HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs China Spring  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • China Spring

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Carthage wins this game, I don't see neither of those other teams beating Carthage for the state championship 

If we can beat China Spring we’ll still have to get past Wimberly or Navarro to get to the big stadium.

I’d think Wimberly will defeat Navarro and if we can win it’d be the first time Carthage and Wimberly have played each other.

There’s a possibility of Carthage versus Celina for the state championship, but we’re several contests between here and there.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

We China Springians are excited to be playing in December! This team is a year early with many under classmen growing up in a hurry. They look like a totally different team since district and I know they will compete Friday. It's an enormous task taking on Carthage, but that's why they play the game! Brock losing to Jim Ned and Pleasant Grove losing to Caddo Mills... Strange things can and do happen in the playoffs! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

We China Springians are excited to be playing in December! This team is a year early with many under classmen growing up in a hurry. They look like a totally different team since district and I know they will compete Friday. It's an enormous task taking on Carthage, but that's why they play the game! Brock losing to Jim Ned and Pleasant Grove losing to Caddo Mills... Strange things can and do happen in the playoffs! 

Great post and welcome to smoaky. 
what can you tell us about the team. 

16 minutes ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

Welcome aboard and yes,  games aren't won on paper and opinions,  it's settled on the field.  Good post.

I watched a little film of China Spring and Sealy...…………….C S offensive skills guys are pretty quick, including the QB -- pretty impressive...…….Carthage could have told Sealy we promise to never throw the ball past the line of scrimmage, and Carthage would have probably never punted, and not many 4th downs.

6 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Great post and welcome to smoaky. 
what can you tell us about the team. 

For most of the year, China Spring tried to be more of a spread team and although had some success, the losses to Salado and Connally seemed to indicate this team was more suited to pound the ball. We got out to leads in both of those games and began to throw it all over the field. When you have a RB rushing for over 2,000 yards and a QB that rushed for over a 1,000 you dance with the one that brought ya. I know they will have to throw some against Carthage so we will have to see. 

3 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

What grade is the RB in?

7 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

We were a year early in 2016, but still won state. Carthage best not overlook China Spring!

Part of what I said opening this thread is I do not believe Surratt will allow the team to be too casual going into this game. Surratt knows all too well how dangerous the Cougars can be. Even though that was several years ago now it’s still the same school with a winning mentality.

Welcome to SDC!

Watched the 2016 game again today. Forgot Keaontay had 3 fumbles. Offense had a hard time opening holes most of the game. 
I think the 2020 dawg Oline is better than that 2016 line. Either way, have to keep the turnovers down. 4 turnovers in 2016 and still won. That’s not gonna happen a lot.

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Watched the 2016 game again today. Forgot Keaontay had 3 fumbles. Offense had a hard time opening holes most of the game. 
I think the 2020 dawg Oline is better than that 2016 line. Either way, have to keep the turnovers down. 4 turnovers in 2016 and still won. That’s not gonna happen a lot.

I remember this quite well.  We just couldn't move their defenders.  It was as if their cleats had super glue on the bottom.

7 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Yep and they only had one whole game and it was the difference  maker 

3 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Yep and they only had one whole game and it was the difference  maker 

Yeah, I questioned that call. I don’t guess I have a problem trying to sneak a pass in for a big gain, but I think you tell the qb to throw it away if it isn’t wide open.