Tatum vs Grandview

Tatum_DirtyBird

Who wins?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, player73 said:

I’ve seen Grandview play around 6 times the past couple of years. He plays when it gets serious and it’s crunch time. 

Must be nice to try whenever you want. I've seen GV play 10 times this season.... I do agree with what you say. 

I think Tatum can hit a couple of big plays over the top in this one. The games i have watched i noticed 3 coming down hard in the box when there is a guy go in motion. I would be trying to take advantage of that and have a guy streaking on a post in that vacated area.

12 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Oh I agree. Saw it first hand the past 3 years. Especially this year in overtime. Made a strip on Peace and won them the game

I would have never rolled to his side, that play never had a chance. That play was DOA way before the strip. Good luck tomorrow night. Pottsboro QB going to test y’all’s secondary but I think y’all will win. 

11 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Must be nice to try whenever you want. I've seen GV play 10 times this season.... I do agree with what you say. 

EB, he reminds of our neighbors to the east Fairfield’s Tony Brackens but he went to play at Texas and the Jags in the NFL.He would completely take over a game but I don’t think he is quite on Tony’s level yet. 

Guest Tiger03lb
46 minutes ago, player73 said:

I would have never rolled to his side, that play never had a chance. That play was DOA way before the strip. Good luck tomorrow night. Pottsboro QB going to test y’all’s secondary but I think y’all will win. 

I wouldn't have called that play either. I would have ran with Peace with Langley blocking in front of him or a rollout to the right side. 

I think we can get the stops that we need to, imo. I'm pretty sure you'll see Jones or Smith in the secondary, maybe even Hart #5 at cb. #13 has been doing pretty good as well. We didn't make any changes until after the TC game in the secondary. Should be a good game and thanks. 

36 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Game Day!!  Can't wait for this one.  Good luck, safe travels and praying for an injury free game.  I think this will either be a close shootout to the end or GV stops the run and wins by 21+.  Will be entertaining either way.  Go Zebras!!

So you think you stop us from running,you win by 21.

So i guess we just can't stop yall.

1 hour ago, mightyeagle said:

So you think you stop us from running,you win by 21.

So i guess we just can't stop yall.

Maybe but from what I have seen on film there are lots of holes to exploit...it has been there all season just haven't come up against a QB that can find the openings and drop dimes the way #3 can.  Now maybe we only put up 35 but if we stop the run that'll be more then enough.   If we don't then we have a ballgame.  GV is the best offense y'all we see up to this point in the season.  

8 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Maybe but from what I have seen on film there are lots of holes to exploit...it has been there all season just haven't come up against a QB that can find the openings and drop dimes the way #3 can.  Now maybe we only put up 35 but if we stop the run that'll be more then enough.   If we don't then we have a ballgame.  GV is the best offense y'all we see up to this point in the season.  

Tatum ain’t ready for what’s about to got them tonight. 

40 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

We will see,you might be supprised.

Zebras can be beat on any given night.

We will see and that's why we show up and play the game.  If I am wrong I'll be here congratulating y'all on the dub. But just as you say the Zebras can, the Eagles can as well.

1 hour ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Better offense than Center.......hmmmmm. 

Per the Longview News Journal

Time: 7 p.m., Friday

Stadium: Bruce Field, Athens

Records: Tatum: 8-1; Grandview: 10-0

Coaches

Tatum: Jason Holman (2nd season, 11-8)

Grandview: Ryan Ebner

Last week: Grandview advanced via Teague forfeit; Tatum 37, Winnsboro 28

Up next: Winner of Malakoff-Pottsboro in 3A, DI, RII semifinal

WHEN TATUM HAS THE BALL

Tatum: QB Kendric Malone (97-163-6, 1,626 yards, 16 TDs; 74 carries, 336 yards, 8 TDs) ... RB Tylin Hollins (90 carries, 811 yards, 9 TDs) ... RB Decartiyay Allison (49 carries, 516 yards, 6 TDs; 19 catches, 342 yards, 2 TDs) ... RB Daymien Smith (48 carries, 456 yards, 10 TDs) ... WR Kendall Williams (33 catches, 621 yards, 5 TDs) ... WR Quiston Sheffield (15 catches, 304 yards, 6 TDs)

Grandview: DL Cade Fedor ... DL Jacob Bayer ... LB Matt Lehnhardt ... DL Demetrious Crownover ... CB Luke Ferguson ... S Kason English ... S Dane Jentsch

WHEN GRANDVIEW HAS THE BALL

Tatum: Trey Fite (60 tackles, 13 TFL, 6 sacks) ... Dalone Fuller (53 tackles, 2 TFL, 3 INTs, 7 PBU) ... Latrell Perry (48 tackles, 4 TFL) ... CJ Fite (39 tackles, 6 TFL, 5 sacks) ... Malachi Ward (5 TFL, 2 FF) ... Ty Bridges (3 INTs) ... Dexter Monroe (2 INTs, 6 PBU)

Grandview: QB Dane Jentsch (145-215-1, 1,980 yards, 31 TDs; 67 carries, 517 yards, 3 TDs) ... RB Gavin Leftwich (141 carries, 1,259 yards, 15 TDs) ... WR Kason English (40 catches, 649 yards, 9 TDs) ... WR Luke Ferguson (32 catches, 491 yards, 11 TDs)

QUICK HITS

Tatum will have its hands full as 3A, DI No. 2 Grandview officially kicks off its quest at a three-peat after a two-week hiatus. The Zebras, who have won 36 of their last 37 games including back-to-back state titles, had its first-round playoff game against Teague canceled due to COVID-19.

But the Eagles have brought an all-hands-on-deck approach to the season on both sides of the ball and they’ll need it against Grandview, who is led by four-year starter Jentsch, who makes his presence known on both sides of the ball.

Grandview is averaging nearly 50 points per game and allowing 13 per game. The Zebras have squared off with some heavy hitters this season, including a 31-24 overtime win over Malakoff in the season opener and a 31-28 win over No. 9 Glen Rose to wrap up a district title.

Tatum, meanwhile, is averaging 43.4 points per game and allowing 24.7. The Eagles have scored over 50 points four times this season.

There can’t be any wasted possessions for the Eagles, who will need a big night from its defense to contain Jentsch and have any open the put the brakes on a dominant run from the Zebras.

Offensively, the Eagles need to find a groove on offense and stay in it the entire night.

DID YOU KNOW?

Jentsch is the only player in the history of Texas high school football to win championship game offensive and defensive MVP honors twice, according to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football ... Tatum is in the second round for the first time since 2014, which is the last time the Eagles advanced to the third round ... Tatum is the visiting team