Tatum vs Winnsboro playoffs 2020

Eagle921

Bi-District Round  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2020 at 01:30 AM

35 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

I don't think winnsborrow has played a team this year that has this many athleats on the field at one time.

Also if im not mistaken this will also be the first game this year they will all be playing

100% healthy.and you say this is the best team winnsboro has had in 15 years.We might as well stay home HEHE 🤣

Youre right we havent. I wont dispute that. That doesnt automatically mean that yall are going to win the game based solely on that though. 

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Youre right we havent. I wont dispute that. That doesnt automatically mean that yall are going to win the game based solely on that though. 

I no that,But if we play fundamentally sound no fumbles,nobody get hurt,and limited penaltys,we 

should be fine

17 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I can agree with that. That style of offense and clock draining scheme has leveled the playing field for lesser athletic teams since the beginning of football. But, you have to be very disciplined to make it work against those athletic teams. No turnovers, no stupid penalties. Punting is a no no in that scheme. Must have long drives and get points. Let that athletic team get a 3 TD lead and your gameplan goes out the window to try to play catch up and it's an uphill battle trying to go athlete for athlete in catch up mode. Though....the season is spent perfecting that scheme. This late.....yall got it down and it's a nightmare for DCs. 3 stops....we get 3 stops and we can blow it wide open in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I can agree with that. That style of offense and clock draining scheme has leveled the playing field for lesser athletic teams since the beginning of football. But, you have to be very disciplined to make it work against those athletic teams. No turnovers, no stupid penalties. Punting is a no no in that scheme. Must have long drives and get points. Let that athletic team get a 3 TD lead and your gameplan goes out the window to try to play catch up and it's an uphill battle trying to go athlete for athlete in catch up mode. Though....the season is spent perfecting that scheme. This late.....yall got it down and it's a nightmare for DCs. 3 stops....we get 3 stops and we can blow it wide open in my opinion. 

That is the name of the ballgame. No turnovers, no penalties, staying ahead of the chains. Not really rocket science i think we all can agree on that. I think one small difference this year has been our much improved defense as of late. Its not like a HAVE to score every time we have the ball though that is an ideal scenario. Our defense has shown a keen ability these last two games to get stops against very good teams such as Tatum will be. Its all about assignments on that side of the ball. You know last year against you guys we got up 21-0 and it totally changed the mood. Im not suggesting that we will do that this week but its amazing how much the mental side of things can change based on how each team might start if that makes sense.

24 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

One difference in this team and the normal Winnsboro teams you know from the past is that they can pass the ball.  They do not have to do it often but they do have a more extensive play book this year.

Actually the biggest difference for Winnsboro vs teams of the past is Finney. He made an immediate impact there. 

I have noticed that the Winny D-line is quite small. I think a matchup to watch is our bigger offensive line vs their small guys up front. Will the quicker D-line of Winny get the better end of the deal or will Tatum's rather large offensive line blow them off of the line of scrimmage. Should be fun to see how that unfolds as well. 

28 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I have noticed that the Winny D-line is quite small. I think a matchup to watch is our bigger offensive line vs their small guys up front. Will the quicker D-line of Winny get the better end of the deal or will Tatum's rather large offensive line blow them off of the line of scrimmage. Should be fun to see how that unfolds as well. 

That’s why they gonna stunt/twist/blitz all night. 

38 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

That is what I thought about Pottsboro when I saw them in warmups, but Winnsboro has some quick tough kids on that dline.

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Let me guess - speed will be the difference?

That and Potts only has 1 receiver that you gotta worry about. Or at least that’s what it looks like. Tatum has 3 you gotta worry about. They won’t have the athletes to keep up.