Rematch Lindale vs Chapel Hill

Jakeelee05

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as, they might see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as they see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

I think lobo stadium might be the place if it up to Kilgore  but I’d like to see that one at rose too 

25 minutes ago, VonG said:

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as they see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

My guess is they would “flip” for those 2 stadiums, if available. Either way, not a bad place to play. 

15 hours ago, VonG said:

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as, they might see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

As someone else said, definitely would be a flip involved.

But I'd add another Longview stadium into the mix, PT.

Reason being is I'm not sure how available Rose and Lobo will be next week. Tyler and Legacy both have home games next week...and Lobo hosts playoff games like crazy so no telling. I already heard PG-Gilmer is eye balling Lobo next week. Not to mention West Rusk-Waskom vs Pewitt-Elysian Fields could be at Lobo next week too.

PT has a home game next Friday but Saturday looks open.

19 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I always wondered teams like Whitehouse and Nac would have totally different programs in 4a. I realize they’re no where near that but Jacksonville wouldn’t be 1-9 but I don’t think they would automatic either. Henderson only one I seen with immediate success. Chapel Hill and Carthage took some time. Kilgore was good as well but they were competitive before.

We dropped to 4A in 2002. It took us 4 years to make the playoffs. We didn’t have much success against the likes of Palestine Jax Henderson Whitehouse etc during that run. 

23 hours ago, VonG said:

The visitor's side always had more seats than the home side. Remember the home side has 2 reserve sections and the visitor side has 1.

Did not think about that. I just knew they removed some home seats for the press box. Legacy and Tyler High’s bands have been sitting in the scoreboard endzone area this season. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:47 PM, VonG said:

I was looking at his stats from his sophomore year until now. I can't think of another running back from East Texas besides Shead from Cayuga that can match his productivity. Especially when it comes to scoring touchdowns. We are witnessing greatness right before our eyes. 

Jenkins is a great player and should be celebrated.  However, I don’t agree with you.  Just because he’s the “greatest” Lindale has ever had, doesn’t mean he’s the most productive back in East Texas history.   Just in recent years (the last 20) I can think of these guys below, plus there are probably several more. 

Adrian Peterson

Bryce Beall

Cam Haller

Cody Glen

Jackie Robinson

Jamario Thomas

Javorskie Lane

Jermie Calhoun

Justin Johnson

Keith Gilliam

Kendall Hunter

Keontay Ingram

Ladarius Anthony

LaMichael James

Lennon Creer

Matthew Tucker

Tevin Pipkin

Tra Carson

Traylon Shead

Tyrone Ross

Vondrell McGee

Every one of these guys on this list was an example of greatness.  Be glad you get to watch Jenkins make Lindale history, but be careful putting him up on a pedestal that ignores the greatness we’ve witnessed all over East Texas.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

Jenkins is a great player and should be celebrated.  However, I don’t agree with you.  Just because he’s the “greatest” Lindale has ever had, doesn’t mean he’s the most productive back in East Texas history.   Just in recent years (the last 20) I can think of these guys below, plus there are probably several more. 

Adrian Peterson

Bryce Beall

Cam Haller

Cody Glen

Jackie Robinson

Jamario Thomas

Javorskie Lane

Jermie Calhoun

Justin Johnson

Keith Gilliam

Kendall Hunter

Keontay Ingram

Ladarius Anthony

LaMichael James

Lennon Creer

Matthew Tucker

Tevin Pipkin

Tra Carson

Traylon Shead

Tyrone Ross

Vondrell McGee

Every one of these guys on this list was an example of greatness.  Be glad you get to watch Jenkins make Lindale history, but be careful putting him up on a pedestal that ignores the greatness we’ve witnessed all over East Texas.

You misread what I was saying. I never said he was the best back in East TX history. I said I couldn't think of one that has that type of production. Doesn't mean there isn't one. It's some guys who can match him in yards. Not many can match him in touchdowns.  I'm looking at everything. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Seen chatter about how CH has improved since the first meeting. I agree. Has Lindale not improved? Stayed same? 

Yes Lindale has improved. Our offense has been stout all year but defense has definitely gotten better. Don’t get me wrong our defense isn’t just amazing but have definitely gotten better

57 minutes ago, bandman5554 said:

Not sure how good Needville was?  But they put up some TD's  
This is simple:  #22 must be contained.  If not, no one stands a chance.

They had a real nice running back. He had over 170 yards in the 1st half. 

1 hour ago, bandman5554 said:

Not sure how good Needville was?  But they put up some TD's  
This is simple:  #22 must be contained.  If not, no one stands a chance.

Needville was legit on offense. Their RB was one of the best and most complete RB Lindale has seen this year. 5 from Needville and 21 from Kilgore are both VERY good high school RBs. 

Went back and did some research. Cody Glenn, Jamario Thomas, Kevin Johnson, and Jordan Jenkins have been very productive running the ball and scoring touchdowns. I'll throw Keontay Ingram in their also. They all have at least 5000 yards and at least 75 career touchdowns. No one is touching Traylon Shead. Cody Glen is 4th with 93 touchdowns. If Lindale keeps winning, I think Jordan can pass his touchdowns and be 4th behind Shead, Rodney Thomas, and David Overstreet. He has 87 career touchdowns now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VonG said:

You misread what I was saying. I never said he was the best back in East TX history. I said I couldn't think of one that has that type of production. Doesn't mean there isn't one. It's some guys who can match him in yards. Not many can match him in touchdowns.  I'm looking at everything. 

I didn’t misread. I read exactly what you wrote.  You put Shead and Jenkins in a class by themselves based on production.  I’m certainly looking at everything. Rush Yds, TD’s, Receiving Yds, Impact on team success, etc.  Jenkins has around 5000 career yds and 83 TDs. Go look up those others I listed.  Jenkins and Shead aren’t the only ones that have ever been productive.  Go back further than I did and you will have three times the guys I listed.

Go look up Overstreet from Big Sandy back in 1975. 

Lindale has every right to be excited about finally having a big time baller, but just because it’s new to Lindale doesn’t mean it’s never been done before around East Texas.