Final Caddo Mills 35 Pleasant Grove 31---Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs. Caddo Mills @ Royse City ISD Stadium 2:00 p.m. Friday November 27, 2020

micotrav

1 minute ago, Vandalman said:

I had a feeling about this one. CM doesn't look nearly as good on film as they do in person lol. I know we definitely had no answer for them when we played. Great game today. Congrats to CM!

I did as well, PG just hasn’t quite had it this season and you then add in some injuries to key contributors and you have the makings of an upset.

Congratulations go to Caddo Mills for driving down and winning the game scoring with under 20 seconds, amazing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I did as well, PG just hasn’t quite had it this season and you then add in some injuries to key contributors and you have the makings of an upset.

Congratulations go to Caddo Mills for driving down and winning the game scoring with under 20 seconds, amazing.

43 minutes ago, futfan said:

11 years since the big win Over Argyle. 
(sorry Reagle, had to bring that up. )

Foxes made adjustments after the half. 

Yeah.......on this date 11 yrs ago Argyle was upset by the Hawks........I have not forgotten.  Argyle had a great team and went home in disbelief.  They got their tails whipped that day........PG was just the better team that day.

Congratulations to both football teams.  They both left it all on the field.  Caddo Mills did not get any breaks in this game, it was pure adrenalin and talent that put this one in the win column for the Foxes.  I've watched Caddo a few times this year and they are just a very steady football team. Great leadership, great coaching and they just do the basics with very few mistakes.  Caddo Mills defense was on fire at the beginning of the game and with the score tied 14 all, you just knew that all of that PG talent was about to break loose and start scoring at will.  But it just never really happened.  PG is loaded with talent and they are a great team.  There were some questionable calls by the referees, but those happen in every game. Overall talent has to go to PG.  But I believe that stamina got the best of PG in this one. Caddo Mills just had a little more left in the tank than PG.  Great game and both teams fought very hard. It was a game for the ages and one that both teams will remember for a very long time to come. 

• Like 1

• micotrav changed the title to Final Caddo Mills 35 Pleasant Grove 31---Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs. Caddo Mills @ Royse City ISD Stadium 2:00 p.m. Friday November 27, 2020
21 hours ago, micotrav said:

Congratulations to both football teams.  They both left it all on the field.  Caddo Mills did not get any breaks in this game, it was pure adrenalin and talent that put this one in the win column for the Foxes.  I've watched Caddo a few times this year and they are just a very steady football team. Great leadership, great coaching and they just do the basics with very few mistakes.  Caddo Mills defense was on fire at the beginning of the game and with the score tied 14 all, you just knew that all of that PG talent was about to break loose and start scoring at will.  But it just never really happened.  PG is loaded with talent and they are a great team.  There were some questionable calls by the referees, but those happen in every game. Overall talent has to go to PG.  But I believe that stamina got the best of PG in this one. Caddo Mills just had a little more left in the tank than PG.  Great game and both teams fought very hard. It was a game for the ages and one that both teams will remember for a very long time to come. 

PG's best back went out at the half after scoring two touchdowns and rushing for 126 yards. Two of the very best defensive players in Texas did not play. These are excuses I know, but the Pleasant Grove team that lost Friday was not the Pleasant Grove team that started the 2020 season.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BigBrother said:

Does anyone have the stats for this game? I'm specifically looking for Caddo Mills rushing attempts and yards.

Caddo Mills had like 419 total yards, 295 in the air and qb had most of the rushing yards. Pleasant Grove had over 300 rushing, most in the first half. 75 yards passing, 52 came on touchdown pass with two minutes left in the game.

11 minutes ago, Texlov said:

Caddo Mills had like 419 total yards, 295 in the air and qb had most of the rushing yards. Pleasant Grove had over 300 rushing, most in the first half. 75 yards passing, 52 came on touchdown pass with two minutes left in the game.

So CM’s offense is mostly their QB both through the air and on the ground.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He was that game, but they still have talent and great coaching. I don't think they can play with Carthage.

• Like 1