HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs China Spring  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • China Spring

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Carthage handled Salado better than they did LH in ‘18.

Folks are always worried about the stupid wing t, because it’s almost a novelty these days. I hate it, absolutely hate that shell game offense. You run it, because generally you don’t have the athletes to line up and play ball. 

I would feel that way too if I was always the most talented team every year.

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I would feel that way too if I was always the most talented team every year.

Talent in Carthage is definite.  But Henderson, La Vega, and Midlothian Heritage are 3 teams in the last 5 years with more talent. 
Coaching and extra weight room work can sometimes overcome a little more talent. 

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Talent in Carthage is definite.  But Henderson, La Vega, and Midlothian Heritage are 3 teams in the last 5 years with more talent. 
Coaching and extra weight room work can sometimes overcome a little more talent. 

I don’t agree with that at all. Nope, no, totally disagree with that opinion. 

25 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t agree with that at all. Nope, no, totally disagree with that opinion. 

Henderson beat Carthage in 2016 —sorry coaching by Surratt I guess

La Vega in 2017 was 46 -39.......I guess the former coaches I talked to were wrong that Surratt and staff out coached La Vega to win. 

M Heritage in 2018 was 50 -49 in overtime......Guess Surratt and staff got lucky. 

15 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

La Vega in 2017 was 46 -39.......I guess the former coaches I talked to were wrong that Surratt and staff out coached La Vega to win. 

M Heritage in 2018 was 50 -49 in overtime......Guess Surratt and staff got lucky. 

La Vega was not our coach in 2017. They were just outplayed. 

Against heritage we did get lucky

7 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Hold on, so you’re saying since Carthage won tight games they were less talented? You seriously saying ‘17 LV was more talented than ‘17 Carthage? Think about that for a second. Had Capps not fumbled the ball away a couple times Carthage would’ve run LV out of the building. That team was absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball. 
Surratt did everything right in that game and against MH in ‘18, but that doesn’t mean LV or MH had more talent. 
2017 LV was stacked athletically no doubt, but not like Carthage. The RB, WR’s, QB, LB’s, DB’s OL & DL, literally all units on both sides of the ball for CHS that year were extremely talented. 
I am 100% in agreement with you Surratt gives Carthage a massive advantage every week and definitely can win if competing against a team with more pure talent player to player I just don’t agree those examples you gave are best for that analogy or the point you’ve making. 
I will say ‘16 Henderson versus ‘16 Carthage is tight talent wise.

11 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Not every school gets players from programs down the road from them so they have to make due with what they have. 

If you are a consistently dominant program, yes, good players want to come play.  And the parents obviously want it too. But I’m sorry they all would rather go this way down 149 than the other way. But if it was me I’d rather play for a perennial powerhouse than for Tatum too. 🥴

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Y’all defensive bunch. No where in my original post did I mention Carthage. It was a blanket statement. Didn’t mean to make y’all cry. My bad. 

Eagleborn, you were responding to my post about how I dislike the shell game offense the wing t is.

You said not every school has folks move in and must compete with the players they have. How are your comments not directly about Carthage when you’re responding to a Carthage fan?

You aren’t bothering me with this as we’ve heard it all before and will hear it again in the future. 

• Like 1

This should be a great game, China Spring is playing pretty good right now. Carthage's defense will be the difference, they are swarming to the ball right now and playing extremely physical. I predict the score will be 42-21, with China Spring having some success in the first half. We all know that Preston's defense takes over after the 2nd half! Go Dawgs!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Its funny because everybody knows Carthage players arent home grown players, alot of their talent comes from other places. And, thats all Ill say on that.

Not nearly as many as you folks like to act like. Carthage has had players move in, definitely, but most of our players and best players are home grown. 

34 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Its funny because everybody knows Carthage players arent home grown players, alot of their talent comes from other places. And, thats all Ill say on that.

What is there to offer in Carthage, for people to want to move in? In the past, when the oilfield was booming, we had people move in to work here. It's not like we can offer people great paying jobs, to get their star athlete kid to play on our team. Like other successful programs, people want to jump on the bandwagon and give their kids the best experience possible. If we had not won state so many many times in the last few years, then we would play with the kids that started playing together in Junior High and still be just fine. 

• Like 2