Tyler High vs Highland Park

cujoforlife

Sounds like its gonna take a lot to fix the issues at TH.

If you're Legacy...you're a coach away. A hard nosed defensive minded coach like Owens that'll cement a winning culture....not these spread boys from the burbs. You notice Lee started really getting soft when they started messing with the spread. Need to get back under center. Joe Willis only in his first year so no need to jump ship yet but I'm a little shocked he isnt doing better this season with the talent Legacy has this year. We'll see what he does the remainder of the way and next year.

Their enrollment and demographic should be enough to get them 7-8 wins a year minimum. Especially since the zoning in Tyler also benefits them.

• Like 2

Yea ford didn’t lose the job cuss of play not to Sanchez and I feel like pinkard going through same thing I’ve known him for a while was friends with his mom and he was not a trouble maker from what I’ve known being around him so i don’t see why he isn’t playing but since I haven’t talked to him or his people in while who knows but any coach can see sanchez isn’t a qb and you going to lose the important games with him 

31 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Yea ford didn’t lose the job cuss of play not to Sanchez and I feel like pinkard going through same thing I’ve known him for a while was friends with his mom and he was not a trouble maker from what I’ve known being around him so i don’t see why he isn’t playing but since I haven’t talked to him or his people in while who knows but any coach can see sanchez isn’t a qb and you going to lose the important games with him 

Yea you would think he would learn from last year after starting 3-0 in district on the way to another district chip and you take your starting QB in your biggest game of district has to be the lowest point of program ever. 

5 starters on Tyler high’s team played in that 2018 game against highland park, this game would be personal for me if I were them. It should be for Holmes to. No matter a blowout loss or win those players should give it there all 100% just from a personal stand point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Pinkard has been playing, but they have been using him at RB.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

It was like he was trying to publicly humiliate him, it’s kinda childish. But when you do people wrong it is always comes back, and now karma is taking a toll on his coaching. 

Bingo.  And now look at the effect it had on this season.  

17 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Not good

i was at the Pine Tree scrimmage. There were about 25-30 freshman, about 40 JV and 45-50 varsity.

If there is only about 35 players on the Fresh/JV combined squad, that means over 30 kids have left the program since the start of the yr.  Crazy.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I sure hope the Varsity score doesn't end up like JV.    Its 59-0 with 6 min left in 4th.   

By the way, the combined JV/Freshman team has somewhere between 30-35 players. 

Goodness. That is not good at all.

This is the worst I have seen Tyler, Texas football. Are we cursed or something. What did we do to deserve this? These programs are pathetic. Is it the talent or lack their of? Is it the coaches ability or lack their of? Is it a mixture of both? I just can't call it.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

i was at the Pine Tree scrimmage. There were about 25-30 freshman, about 40 JV and 45-50 varsity.

If there is only about 35 players on the Fresh/JV combined squad, that means over 30 kids have left the program since the start of the yr.  Crazy.

If that doesn't tell you something. I don't know what will. That tells me it's time for a change. You can't relate with these kids. He pulling a Ratliff. 

57 minutes ago, VonG said:

If that doesn't tell you something. I don't know what will. That tells me it's time for a change. You can't relate with these kids. He pulling a Ratliff. 

Crazy man.  It doesn't help subvarsity when the top 10 freshman are on JV or Varsity and like top 15 soph are on Varsity. 

BUT...Cujo shouldn't be in a position where they have to bring that many underclassmen up.  Honestly if nothing changes, i be shocked if there is a JV next Yr. Heck, it may not be a Freshman team either...lol

38 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Crazy man.  It doesn't help subvarsity when the top 10 freshman are on JV or Varsity and like top 15 soph are on Varsity. 

BUT...Cujo shouldn't be in a position where they have to bring that many underclassmen up.  Honestly if nothing changes, i be shocked if there is a JV next Yr. Heck, it may not be a Freshman team either...lol

Poor coaching no player development. Instead of being up on varsity he just needs to DEVELOP the upperclassmen.