Rematch from week 1 Malakoff vs Grandview round 3

Guest Tiger03lb

#4 Malakoff vs #2 Grandview  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think after last nights game and how we won, has a take on that. Normally when teams that face each other twice, they don't always win both games. Now with that said, yes GV has done that too us in one season but we also didn't help ourselves. Not trying to take anything from GV at all. I got a lot of respect for them and have congratulated them each time they have won but I really feel and think this team can beat them. You can probably ask the GV faithful too, they don't want this game yet, cause they know each time we have gotten closer to winning. Coach D hasn't forgotten either and he will be using that as motivation for them this week. Is it Friday yet? I'm ready. Lol.

Some GV fans might not want this game yet but go watch the postgame interview when #72 and #13 find out it's Malakoff next week...

Guest Tiger03lb
38 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Some GV fans might not want this game yet but go watch the postgame interview when #72 and #13 find out it's Malakoff next week...

May want to tell him to give them a mic next time. lol. Couldn't hear a word they said between the people in the background and the camera man breathing. 😆

37 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

May want to tell him to give them a mic next time. lol. Couldn't hear a word they said between the people in the background and the camera man breathing. 😆

Dude don't even get me started....lol. I mean come on everything else they do is really good but postgame stuff is just not good.  A mic would do wonders.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Dude don't even get me started....lol. I mean come on everything else they do is really good but postgame stuff is just not good.  A mic would do wonders.

I like how they do interviews afterwards.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

This game is at 1 pm and then Buffalo vs Rogers at 7:30... Should have switched the games and had a double header of rematches

Both are good games. Good luck this week. You guys are a force this year! 

8 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I like how they do interviews afterwards.

Yeah I do as well...When Coach Davis came in 4 years ago coming from a bigger school made a world of difference.  Getting the ZebraSportsNetwork up and going has been nothing short of awesomeness.  The guys running it have done a fantastic job with it.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Yeah I do as well...When Coach Davis came in 4 years ago coming from a bigger school made a world of difference.  Getting the ZebraSportsNetwork up and going has been nothing short of awesomeness.  The guys running it have done a fantastic job with it.

Ours is doing good. I think it's their second year with the sports network. 

On 11/21/2020 at 12:42 AM, Tiger03lb said:

This is a rematch from the first game of the year. I would say this is the game of the week for 3ad1 as well. 

GV comes in with a nice win vs Tatum and handles business. Koff comes in with a dominant win over Potts. This game will be a great match up. 

The game is at Waco isd on Friday the 28th at 1 pm. 

State championship game played three weeks early lol

Guest Tiger03lb
14 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Yes they are..I hope the do a joint thing again..always fun to listen to what they have to say

Whatcha talking about Willis? Lol

18 minutes ago, player73 said:

Possibly but the winner is going to have to beat Brock as well to make it to Jerry World. If folks don’t think that Brock is in the equation well ......

They could be but Region 1 doesn't seem to have a lot of teeth to it.....best of the potential least isn't saying a lot...Time will tell

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

It's Monday....Let's talk about some keys to the game....Let's start with the GV defense against the Malakoff offense..what does everyone see as strengths or weaknesses of both?

GV's #72 is the anchor for you guys. #1 does add another dimension to the d line. GV d line is probably one of the best in the state for 3a. The middle and left sides are strong. The backers are decent and have speed. I would say the backers are GV weakness, imo. The secondary is good with #3 in there, if he's out, then it's a weak spot in the middle run/or pass. GV does have problems with really good mobile qbs and with them extending plays. GV will need to shut down #17 and #12 when we pass. #17's ability to make yac is phenomenal, as he is hard to take down but they need to watch #5 and #21 as they can be a big threat. Both teams really shut down the running game except for the qb's running the ball. We really didn't run #10 a lot against GV. I think that we will run him more than #2. I'd watch for a te pass to #15 that play has gotten us a few tds. That'll be another threat not seen from week 1. Koff has the players to use anywhere on the field on offense, just a lot of weapons. Key match up will be los. I think it'll go both ways not one dimensional.