HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs China Spring  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • China Spring

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

That was brutal. Great win. Good luck on y'alls way to state.

Ya'll boys fought hard to the end.  I was impressed with the running back.  One tough dude. QB too.  He took a vicious hit that caused him to fumble the ball but he finished the game.  Better luck next time this year's Dawgs are just a different breed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Great ball game Dawgs.

I just found out the Dawgs return 9 starters on defense next year, that includes all three linebackers. WOW!!!!

China Spring played hard the whole ball game, congrats on your season.

Any team that makes it to December has a darn good football team.

2020 DAWGS are a well oiled machine, special teams, defense, and offense.

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

What grade is 56 in this year ?...…...What grade is 7 in this year ?...……...What grade is 16 in this year ?...……...What grade is 1 in this year ?

13 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

That is what the guys from Kgas said last night. 

4 seniors started on defense last night.   #13 was a starter before injury and he is a junior - but #13 just played offense last night.  
Larry Allen is top notch.  He may have misspoken last night but on multi occasions he has bragged on #7 for playing on JV last year as a junior at his request, to get better.  And that is true.  

32 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

🤷‍♀️

Dennis_Green.png

Should be a much closer game next year.  Carthage’s defense in 2021 has the potential to be better than 2020. But more than likely, the offense won’t be quiet as good.  China Spring should be better in 2021. 

A few things I enjoyed seeing last night are:

Kip Lewis - holy cow, not just the massive hit on Bowden to force him to fumble, but his play throughout the game. Every week Lewis is switched on and seems to never have a poor game. His body language is always positive and you can see the talent oozing out of him as he is tracking to the ball carrier. Fantastic player.

Hatten - the receiver had a drop and then had a TD catch knocked out of his hands. The game went on and CS had gained some momentum. The Dawgs ran a perfectly timed/called flee flicker that Horton overthrew slightly. Hatten turned on his jets and made a great diving catch to swing the momentum back to the Bulldogs. He made a huge play when the Dawgs needed it. He has been a big boost to the offense all year.

Courtney - He actually had some ball security issues last night, but my gosh that dude is one heck of a running back. I love how Surratt goes right back to him giving him the chance to do better and almost forcing him to. Courtney was awesome last night and the OL really created huge holes to run through in the second half.

Montrell Smith - He’s the best TE we’ve had since 2009 with Trevor Murphy. Smith has great hands, blocks well, has a big frame and is quick for a big guy. Makes big plays in key moments. 

Braden Wade - Made his return and looked good making several catches one of which was on 3rd & long. That catch was all him, because Horton threw it way high and hard, Wade went up and got it. 

China Spring - Played hard, have some good players just need to have the ability to pass out of that offense. I like the scheme and the ability to run the option out of it. Mix in some short, quick passes and they’ll be deep in the playoffs again next year. 

Did not enjoy seeing:

Bad for CS, your HC / coaches in general.. What a bunch of whining guys they were last night. Yes, there were a few calls that seemed not to go CS’s way early, but my goodness. Yelling at the refs constantly, way out on the field and actually delaying the play on the field with their chewing of the refs. Not a good look.

24 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Should be a much closer game next year.  Carthage’s defense in 2021 has the potential to be better than 2020. But more than likely, the offense won’t be quiet as good.  China Spring should be better in 2021. 

Assuming Roquemore will be the starting QB next year. He’s made some good throws throughout the season in mop up duty and that dude can fly!

You talk about an added dimension to the offense..

We’ve not had a true dual threat QB in quite a few years. Horton can run, don’t get me wrong, but Roq is super athletic and fast.

Will be fun to see the next version of the Carthage Bulldogs, BUT we’re not ready for that yet!

We have further business to take care of this season!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

A few things I enjoyed seeing last night are:

Kip Lewis - holy cow, not just the massive hit on Bowden to force him to fumble, but his play throughout the game. Every week Lewis is switched on and seems to never have a poor game. His body language is always positive and you can see the talent oozing out of him as he is tracking to the ball carrier. Fantastic player.

Hatten - the receiver had a drop and then had a TD catch knocked out of his hands. The game went on and CS had gained some momentum. The Dawgs ran a perfectly timed/called flee flicker that Horton overthrew slightly. Hatten turned on his jets and made a great diving catch to swing the momentum back to the Bulldogs. He made a huge play when the Dawgs needed it. He has been a big boost to the offense all year.

Courtney - He actually had some ball security issues last night, but my gosh that dude is one heck of a running back. I love how Surratt goes right back to him giving him the chance to do better and almost forcing him to. Courtney was awesome last night and the OL really created huge holes to run through in the second half.

Montrell Smith - He’s the best TE we’ve had since 2009 with Trevor Murphy. Smith has great hands, blocks well, has a big frame and is quick for a big guy. Makes big plays in key moments. 

Braden Wade - Made his return and looked good making several catches one of which was on 3rd & long. That catch was all him, because Horton threw it way high and hard, Wade went up and got it. 

China Spring - Played hard, have some good players just need to have the ability to pass out of that offense. I like the scheme and the ability to run the option out of it. Mix in some short, quick passes and they’ll be deep in the playoffs again next year. 

Did not enjoy seeing:

Bad for CS, your HC / coaches in general.. What a bunch of whining guys they were last night. Yes, there were a few calls that seemed not to go CS’s way early, but my goodness. Yelling at the refs constantly, way out on the field and actually delaying the play on the field with their chewing of the refs. Not a good look.

I agree. We have a young coaching staff now. I'm thankful my son was able to be coached under Old Bell. We've been out of the football loop for a couple of years, we just started watching again this year because of the playoff run.

It's just different. Our team doesn't seem as disciplined as it used to be. Maybe I'm just living in the past 🤷‍♀️.

I don't think we've EVER lost a game like that.  I think it was eye opening for everyone. I went in knowing this was probably going to be the last game. But I didn't know we were going to have our *ss*so handed to us on a silver platter.

28 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

I agree. We have a young coaching staff now. I'm thankful my son was able to be coached under Old Bell. We've been out of the football loop for a couple of years, we just started watching again this year because of the playoff run.

It's just different. Our team doesn't seem as disciplined as it used to be. Maybe I'm just living in the past 🤷‍♀️.

I don't think we've EVER lost a game like that.  I think it was eye opening for everyone. I went in knowing this was probably going to be the last game. But I didn't know we were going to have our *ss*so handed to us on a silver platter.

We understand CS never having lost a game like it did last night. This 2020 team, the 2017 team, the 2013 team and the 2010 team are just a notch above the other Carthage state championship winning teams. I wouldn’t take that game last night so hard.
This Bulldog team is really good and CS legitimately made a push and challenged Carthage in the first half. CS made the Dawgs earn that halftime lead and has zero to hang their heads about.

I am glad you’ve reengaged and I think you’re right about the previous staff had a more disciplined team.

CS from top to bottom seemed to be hotheaded. The main culprits were the HC and #12.

Hey, is backup QB / punter #11 a sophomore or junior? I ask, because he seems to be a better passer than Bowden. At least in warmups 11 looked good and made better throws than #2. Then in the game Bowden had poor passes every time they attempted a pass. 
Carthage now has 22 interceptions on the year after intercepting Bowden in the second half. 

On 11/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

This game should be “Cardiac Football” like I have been wanting to see all year;  4A Div 2 does not have the level of competition worthy of Surratt’s Dawgs who are just now starting to be challenged.

BS!!