Region 2 final Mount Vernon vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Mount Vernon vs Malakoff for region 2 finals  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Congrats on the win MV!  Great season Off.  Go rep region 2 and bring that trophy home.  I was in Stephenville during those early-mid 90s' title runs and Briles is a heck of a coach.  I wonder if some of those folks in MV are still upset about the hire now.....🤔

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Congrats on the win MV!  Great season Off.  Go rep region 2 and bring that trophy home.  I was in Stephenville during those early-mid 90s' title runs and Briles is a heck of a coach.  I wonder if some of those folks in MV are still upset about the hire now.....🤔

Funny thing is some of the ones that were calling him out last year, are praising him now. But hey, I guess if you are winning it doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Lmao. Doubt it.  The entire town has rallied around this football team.  We have been selling out every venue every week and asking to buy the other teams left over tickets 

4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I hope everyone gets a picture with ol Art. Might not have many more opportunities in my opinion. 

I’m not getting my hopes up that he stays but I also wonder what MV next contract they offer him to try to get him to stay.  Especially if he wins a state championship.  

20 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Excuse my ignorance on this, what does this mean, Lynx being "the real MVP of the purple tigers."

Lynx got "hired" last year. Lynxs wife is related to the current qb Nellor and his family. They moved here after the "hire" and now he is the star qb. Quite the story. Big time player.

15 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Excuse my ignorance on this, what does this mean, Lynx being "the real MVP of the purple tigers."

Let me take a stab at it for you.  Lynx played for Briles at Baylor and in Italy prior to Briles coming to MV.  Lynx is married to a gal from CO who has two brothers who are really good athletes.  Lynx decides to make a Netflix documentary on Briles journey back into American Football.  Rents a trailer house in MV school district, and sets up shop with total access, including coaching attire and headset. Both boys stay with Lynx while parents are selling house in CO.  After UIL rules both brothers ineligible 5 games into 2019 season, MV fizzles.  Fast forward to 2020 - little brother is eligible and has spent a full year learning Briles’ system and MV is in the state semi’s.  Anyone seen that Netflix documentary yet?  😁

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Let me take a stab at it for you.  Lynx played for Briles at Baylor and in Italy prior to Briles coming to MV.  Lynx is married to a gal from CO who has two brothers who are really good athletes.  Lynx decides to make a Netflix documentary on Briles journey back into American Football.  Rents a trailer house in MV school district, and sets up shop with total access, including coaching attire and headset. Both boys stay with Lynx while parents are selling house in CO.  After UIL rules both brothers ineligible 5 games into 2019 season, MV fizzles.  Fast forward to 2020 - little brother is eligible and has spent a full year learning Briles’ system and MV is in the state semi’s.  Anyone seen that Netflix documentary yet?  😁

What's the name of the Netflix documentary.  I might want to check it out.  I knew about the kids moving into MV last year and heard some discussion of it on the radio back then, but I didn't know the connection to Lynx and the rest.

5 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Lynx got "hired" last year. Lynxs wife is related to the current qb Nellor and his family. They moved here after the "hire" and now he is the star qb. Quite the story. Big time player.

The whole Lynx coaching/documentary thing was most likely the reason they got ruled ineligible last year. Because it all was so fishy. If we had him and his brother last year we might would have done the same thing honestly. Those of us that saw Brocks brother play, he might have been better than Brock and for sure more athletic. 
Regardless of all that BS though we are glad to have Brock for sure. Awesome kid on and off the field. Super nice family. 

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Heard season two didn’t get approved but it would have been a heck of a documentary following this run. 😂

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

The whole Lynx coaching/documentary thing was most likely the reason they got ruled ineligible last year. Because it all was so fishy. If we had him and his brother last year we might would have done the same thing honestly. Those of us that saw Brocks brother play, he might have been better than Brock and for sure more athletic. 
Regardless of all that BS though we are glad to have Brock for sure. Awesome kid on and off the field. Super nice family. 

I agree, i think this same success would have happened last year as well. Plus if Holloman was healthy i dont think MV loses a game this year imo

1 minute ago, Blazin97 said:

Agree.  I think the older brother was more comfortable at QB.  MV, the boys and their family paid their dues for all that mess.  Congrats to the Purple Tigers on your historic run!

5 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

What's the name of the Netflix documentary.  I might want to check it out.  I knew about the kids moving into MV last year and heard some discussion of it on the radio back then, but I didn't know the connection to Lynx and the rest.

That’s the point.  There is likely not one.  As the MV poster stated, had that not been part of the story the boys would likely not have been ruled ineligible in 2019.

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

No he’s not 

So Lynx is not working for MV now, but a previous post said he was "hired."  Was he ever actually on payroll for MV?  The whole thing seems kinda weird for someone like myself just learning of it now and trying to catch up on it.  What I'm getting is:

1) purportedly came to MV to do a documentary for Netflix. 

2) At some point was "hired," I guess to work for Briles and MV?

3) No longer works at MV and Netflix documentary never happened. 

4) Two HS aged relatives moved to MV and lived with Lynx and played football some for MV last year, creating some brew-ha that resulted in them not getting to play the entire year, but the younger is playing for MV now. 

5) Lynx status currently unknown (by me).

39 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

So Lynx is not working for MV now, but a previous post said he was "hired."  Was he ever actually on payroll for MV?  The whole thing seems kinda weird for someone like myself just learning of it now and trying to catch up on it.  What I'm getting is:

4) Two HS aged relatives moved to MV and lived with Lynx and played football some for MV last year, creating some brew-ha that resulted in them not getting to play the entire year, but the younger is playing for MV now. 

Lynx was never a MVISD employee.  Used the disguise of the documentary to get really close to the MV program. At times acting in a coaching like role. After the blow up last year Lynx disappeared.  Was probably good for everyone involved that he did.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Your rhetoric is not persuasive or logical. I would ask what your point? However, I would rather not entertain your response.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:07 PM, VZCR said:

Your rhetoric is not persuasive or logical. I would ask what your point? However, I would rather not entertain your response.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I was trying to re-state what I had read on this string, trying to see if I understood what had occurred, not making a statement or putting rhetoric on the string.  I was asking for feedback on if I was understanding what had occurred at MV related to Lynx as I followed him some through his high school and college career and had no idea he'd spent time in MV.  I'm neither trying to add to or take away from whatever happened, just interested in knowing the facts.