HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs China Spring  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • China Spring

This poll is closed to new votes

52 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Its funny because everybody knows Carthage players arent home grown players, alot of their talent comes from other places. And, thats all Ill say on that.

Ignorant. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, when you build a consistently winning program that is always a contender, good players on weak teams want to come play for a winner. Especially when you have parents who are heavily interested/invested in their kid’s sports as many in the East texas area are. Gilmer, PG, and Carthage most of all know that it’s just ignorance and haters. All these programs have heard it and will hear it for as long as the success lasts, until there is no more reasons for other, less successful program’s fans to be jealous of. 

• Like 2

Do y'all really think this will be a close game 🤔?  I don't see this game being close matter fact Carthage will beat China Spring worst than Salado!! I believe Carthage matches up better with China Spring and will totally dominate! Carthage defense is play lights out right now. Salado runs the slot T which is very difficult to defend and Carthage dominated. China Spring is a shotgun read option establish the run type of team which I feel like the Carthage Defense is very familiar with. Salado and China Spring or in the same district Salado beat China Spring 28-14 back in October. I see Carthage dominating China Spring similar to how we beat Silsbee 🤷🏽‍♂️. Carthage got off the gas against Salado after they went up 35 to 0. Coach Surratt didn't wanna put to much on film for China Spring to see and that came from coaching staff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Valhalla said:

Tatum sends people back about every two years in September so it balances out lol.

Look, we all know some players on the team didn’t grow up going to Carthage. My guess is you can find that in a lot of places. I know of some kids who physically live in Carthage but have another address listed to go to another nearby school district. Don’t bother me. I’m all about school choice. I don’t want to see things become a recruiting contest at all, but I think a family has the right to do what’s best for their kids. I think there’s a lot of assumption on this site about kids moving for sports, and that’s not fair to the kids. 

12 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Look, we all know some players on the team didn’t grow up going to Carthage. My guess is you can find that in a lot of places. I know of some kids who physically live in Carthage but have another address listed to go to another nearby school district. Don’t bother me. I’m all about school choice. I don’t want to see things become a recruiting contest at all, but I think a family has the right to do what’s best for their kids. I think there’s a lot of assumption on this site about kids moving for sports, and that’s not fair to the kids. 

If a kids family is willing to pack their life up and make a career change for the sake of their kids being in a more competitive athletic situation then by all means knock yourself out.  There shouldn’t be any problem with that generally speaking.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Great post!

This topic always comes up this time of year.  If someone moves to Carthage for their kid they are making a serious sacrifice because I don't know what the heck you do for a living.  Kids have always made a choice between Beckville or Gary or EFields to come to Carthage if they chose to.  I guarantee you Surratt isn't going to risk putting the program in jeopardy.  Heck, I recognize most of the names as long time area natives.  Jealousy is a sad thing.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Its funny because everybody knows Carthage players arent home grown players, alot of their talent comes from other places. And, thats all Ill say on that.

suspect you whine and make excuses for everything you do.   

2 hours ago, itmoney100 said:

Do y'all really think this will be a close game 🤔?  I don't see this game being close matter fact Carthage will beat China Spring worst than Salado!! I believe Carthage matches up better with China Spring and will totally dominate! Carthage defense is play lights out right now. Salado runs the slot T which is very difficult to defend and Carthage dominated. China Spring is a shotgun read option establish the run type of team which I feel like the Carthage Defense is very familiar with. Salado and China Spring or in the same district Salado beat China Spring 28-14 back in October. I see Carthage dominating China Spring similar to how we beat Silsbee 🤷🏽‍♂️. Carthage got off the gas against Salado after they went up 35 to 0. Coach Surratt didn't wanna put to much on film for China Spring to see and that came from coaching staff.

I totally agree with you. 
The China Spring offense plays right into the strength of the Dawg defense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itmoney100 said:

I’m not gonna knock CS and I know in high school football anything can happen, but I don’t see any reason to think CS is gonna score a bunch of points. Nobody has broke the 20 point mark on this Dawg D all season. So if you’re CS, you have to eat clock and limit possessions for the Carthage offense and try to make it a low scoring affair, I think. Don’t see how they do it. Again, I know wild things happen, but this is not last seasons Lampasas offense we are talking here. This defense has stopped all types of offense. Many of which are still playing. The team that beats Carthage will have to match them on defense.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

That touchdown to force the OT was pretty questionable. Not complaining but it was questionable.

Aren't you talking about the 2018 game against MH?   I'm talking about 2017 against LV.  Keon didn't play against MH in 2018. 

7 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

This should be a great game, China Spring is playing pretty good right now. Carthage's defense will be the difference, they are swarming to the ball right now and playing extremely physical. I predict the score will be 42-21, with China Spring having some success in the first half. We all know that Preston's defense takes over after the 2nd half! Go Dawgs!

IMG_9147-1124173520.JPG