Area Round: Hughes Springs vs West Rusk @ Gladewater HS Thursday 7pm

Nick2011

Raiders vs Mustangs  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

49 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Heak man, to them waskom and ef aint about anything either.   Only Mineola and Malakoff.  

Well, I can say Mineola and Malakoff are on a totally different level than Waskom and EF. That doesn’t mean they are not good teams though, because they are. 

31 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Thats their neck of the woods. WR hasn't ever made no real noise except with their fingertips on a keyboard

We have made some noise, just not enough. The real noise will be heard within the next few years. We are doing something right because we have tons of haters now I’ve noticed. Haters come with winning. 

24 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

We have made some noise, just not enough. The real noise will be heard within the next few years. We are doing something right because we have tons of haters now I’ve noticed. Haters come with winning. 

I know that last sentence was correct. The rest is left to be seen.

2 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

I think you may have been through "West Rusk, TX (New London, Joinerville)" in your work travels and games lol. Ole Lion70 been next door all his life and just now discovered that we have a pretty good multi-town community. 

That dude is quite the character 

Just now, StangtilDeath said:

I felt a twitch in my big toe when I read the thread title,  every time that happens we win.

What's yalls reason?

I think we will slow yalls offense down and cause a couple turnovers. Maybe a interception or two. On offense we will control the clock and sustain drives. We will rush for over 300 yards and pass for another 100+. 

2 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I think we will slow yalls offense down and cause a couple turnovers. Maybe a interception or two. On offense we will control the clock and sustain drives. We will rush for over 300 yards and pass for another 100+. 

Our o is designed to be slow anyway.  Yall won't rush for 300, if yall win it'll be thru the air.

6 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Our o is designed to be slow anyway.  Yall won't rush for 300, if yall win it'll be thru the air.

From what I’ve seen y’all like trying to pass out of the wing. If we use the 2 backs that we haven’t had to use much this year, we will have 300 on the ground. 

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Agree tougher competition means better execution.

I am not convinced HS is better competition than Chisum, Chisum backs were dang good and they executed the buck better than anyone we have played using it since 2015, HS is good at it but not that good, will we stop it every time? no, can their back take it to the house like 44 from Chisum, I don't think so, but we will see. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coachlangley said:

I am not convinced HS is better competition than Chisum, Chisum backs were dang good and they executed the buck better than anyone we have played using it since 2015, HS is good at it but not that good, will we stop it every time? no, can their back take it to the house like 44 from Chisum, I don't think so, but we will see. 

Don’t forget the speed back from Chisum #3.. him and #44 were a good one two hit.