Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Gilmer vs Godley


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Gilmer vs Sunnyvale 

next Friday in Athens

Athens? what happened to us playing in large stadiums in the playoffs so fans could actually go...

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Athens? what happened to us playing in large stadiums in the playoffs so fans could actually go...

I was expecting Lindale again for next week.  TexasBob does show Athens to be about the same capacity as Jeff Traylor Stadium, so we should be good on being able to spread out, since this is Sunnyvale and not PG that we will be playing next.  Now the following week, if we make it, we will definitely need a LARGER stadium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Crawford said:

Gilmer 42

Godley 20

final

Hats off to Godley.  This game was closer than the score indicated.  Gilmer did not execute as well as they wanted but you have to give some credit to a well coached & disciplined Godley team.  And the Godley QB looked like Tom Brady last night!  They were about 3 plays from being in this one with a chance to win late.  But Gilmer survived and advanced.  That’s all that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Hats off to Godley.  This game was closer than the score indicated.  Gilmer did not execute as well as they wanted but you have to give some credit to a well coached & disciplined Godley team.  And the Godley QB looked like Tom Brady last night!  They were about 3 plays from being in this one with a chance to win late.  But Gilmer survived and advanced.  That’s all that matters.

Gilmer played a lackluster game, with just enough to win.  Godley was as efficient with their passing game as PG is with their run game.  Great game from Godley.  They were scrappy and focused.  Their QB is the best passer we have seen yet.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Gilmer played a lackluster game, with just enough to win.  Godley was as efficient with their passing game as PG is with their run game.  Great game from Godley.  They were scrappy and focused.  Their QB is the best passer we have seen yet.

 

Why no pressure from the DC on Godley QB?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Why no pressure from the DC on Godley QB?

He was throwing every pass almost as fast as he got the snap. They were well coached and very prepared.  In the end we were to much for them, but they played a good clean game. Maybe a program on the rise. We shall see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...