Marshall (3-3, 1-2) Vs. Whitehouse (6-0, 3-0)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Whitehouse  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Whitehouse by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Whitehouse in a Blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Big game for both.....

Whitehouse needs a win to remain in a first place tie with the winner of the Texas High Vs. Pine Tree game.

Marshall needs a win to keep pace with the winner of the Jacksonville Vs. Nacogdoches game.

Marshall is facing an undefeated team for the third time in four weeks... they are (0-2) in those games thus far, scoring just 7 points in those games.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy/Paste every week. 

It all depends which Mav offense shows up. 

The one that averages 40 points a game in our three wins......  or the one that averages 2 points a game in our three losses. 

Most frustrating. 

I’m a hard core Very long time Maverick fan but I just don’t see Marshall winning without an offense. If you look at them you have an undersized QB that’s not mobile, you have an offensive line that can’t block, and you have a center that you never know where the snap is going. That adds up to no run game without blocking, timing of you plays are thrown off due to high and low snaps, and no time to find an open receiver due to rush and the wild snap. How you gonna put points on the board? I’m sorry to say these things but facts are facts! With all this being said I still believe they can win but for some reason unknown to the Marshall fans their just not doing it!

what's wrong with the marshall quarterback? it's like three games in a row where the ball just slips out of his hands with no contact, in one game it comes loose twice in the same play.

and what happened to the marshall mindset of we are going to play our way and it's up to you to stop us instead of this super conservative play calling showing we are afraid of the other team.

How is it Texas High, which is undefeated and doing well on offense, still manages to put their best defensive player on offense a few series? While Marshall, who has had arguably the worse offensive showing in district, still refuses to give Rawls a chance on offense? (wr or qb)

Marshall needs all the help they can get on offense. Scoring 0 points against a team that Hallsville scored 17 on the week before. Also, scoring 7 against a team that Jacksonville just put up 42 on doesn't bode well. Considering those 2 teams were supposed to be the bottom of the barrel in district this year.

Sometimes just one more dominant athlete is the spark an offense needs to open things up and gain some confidence. Maybe coming from Lake Travis, he is confident  trying to score points based on his system. You really need more years to implement something like that. Especially with a struggling Qb and oline. Until the line steps up, you almost have to put a blazer at qb to move around and get away. While you're waiting on the X's & O's to produce, turn them Joe's loose!

The Defense is at the top of the district with Texas High (especially in 2nd half this year). All we need is a few big scoring plays a game and avg offense to get over the hump. Maybe we need to play away games only the rest of year. All losses have been at Maverick. 

21 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Have to stop the Whitehouse running game and get a lead. Every game so far this WH takes an early lead and can just lean on teams with their running game. Their QB is particularly not accurate and he does not run.

That’s all they can be beat what killed us was only using three down lineman the whole game. 

2 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

That’s all they can be beat what killed us was only using three down lineman the whole game. 

Well Nacdragon07 I hate to say it but our coaching staff for some reason insist on doing the same! Logic tells you when your up against a monster offensive line you go with 4 down linemen but It appears Marshall coaches always want to wait till half time to switch to four. This coaching staff this year is operating with a huge question mark over them! I know there’s talk about town on the quality of them and how the kids are buying into this program. It is a for certain the facility is improving but the team is steadily going south! This was a  predominately senior team this year and was predicted to be a force in district. Looks as though we have started a rebuilding year one year early. If we look like this now next year is gonna be very tuff.

Rawls should have been qb from day 1 of the season. He has experience from his days at Jefferson. He has shown his athletecism during his int returns and he couldnt be stopped last year at wr. There is a reason he is being recruited D1. It would be so much more difficult for defenses to contain a true dual threat qb. Can you imagine him at qb, Dom at rb and DD as the motion slot wr. These coaches just arent taking advantage of the personnel they have.

7 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

How come some teams are in the playoffs, but these two teams arent? Seems like they're being given an unfair advantage.

Lower classifications started in August and are now in the playoffs.    Upper classifications (5A and 6A) started in late September and have a few weeks to go until playoffs start.

20 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

That seems strange. Why did this happen?

It was explained to me that people in Austin who must be a lot smarter than me determined that COVID spreads at 5A and 6A schools during August and September, but does not spread at 1A-4A schools during August and September.    

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

It was explained to me that people in Austin who must be a lot smarter than me determined that COVID spreads at 5A and 6A schools during August and September, but does not spread at 1A-4A schools during August and September.    

Oh, so it was COVID related then?

1 hour ago, Gramps said:

Well Nacdragon07 I hate to say it but our coaching staff for some reason insist on doing the same! Logic tells you when your up against a monster offensive line you go with 4 down linemen but It appears Marshall coaches always want to wait till half time to switch to four. This coaching staff this year is operating with a huge question mark over them! I know there’s talk about town on the quality of them and how the kids are buying into this program. It is a for certain the facility is improving but the team is steadily going south! This was a  predominately senior team this year and was predicted to be a force in district. Looks as though we have started a rebuilding year one year early. If we look like this now next year is gonna be very tuff.