beat Crockett, Yoe and lost to Grandview in overtime.

Piggs must have a short memory.

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, mightyeagle said:

If thats the way yall see it then there will be some up sets I think TATUM is way better than people think

So first round exit again? 😂 

3 hours ago, VZCR said:

2019...E Chambers lost to Grandview by 14 points. That was Grandview's closet game prior to the championship game. 

2018...E. Chambers beat Crockett, Yoe and lost to Grandview in overtime.

Piggs must have a short memory.

Close game? I didn’t say anything about playing them close chief; they lost 

I like East Chambers.  As mentioned, they did beat Cameron a few years back in OT and then turned around and lost to Grandview in OT on a two-point conversion.  Last season they arguably played Grandview tougher than anyone in the region.....and Grandview is gone.  Now, I do still find this region to be somewhat open and I don't see them just rolling through like the Zebras did a season ago.  I tend to lean more towards Hallettsville as being the top competitor, but Rockdale does have good talent on the roster.  

Rockdale is very in consistent. Hallettsville just seems to float around the top each year and never make it out of Region. District 9 is weak and without East Chambers District 10 might be less capable than District 9. From top to bottom Region III is not strong and I would be surprised if EC is upset.