Pine Tree (3-0, 5-0-1) vs. Texas High (3-0, 6-0)

RandyJohnson

4 hours ago, RonLigma said:

Doggysirus you say something yearly that makes you look foolish. You’re trying to get on gameday as if they wouldn’t cover a ark high gm. what’s funny is you would get on here and talk bad about coach Norton over and over and now you’re mad because ark isn’t getting covered?? support a team on this forum and leave it at that. 

MYOB.  Your lack of comprehension of what I actually said versus what you thought I meant makes you the one who looks foolish IMHO.

Freeman was pressured the entire 1st half and took some hits. On the next to last play of the half, he ran the ball and was pushed out of bounds (not a late hit). He apparently ran into some sideline equipment and was injured. Did not return in the second half. Not sure if he was held out as a precaution in a game out of hand or if it was a more significant injury. Texas High lost their starting running back after running for 64 yards in first half. 

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

Not good for pine tree at all. 

If freeman is out for extended period of time and PT loses out they would finish 3-4 in district. They have Whitehouse, MP and Hallsville left. I think they would beat Hallsville without freeman, but the other two are going to be tough. PT finishing 3-4 they would still more than likely go, but it would possibly be in a 3 way tie situation. 

With 3 games left, COVID is 1-0. Sadly, that may be the decider of these playoff spots.

I just wonder about these 2-0 scores. What if points figure in? I don't understand why points are awarded when the tie breaking system includes points.

I pray ALL schools stay healthy and finish this right!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

With 3 games left, COVID is 1-0. Sadly, that may be the decider of these playoff spots.

I just wonder about these 2-0 scores. What if points figure in? I don't understand why points are awarded when the tie breaking system includes points.

I pray ALL schools stay healthy and finish this right!

But points only come into to play between the teams that are tied. So if Nac/MP/Marshall or Nac/Jax/Marshall tie the point differential in their games is all that matters. Hallsville is eliminated so their points wont matter. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Good point. But if any of those 3 play each other in the last 3 games, it could come into play. MP plays Marshall this week and NAC plays at Marshall to finish the season. So . . . 

You are right, Yes it could come into play. Lets say MP/Nac/Marshall tie then the scores for these games is all that counts MP/NAC, MP/Marshall and Nac/Marshall. However I guess to your point if one of those games is decided by covid then there would be the chance the team left out wouldn't get to play the playoff game anyway due to being shutdown. 

I also have no idea how the UIL would decide tiebreakers for if forfeited games come into to play. 

1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

Yes it will the score for lets say MP/Nac/Marshall tie then the scores for these games is all that counts MP/NAC, MP/Marshall and Nac/Marshall. However I guess to your point if one of those games is decided by covid then there would be the chance the team left out wouldn't get to play the playoff game anyway due to being shutdown. 

Exactly, that's what I should have posted originally -- only between those 3 teams. Man, the district committee should address that immediately before it becomes a potential issue. I don;t know the solution but dang. Well, there are teams literally forfeting their playoff games so there you go, same thing, I guess.

So far in district Texas High's OL & DL have totally dominated opponents.  Those (especially the OL) has been our glaring weakness for years. It is nice to see the QB not under pressure constantly.

This team turned around completely when Sellers was switched to WR . He was doing fine at QB but is a TOP FLIGHT receiver and is absolutely dominating. The Jr QB is a much better thrower.  It has made all the difference in the world. Rotating QBs was driving me crazy in the John Tyler game.  The coach absolutely made the right decision and both kids have flourished.

I'm so impressed with this coach.  Kids and staff seem to love him. This was a great hire for Texas High despite the down years (which we all saw coming anyway)

• Thanks 1