Carthage versus Salado

cowboyandchrist

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

If it isn't raining on Friday, then I'll have to move my 35-20 score upward and downward by at least a TD.   That would be 42 for Carthage and 14 for Salado.  I was thinkin' the wet conditions would favor Salado more just a little bit.  The difference might even be more with the good footing and ball control of dry conditions......it will help both the offense and defense of the better team to perform at its highest level unencumbered.......Carthage.

Sadly, the Bulldogs and Eagles will still play in the rain with possible thunderstorms the first half.

Rain and field conditions——40 years ago it played a HUGE factor in a lot of games........gradually glove manufacturers got better and better.......gradually turf fields got better and better

Now in 2020........Almost every single high school player in America can get a pair of gloves when they want them, and those gloves are so good now that one handed catches happen almost every single game in high school instead of seeing it every now and then pre-gloves in the pros....some gloves, including for golf, perform better wet........now turf fields don’t have any standing water for a general rain and footing is much improved 

Thus, in 65 degree weather if the wind isn’t blowing 10+ and it isn’t pouring rain, Carthage will have no excuses about not putting up points. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Final score is usually just a matter of what the legend that roams our sidelines ALLOWS it to be.  We're not in the business of unecessarily running up the score.

I know that ... just putting out what they COULD do .... even Ditka trembles at their name ....

• LOL! 1

30 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I know that ... just putting out what they COULD do .... even Ditka trembles at their name ....

You’re just kidding, but I saw a picture of Ditka in his prime the other day when he was suited up for the Bears (probably on here).

That dude would fear no man in his hay day!!

45 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re just kidding, but I saw a picture of Ditka in his prime the other day when he was suited up for the Bears (probably on here).

That dude would fear no man in his hay day!!

I got to meet Ditka in his restaurant/piano bar in Chicago several years ago ... yes, he was much of a man  ....

41 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

To those in the know how does salado compare to 2018 liberty hill?  I watched some of their last game on tx live other day while working but wasn't paying very close attention.

Well, you also have to judge our 2018 defense against this year’s defense, and I think there is little comparison. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, you also have to judge our 2018 defense against this year’s defense, and I think there is little comparison. 

Yeah that's for sure.  That's kind of where my train of thought was.  2007 and 2018 LH teams are only 2 run-heavy teams since Coach S. and Crew rode into town that have had our #.  If salado doesn't come close to comparing to 2018 LH then they in BIG trouble.

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

If it isn't raining on Friday, then I'll have to move my 35-20 score upward and downward by at least a TD.   That would be 42 for Carthage and 14 for Salado.  I was thinkin' the wet conditions would favor Salado more just a little bit.  The difference might even be more with the good footing and ball control of dry conditions......it will help both the offense and defense of the better team to perform at its highest level unencumbered.......Carthage.

Regaleagle I think you may not know how good this Dawg defense really is. 
The starters have not allowed a point since mid October. 
Rain or snow, the Dawgs can and will pass. They have done it many times in the playoffs. LaGrange, Navasota, and many more. 

11 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yes Cc everyone knows they can win 5a . Doesn’t matter the snow /rain is no match for the Mighty Dawgs. 

You can’t help your self can you Lion. 
I have never said the Dawgs could beat any team in 5A. 
what I have said and so far is true, this Dawg defense is the best I have seen since coach S has been at Carthage. 
The best O line in 4A, and the best defense in All of 4A. 
If you don’t like what I say, simple even for you. Don’t read my post. 
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. 

9 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Rain and field conditions——40 years ago it played a HUGE factor in a lot of games........gradually glove manufacturers got better and better.......gradually turf fields got better and better

Now in 2020........Almost every single high school player in America can get a pair of gloves when they want them, and those gloves are so good now that one handed catches happen almost every single game in high school instead of seeing it every now and then pre-gloves in the pros....some gloves, including for golf, perform better wet........now turf fields don’t have any standing water for a general rain and footing is much improved 

Thus, in 65 degree weather if the wind isn’t blowing 10+ and it isn’t pouring rain, Carthage will have no excuses about not putting up points. 

Carthage doesnt do well historically in wet and cold playoff games against good running teams (El Campo and Liberty Hill x2)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You keep forgetting, this Dawg defense is better than any of those defenses, they will do what it takes to win any game. 

And again, that's about the 30th time you have repeated yourself in the last 2-3 weeks.

If your so confident, why do you keep repeating the same thing over, and over and over? 

7 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You can’t help your self can you Lion. 
I have never said the Dawgs could beat any team in 5A. 
what I have said and so far is true, this Dawg defense is the best I have seen since coach S has been at Carthage. 
The best O line in 4A, and the best defense in All of 4A. 
If you don’t like what I say, simple even for you. Don’t read my post. 
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. 

He's on our side at this point.  Don't berate him for it.  We've come a long long ways from "definitely not happening this year."  Lol

On 11/26/2020 at 7:50 AM, DAWG91 said:

To those in the know how does salado compare to 2018 liberty hill?  I watched some of their last game on tx live other day while working but wasn't paying very close attention.

Salado is up and coming, really still establishing themselves as a competitive program.  They're only a few years removed from being a perennial bottom dweller.  In 2018, Liberty Hill was very well established and had built a culture of winning since the early 2000s and were used to being on a big stage with very successful programs.  I don't think Salado is there yet and would be surprised if they can really compete with Carthage.  My guess is they may hang close initially, but Carthage will win quite handily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1