Region 2 final Mount Vernon vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Mount Vernon vs Malakoff for region 2 finals  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/29/2020 at 2:34 PM, Eagleborn said:

Seen lots of talk about about MV offense vs Mally defense but can MV defense stop Mally offense?

Mally offense comparable to GWs offense? I feel Mally doesn’t have the threats GW offense had but different scheme so that’d be a interesting matchup to watch. 

Malakoff’s offense is considerably better than Gladewater’s offense. Malakoff’s passing game is far superior. The QB is a better passer and runner. The stable of wide receivers are much better than Gladewater’s and the tandem of running backs are close to Gladewater’s Carter. The offensive lines are not comparable

58 minutes ago, VZCR said:

Malakoff’s offense is considerably better than Gladewater’s offense. Malakoff’s passing game is far superior. The QB is a better passer and runner. The stable of wide receivers are much better than Gladewater’s and the tandem of running backs are close to Gladewater’s Carter. The offensive lines are not comparable

Wow, that's a heck of an offense Malakoff has. They should put up 50+ on MV.

Personally I don't think this game will be close. I don't believe MV has the offense to score at will on Malakoff's defense. Add to that the incredible Malakoff offense that can't be stopped, well not sure MV has a chance.

59 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Personally I don't think this game will be close. I don't believe MV has the offense to score at will on Malakoff's defense. Add to that the incredible Malakoff offense that can't be stopped, well not sure MV has a chance.

They dont really. Malakoff will need to have 5-6 turnovers. I am thinking it is gonna be like the pottsboro game for malakoff

56 Malakoff

0-14 MV

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

This is probably Driskell's second maybe close to best offense since his time being here at koff. With the 16' team being probably the best team fielded at koff. No, that's not a knockoff towards past teams or the current team. I know that sounds crazy, given the past two seasons having probably one of the best backfields in the state in 3ad1. The only way that I could see koff losing is having a bad game the whole way through. Even if we do have a bad half, we are still hard to beat, which everyone saw last week. Just hope we can stay health and focused each week and have enough left in the tank. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

This is probably Driskell's second maybe close to best offense since his time being here at koff. With the 16' team being probably the best team fielded at koff. No, that's not a knockoff towards past teams or the current team. I know that sounds crazy, given the past two seasons having probably one of the best backfields in the state in 3ad1. The only way that I could see koff losing is having a bad game the whole way through. Even if we do have a bad half, we are still hard to beat, which everyone saw last week. Just hope we can stay health and focused each week and have enough left in the tank. 

I have no doubt your offense is one of the best Driskell has fielded and I have no doubt y'all will put up lots of points. My original thoughts were if y'all had tandom RB's as good as Carter, I'm not sure I would throw the football much, especially against MV. I wish we had kept the ball on the ground more. Best way to beat MV was to keep the ball out of their offenses hands. Of course having a stable of WRs as good as Allen it would be hard for y'all not to use them.

All that being said, I do believe Malakoff is a much better team than MV. Your defense is as good as any in 3A D1. Your defense alone will win this game. I think what really hurt us was 1) the pace of the game when MV had the ball and 2) trying to beat Briles at his own game. Just my opinion though. 

Good luck to y'all. I think y'all are on the road to that State Championship Trophy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I have no doubt your offense is one of the best Driskell has fielded and I have no doubt y'all will put up lots of points. My original thoughts were if y'all had tandom RB's as good as Carter, I'm not sure I would throw the football much, especially against MV. I wish we had kept the ball on the ground more. Best way to beat MV was to keep the ball out of their offenses hands. Of course having a stable of WRs as good as Allen it would be hard for y'all not to use them.

All that being said, I do believe Malakoff is a much better team than MV. Your defense is as good as any in 3A D1. Your defense alone will win this game. I think what really hurt us was 1) the pace of the game when MV had the ball and 2) trying to beat Briles at his own game. Just my opinion though. 

Good luck to y'all. I think y'all are on the road to that State Championship Trophy.

The Malakoff defense is what sets them apart to me. The offense doesn’t have to put up 60 to win but they are capable of that too!

Well shoot the way y’all talk we might as well give the state championship trophy to Malakoff already. Contrary to almost everyone and could possibly be a little bit of a homer but I believe MV has a decent chance. 
Defense has been much improved as of late, I definitely do not see Malakoff scoring in the 50s like everyone is predicting. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Blazin97 said:

Well shoot the way y’all talk we might as well give the state championship trophy to Malakoff already. Contrary to almost everyone and could possibly be a little bit of a homer but I believe MV has a decent chance. 
Defense has been much improved as of late, I definitely do not see Malakoff scoring in the 50s like everyone is predicting. 

I think it'll be a good match up. I think we'll score upper 30s/ maybe low 40s. Really depends on how the game goes. I can see at the most 21/28 points at the most being scored against us. 

It's opinions, but everyone knows that koff wants to earn each win and respect. Coach D has the boys playing at a high level right now.

33 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think it'll be a good match up. I think we'll score upper 30s/ maybe low 40s. Really depends on how the game goes. I can see at the most 21/28 points at the most being scored against us. 

It's opinions, but everyone knows that koff wants to earn each win and respect. Coach D has the boys playing at a high level right now.

Koff definitely has my respect. I would say out of the final 8 they are definitely the most complete team on both sides of the ball. But anyone can get beat and MV has the best chance of anyone left in my opinion. 

52 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

We might as well give it to them honestly 

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

Well I was going off the post that said their offense was better than Gladewater's. If that's the case 50 is easily obtainable. You say your defense has been much improved as of late. Your defense stopped the Bears twice. Once by interception and another on downs and Gladewater still put 40+ on you. 

The major thing is can MV score on Malakoff's defense? The Malakoff defense is by far better than Gladewater's. The Bears couldn't stop the MV fast pace offense. Well we stopped y'all once but definitely not enough and fact is the Bear defense isn't even close to Malakoff's. Malakoff shutout a good Pottsboro offense and beat Grandview who i believe had the best defense in 3A D1. 

Anything can happen in Texas High School football and if MV wins I'll give them props, but I just don't see it happening. 

45 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Well I was going off the post that said their offense was better than Gladewater's. If that's the case 50 is easily obtainable. You say your defense has been much improved as of late. Your defense stopped the Bears twice. Once by interception and another on downs and Gladewater still put 40+ on you. 

The major thing is can MV score on Malakoff's defense? The Malakoff defense is by far better than Gladewater's. The Bears couldn't stop the MV fast pace offense. Well we stopped y'all once but definitely not enough and fact is the Bear defense isn't even close to Malakoff's. Malakoff shutout a good Pottsboro offense and beat Grandview who i believe had the best defense in 3A D1. 

Anything can happen in Texas High School football and if MV wins I'll give them props, but I just don't see it happening. 

Gladewater offense definitely gave MV problems but GW is a very good offense. 
I didn’t think the MV defense played terrible that game either, we had y’all at 3rd and long many times and then would get gashed for a big gain by Carter, or like the two hook and ladder plays y’all converted on. 
Our defense was also on the field for a lot of time in the GW game because when we got the ball on offense multiple times we scored on the first play of the drive and sent the defense right back out. 
I don’t see us hitting that many big plays vs Malakoff it will have to be more methodical drives, so it should be lower scoring than some think. 

Anyone can beat anyone on any given day and we are not taking MV lightly they made it this far for a reason. We just need to come out and make a statement early in this game and not rely on the 2nd half to get it done. I believe our coaching staff will have them ready for this one and the boys are hungry.  Tiger Nation will be there loud and proud no matter what happens. Good luck to both teams and hope they stay injury free.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Briles last game at MV? Lots of Texas Tech chatter with his name involved. 

Wouldnt be shocked at all to see him go. Also wouldnt be shocked at all to see him stay even though i figure the former is much more likely. Also wouldnt be surprised if he goes that he will be gone at Christmas. 

36 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Wouldnt be shocked at all to see him go. Also wouldnt be shocked at all to see him stay even though i figure the former is much more likely. Also wouldnt be surprised if he goes that he will be gone at Christmas. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised either way. If he does go I think it would have to be to a D1, or a top tier 5A or 6A. 

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

I also wouldn’t be surprised either way. If he does go I think it would have to be to a D1, or a top tier 5A or 6A. 

Im curious to know how much development he has given to the potential up and coming quarterbacks? I mean I might be wrong but I can’t recall the backup ever getting in that much this year? I mean it was nice for him to have Nellor fall into his lap but i would’ve assumed there would’ve been ample grooming for his successor and i just haven’t seen it much so maybe that factors into his decision?