Garrison vs Holland

grinder

Area Round  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Garrison Bulldogs
    • Holland Hornets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 01:00 AM

3 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Was San Augustine in that district as well?  I know them and Garrison played, just couldn’t remember if it was a district game or not

Yes and Alto and Hemphill If I remember correctly. Not sure of who else. Preseason Alto was picked to win the district. Was one of the only times Alto hasn’t made the playoffs since the 80’s and both state champs came out of the district 

21 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Was San Augustine in that district as well?  I know them and Garrison played, just couldn’t remember if it was a district game or not

Speaking of San Augustine, what the heck happened to them this year?  Trying to keep up with them from Central Texas, I kind of had the impression they were a perennial contender in East Texas, one of the teams that almost never has a down year.  Their record and scores makes it look like they imploded.

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Speaking of San Augustine, what the heck happened to them this year?  Trying to keep up with them from Central Texas, I kind of had the impression they were a perennial contender in East Texas, one of the teams that almost never has a down year.  Their record and scores makes it look like they imploded.

They lost a ton of guys from last year. 

10 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Graduated somewhere near 20+/-3 seniors, most of which contributed, and I think (some SA people can correct me if I’m wrong) their whole offensive line.  Just a rebuilding year or two in store for them before they swing back around.  Same situation Garrison was in last year and this year, but the Bulldogs will be coming out of the rebuild next year.

their coaching staff will get it turned around

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

We lost a ton, but Covid hit us hard after the Joaquin game.  Had 4 coaches and a ton of kids out multiple weeks.  Star running back hurt his shoulder in the Timpson game.  Just a lot of things happened.  We will be back next year. 

2 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Graduated somewhere near 20+/-3 seniors, most of which contributed, and I think (some SA people can correct me if I’m wrong) their whole offensive line.  Just a rebuilding year or two in store for them before they swing back around.  Same situation Garrison was in last year and this year, but the Bulldogs will be coming out of the rebuild next year.

their coaching staff will get it turned around

Our best offensive lineman broke his back in the semi final game last year and wasn’t allowed to play this year.  

10 hours ago, TheWolf said:

We lost a ton, but Covid hit us hard after the Joaquin game.  Had 4 coaches and a ton of kids out multiple weeks.  Star running back hurt his shoulder in the Timpson game.  Just a lot of things happened.  We will be back next year. 

Didn’t know about the COVID stuff, but knew about Barnes.  SA rarely has two years like this in a row, so I’d expect nothing less than for y’all to compete next year. 

10 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Didn’t know about the COVID stuff, but knew about Barnes.  SA rarely has two years like this in a row, so I’d expect nothing less than for y’all to compete next year. 

The kid is a athlete.  Ready to see what he does at UTSA. 

Will this game be steamed on any website?  Last week we were told no steaming allowed now... but I thought I saw where the Timpson-Leon game was supposedly streamed... 

Anyway, not heard of any local radio station putting the game on unless it is new info.

I found it on Mixlr last week... guess we are stuck with that if we were not able to get a ticket.

2 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Will this game be steamed on any website?  Last week we were told no steaming allowed now... but I thought I saw where the Timpson-Leon game was supposedly streamed... 

Anyway, not heard of any local radio station putting the game on unless it is new info.

I found it on Mixlr last week... guess we are stuck with that if we were not able to get a ticket.

I'm not seeing it listed anywhere.  Timpson v Leon was on texanlive.com   They have a decent broadcast and it's only $10.95 for a one month subscription, so a lot of games from all over the state.

22 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I'm not seeing it listed anywhere.  Timpson v Leon was on texanlive.com   They have a decent broadcast and it's only $10.95 for a one month subscription, so a lot of games from all over the state.

It isn’t on NFHS. Watched Hearne/Beckville game on there last night along with 2-3 others. Worth the $11 dollars for the month last night. Really was hoping this game was on it tonight. 

I watched the Timpson/Leon and part of the Argyle/Stephenville games last night on Texan Live .... it's well worth the price for a couple of months .... the announcer was pretty bad though and you can't see the clock or scoreboard .... the announcer kept saying they were playing in PalesTINE instead of PalesTEEN .... lol

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

Roger Holmes mentioned he will most likely have it on Facebook Live. He said that in the chat on FoxSports Southwest Football Friday score app.

I suppose I will at least get it through that sight yall have mentions and the radio broadcast through Mixlr... app.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I watched the Timpson/Leon and part of the Argyle/Stephenville games last night on Texan Live .... it's well worth the price for a couple of months .... the announcer was pretty bad though and you can't see the clock or scoreboard .... the announcer kept saying they were playing in PalesTINE instead of PalesTEEN .... lol

PalesTINE is not a bad place to play, if you don’t mind the 13 hour flight and the threat of being blown away by the Israelis. Tru storie 

• LOL! 2