Region 2 final Mount Vernon vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Mount Vernon vs Malakoff for region 2 finals  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Koff big

We will show up and take a shot at them. I imagine they will come in as 2TD favorites but I give us a punchers chance. Defense has been playing very well and improving. Offense definitely has the potential but has struggled the last two weeks. If we can get it to all click together then it should be a very good game. 

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I think Tyler or Longview sounds like a good place to play. I’m starting round 2 of quarantine so I wouldn’t get to go anyways. 

Rather have Tyler lol

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Malakoff will walk away with this in my opinion. The Koff defense is what impresses me most. I don’t see anyone having great success against them. I feel like the state game was played yesterday and oh what a game it was. 

I believe you are correct! The game yesterday was outstanding but that D for Malakoff is special! Malakoff will finally get them their State title this season as long as they keep playing like yesterday! Don’t let up Art will have some tricks up his sleeves! Then you will get a very good Jim Ned team and after that I am thinking Columbus (I have Columbus in the upset this week against HHS).

go Malakoff!

10 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I knew Brock was overrated, but I figured they'd at least make it out of that region to get embarassed by the Grandview/Malakoff winner.

Region 1 is boo boo in all classifications. Aledo and Canadian. Those are only teams in region 1 that are legit 

• LOL! 1

On 11/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, Bclove05 said:

I think Tyler or Longview sounds like a good place to play. I’m starting round 2 of quarantine so I wouldn’t get to go anyways. 

Me too. I just got home from hospital today. They tried to get me to do the transfusion but between yesterday and today my breathing got a lot better. It's been a horrible 2 weeks.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I knew Brock was overrated, but I figured they'd at least make it out of that region to get embarassed by the Grandview/Malakoff winner.

Brock was not over rated. They didn't play well and ran into a team that could control the ball. GV and Malakoff are good but I doubt that it would have been as bad a you projected. By the way how are all of the teams in your are doing?

I think Malakoff will probably win; however, to think it will be a walk-over is a little too much. Someone is forgetting who is calling shots at MV. He is one of the best Texas HS football has ever seen. I'm not taking a thing away from Jamie Driskell...in time he will prove he will be on that list.

14 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

What's going on in Jim Ned this season?

I don’t think them or Brock was overrated. Remember JN beat hallettsville who will probably beat llano and play for state. Jim Ned is a very fine team for the most part. They just aren’t malakoff. Jim Ned is a top 5 team with a lot of young players.