Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt


Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt   

91 members have voted

  1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt

    • Brahmas
      38
    • Jackets
      53

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

PP Def has gotten better with a healthy Oline but the difference in how they played us was putting #1 at QB why he didn’t play there the whole season is beyond me their offense is way more lethal with him at QB it was almost enough to win last night they played great.  Just glad my Jackets didn’t give up played to the last second. 

Congrats!go get yall one! I'll be tuned in.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Free @NATUREBOY98 

It was a good game with quite of few close calls that could have went either direction.  BunzT you are right....if Pewitt would have gotten the 4th n 1 we would be talking about the dropped TD pass by

What a game. WOW. Hate it for the Brahmas... What a season with a new staff, Covid, and big wins. EF vs Waskom... ROUND 2... DING DING

Posted Images

The questionable things that happened on EF’s sideline on the last drive was the Ref kept calling the EF receiver out of bounds. The time it looked like EF got a 4th timeout was because the white hat started the clock and EF’s coach asked the line judge I thought you said he was out of bounds? So the line judge blew the whistle and talked to the white hat. That’s why the clock was stopped and didn’t start until the snap. The ref called EF player out of bounds on 2 plays that were very close. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

The questionable things that happened on EF’s sideline on the last drive was the Ref kept calling the EF receiver out of bounds. The time it looked like EF got a 4th timeout was because the white hat started the clock and EF’s coach asked the line judge I thought you said he was out of bounds? So the line judge blew the whistle and talked to the white hat. That’s why the clock was stopped and didn’t start until the snap. The ref called EF player out of bounds on 2 plays that were very close. 

Those 2 plays happened right in front of me and the receivers were definitely down in bounds. That’s why as a coach you work the line judge all night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2020 at 10:27 PM, Brahmaball said:

We should have never let them come back but still officials were horrible had a touchdown called a fumble and refs kept stopping clock for ef but it whatever cant change what happened 

 

20201130_113037.jpg

20201130_113140.jpg

20201130_113011.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lowdog said:

Pewitt 35- DeKalb 6.    2-4 In District.  Didn’t even make the playoffs.  STHU

What's STHU? South Texas Hills University? I've never heard of it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Well this should clarify your argument of a TD.

Good picture. There was a lot of calls that was hard to make at full speed.  How bout a picture of EF receiver on his knees inbounds on last drive?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lowdog said:

Good picture. There was a lot of calls that was hard to make at full speed.  How bout a picture of EF receiver on his knees inbounds on last drive?  

We all agreed he was in bounds and clock should have kept rolling, I also believe the QB arm was not coming forward on that hit that should've ended the game, I'm not gonna lie about EF on anything, I'm not that big of a homer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lowdog said:

Good picture. There was a lot of calls that was hard to make at full speed.  How bout a picture of EF receiver on his knees inbounds on last drive?  

They stopped clock for first down not cause he got out of bounds and Ford was talking to white hat and he didn’t start clock when was suppose to.  It was some of his best coaching lol whether he meant to do it or not it was great strategy to get us lined up and a play called . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TDJ89 said:

We all agreed he was in bounds and clock should have kept rolling on a couple of them, but not on all of them, I also believe the QB arm was not coming forward on that hit that should've ended the game, I'm not gonna lie about EF on anything, I'm not that big of a homer. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

They stopped clock for first down not cause he got out of bounds and Ford was talking to white hat and he didn’t start clock when was suppose to.  It was some of his best coaching lol whether he meant to do it or not it was great strategy to get us lined up and a play called . 

I think that's the one people are most confused about, because it was a first down and that's why the clock was stopped

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lowdog said:

Good picture. There was a lot of calls that was hard to make at full speed.  How bout a picture of EF receiver on his knees inbounds on last drive?  

Also when pp had the ball the clock did not start for about 10 seconds the refs has to guess about how much time to take off the clock so it works both ways Go Jackets 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom Line.....................PP could not convert 1 yard to end game ,could not hold a 2/3 score lead and could not cover # 5 & 3.  Going forward DF and PP are going to have to develop a new style of play to compete with EF and Waskom the next few years . One is going to need better coaching. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a good game with quite of few close calls that could have went either direction.  BunzT you are right....if Pewitt would have gotten the 4th n 1 we would be talking about the dropped TD pass by EF and the missed extra points...the EF penalties  that kept Pewitt drives alive😂.  The ball just didn’t bounce the Bulls way.  I wouldn’t be a ref for anything.   Great season Pewitt.  Great comeback and Good luck EF.   

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 7:01 AM, TDJ89 said:

 

20201130_113037.jpg

20201130_113140.jpg

20201130_113011.jpg

Alright you got me there cant argue when proof is right there. I was a salty fan at the time I cried and got over it lol good luck to ef have a good squad. I still think winner of this game is going to jerry world.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BunzT said:

Bottom Line.....................PP could not convert 1 yard to end game ,could not hold a 2/3 score lead and could not cover # 5 & 3.  Going forward DF and PP are going to have to develop a new style of play to compete with EF and Waskom the next few years . One is going to need better coaching. 

I agree I think df coaching kinda hold them back with all the talent they have they should be at the minimum a 3rd or 4th round team every year. And with pewitt I love the slot t but I still think we need a little more variety to keep teams guessing cause you load the box and chop down the oline you won't get far example ef 2nd half.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brahmaball said:

I agree I think df coaching kinda hold them back with all the talent they have they should be at the minimum a 3rd or 4th round team every year. And with pewitt I love the slot t but I still think we need a little more variety to keep teams guessing cause you load the box and chop down the oline you won't get far example ef 2nd half.

I told my friends in the stands, if EF stops PP on this 4th and 1, EF will go down and score, I told them this reminds me of the 2005 Texas vs USC game on that 4th and 1, just like USC had Reggie Bush on the sidelines on that 4th and 1 was a head scratcher, IMO I think PP should have had #1 under center on that 4th and 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BunzT said:

Bottom Line.....................PP could not convert 1 yard to end game ,could not hold a 2/3 score lead and could not cover # 5 & 3.  Going forward DF and PP are going to have to develop a new style of play to compete with EF and Waskom the next few years . One is going to need better coaching. 

Might get a new one altogether you never know what the future holds. I wouldn’t take it for granted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Brahmaball said:

I agree I think df coaching kinda hold them back with all the talent they have they should be at the minimum a 3rd or 4th round team every year. And with pewitt I love the slot t but I still think we need a little more variety to keep teams guessing cause you load the box and chop down the oline you won't get far example ef 2nd half.

You must have missed the 2 years that Pewitt was in the spread and couldn’t get out of the first round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I told my friends in the stands, if EF stops PP on this 4th and 1, EF will go down and score, I told them this reminds me of the 2005 Texas vs USC game on that 4th and 1, just like USC had Reggie Bush on the sidelines on that 4th and 1 was a head scratcher, IMO I think PP should have had #1 under center on that 4th and 1.

Felt that watching the game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...