Jump to content

Rematch Lindale vs Chapel Hill


Jakeelee05
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Polar_Bear said:

He may well be, but I am hesitant to place the GOAT tag on any player very easily.  There are so many circumstances to take into consideration.

Lindale dropped a division.  They have as mentioned a great offensive line, which makes a huge difference.  Certainly they have made it to third round but faced a fourth place and runner up and face another fourth place team this round.

In 1981, Lindale was 9-0 but unfortunately shared a district with eventual state champ runner up Gilmer and only 1 team went to playoffs.  So all the teams Gilmer beat to get to the final were district champs.

And there are great seasons in the past by Eagle players on lessor teams not captured in stats section.

And KC Chiefs QB's daddy was a stud QB too.  I remember watching him vs Daingerfield.  But the overall team was not as good.

All of this to say he may indeed be Lindale's GOAT, and definitely Jenkins is in the conversation if not (including other Jenkinses from the past).  Not to mention players from other positions who excelled as well.  So it is hard for me to tag a number 1.

Kind of like the LeBron / Jordan debate.  We all have our thoughts. 

But cant say he is not either.

That's all fine and dandy. No one from Lindale has done what he has accomplished. He is to Lindale what Pat Mahomes was to Whitehouse. What Traylon Shead was to Cayuga. You might not appreciate his greatness until he is gone. Look at Whitehouse when Pat graduated. They hit rock Bottom. 

I was looking at his stats from his sophomore year until now. I can't think of another running back from East Texas besides Shead from Cayuga that can match his productivity. Especially when it comes to scoring touchdowns. We are witnessing greatness right before our eyes.

I know Lindale has had some good players before. But they haven't had any on this level when it comes to football. 

I hope this magical season that Lindale is having jump starts their program into the same realm as Carthage, Gilmer, and Pleasant Grove. Dropping down to 4a division 1 is the best thing to happen to Lindale. Imo Lindale had no business being in district with JT and Lufkin. 

Good luck Lindale and I hope ya'll go all the way. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, VonG said:

That's all fine and dandy. No one from Lindale has done what he has accomplished. He is to Lindale what Pat Mahomes was to Whitehouse. What Traylon Shead was to Cayuga. You might not appreciate his greatness until he is gone. Look at Whitehouse when Pat graduated. They hit rock Bottom. 

I was looking at his stats from his sophomore year until now. I can't think of another running back from East Texas besides Shead from Cayuga that can match his productivity. Especially when it comes to scoring touchdowns. We are witnessing greatness right before our eyes.

I know Lindale has had some good players before. But they haven't had any on this level when it comes to football. 

I hope this magical season that Lindale is having jump starts their program into the same realm as Carthage, Gilmer, and Pleasant Grove. Dropping down to 4a division 1 is the best thing to happen to Lindale. Imo Lindale had no business being in district with JT and Lufkin. 

Good luck Lindale and I hope ya'll go all the way. 

I agree but even when they did play JT, Lufkin, and Ennis they still competed at a high level. And I 100% agree about Jenkins. He is special. I will for sure be watching him at the next level. Hope Lindale goes all the way also 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

I agree but even when they did play JT, Lufkin, and Ennis they still competed at a high level. And I 100% agree about Jenkins. He is special. I will for sure be watching him at the next level. Hope Lindale goes all the way also 

They played JT and Lufkin close one year in 2015. I don't think they could have been competitive year in and year out because of the talent level discrepancy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VonG said:

They played JT and Lufkin close one year in 2015. I don't think they could have been competitive year in and year out because of the talent level discrepancy. 

True. We made the playoffs most of those years but didn’t go far and definitely didn’t win district 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta go with Lindale. They impressed me when they played Vidor. Lindale's got a potent offense with mean a$$ running back who runs down hill. The Eagles defense is really the thing I would be worried about since Chapel Hill has been rolling on offense as of late. But either way, I got Lindale by 10. 

Good luck Eagles, this Vidor fan is rooting for y'all all the way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, piratevillain55 said:

Gotta go with Lindale. They impressed me when they played Vidor. Lindale's got a potent offense with mean a$$ running back who runs down hill. The Eagles defense is really the thing I would be worried about since Chapel Hill has been rolling on offense as of late. But either way, I got Lindale by 10. 

Good luck Eagles, this Vidor fan is rooting for y'all all the way!

Lindale has at least two Vidor fans.  Not only a good team, but appear to be relatively classy & well disciplined.   I agree this shouldn’t be a repeat blowout, but I like Lindale by two TD’s.   

Go Eagles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leaning Lindale but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Cam Ford can do for Chapel Hill.

Have to love intraETX playoff games, especially when its intra-county.

I can't even go to Longview's game Friday much less this one but I sure will be streaming. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Leaning Lindale but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Cam Ford can do for Chapel Hill.

Have to love intraETX playoff games, especially when its intra-county.

I can't even go to Longview's game Friday much less this one but I sure will be streaming. 

With them being so close to each other. It sure makes the matchup more interesting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Show of hands from anyone in 5A that’s shocked to see Lindale’s success in 4A. 

*no one*  

In spite of being one of the smallest 5A schools in the state they always commanded respect from Ennis, John Tyler, Lufkin, Marshall, Whitehouse....whomever. 

They were never an easy out.

As a former rival of theirs......Im thrilled to see them so well.  

Planning on making it to the game this Friday. 

Congrats Lindale.  This Maverick is pulling for you. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Show of hands from anyone in 5A that’s shocked to see Lindale’s success in 4A. 

*no one*  

In spite of being one of the smallest 5A schools in the state they always commanded respect from Ennis, John Tyler, Lufkin, Marshall, Whitehouse....whomever. 

They were never an easy out.

As a former rival of theirs......Im thrilled to see them so well.  

Planning on making it to the game this Friday. 

Congrats Lindale.  This Maverick is pulling for you. 

Not at all. People may forget Lindale actually won a 5A district championship in 2009 when they were up the first time. They are currently the largest 4A team in the state from what I remember about the cutoff last Feb. I think they were under by 5 (?) something like that.
 

Here in Jacksonville, we are certainly hoping to drop to 4A as we have been at the low end of 5A for several years. Not a cure as many 4A D1 programs are tough— like Lindale. But Lindale shows what happens when you drop. Palestine dropped to 4A in 2004 AP (after Peterson). They went to the semifinals in 2004. Just saying.... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not at all. People may forget Lindale actually won a 5A district championship in 2009 when they were up the first time. They are currently the largest 4A team in the state from what I remember about the cutoff last Feb. I think they were under by 5 (?) something like that.
 

Here in Jacksonville, we are certainly hoping to drop to 4A as we have been at the low end of 5A for several years. Not a cure as many 4A D1 programs are tough— like Lindale. But Lindale shows what happens when you drop. Palestine dropped to 4A in 2004 AP (after Peterson). They went to the semifinals in 2004. Just saying.... 

You'll drop soon enough. The cutoff numbers are steady increasing because the burbs are steady growing. I don't believe Jacksonville is growing like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...