Nacogdoches (4-4)(3-3) Vs. Marshall (5-4)(3-3)

Mavchamp

Nacogdoches Vs. Marshall  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Nacogdoches by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Nacogdoches in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Marshall leads the overall series 37-15-1

Here are some interesting Marshall/Nac tidbits: 

2014:  The first and only time they ever met in the playoffs.  Marshall won 67-42.  The most points the Mavs have ever scored in a playoff game.

2006: Nac beat Marshall 27-20.  That loss, coupled with Whitehouse's now infamous "resting their starters" stunt gave Nac their first playoff game in over a decade.  Marshall missed the playoffs after back to back state title games.

1998:  Mav kicker Ryan Spears set the school record with a 58 yard FG just before halftime.  Marshall won 44-14.

1991:  Nac beat Marshall 28-13...... eliminating the defending 1990 5A Div I state champs from the playoff chase.

Largest Marshall victory: 52-7 in 1944
Largest Nacogdoches victory: 33-0 in 1982

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall leads the overall series 37-15-1

Here are some interesting Marshall/Nac tidbits: 

2014:  The first and only time they ever met in the playoffs.  Marshall won 67-42.  The most points the Mavs have ever scored in a playoff game.

2006: Nac beat Marshall 27-20.  That loss, coupled with Whitehouse's now infamous "resting their starters" stunt gave Nac their first playoff game in over a decade.  Marshall missed the playoffs after back to back state title games.

1998:  Mav kicker Ryan Spears set the school record with a 58 yard FG just before halftime.  Marshall won 44-14.

1991:  Nac beat Marshall 28-13...... eliminating the defending 1990 5A Div I state champs from the playoff chase.

Largest Marshall victory: 52-7 in 1944
Largest Nacogdoches victory: 33-0 in 1982

I also believe Harper’s last game as Mavs head coach was against Nac Marshall won and carried him Off the field.

21 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

I also believe Harper’s last game as Mavs head coach was against Nac Marshall won and carried him Off the field.

Bill Harper is a great man. 
On and off the field. 
Class act all the way.