Franklin (district 13 1 seed) vs Buffalo (District 13 2 seed) Region 4 final Waco isd 7:30 pm Friday

lionpride08

33 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

Watched on NFHS, got to say the kid is a REALLY good player and I've enjoyed watching him and 13-AAA a lot during the playoffs, but without him at 100% this game could get nasty, quick.

Even with a lot of teams in the district returning key kids., Franklin's window appears to be wide open for at least the next few years after watching NFHS videos of your sub-varsity and JHs.

The JV was alot of freshman and sophomores. Then we also have a JV B team that was getting reps. The 8th grade is really good and we have some play makers on the 7th grade as well. Almost all of the varsity comeback next year as well. This district has been fun and has helped us in the long run. I hope the buffalo qb is okay for the game friday

On 11/30/2020 at 2:20 PM, hwy35tigers said:

What a totally hijacked thread. I'll take Franklin to win Friday by 25. Thought results would be closer this time, but the Hoffman kid (Buffalo's QB) played much of last quarter of Friday's game on a bad ankle after being tackled on a scramble.

He has two broken toes!!! 

• Thumbs Down 1

On 12/2/2020 at 9:44 PM, lionpride08 said:

Gonna be hard for him to be the scrambler that he is. They might try to add extra protection for him

He broke the two toes before last week and then twisted his ankle Friday! The foot is black and blue. But he will play!!! 

2 hours ago, bigj said:

He broke the two toes before last week and then twisted his ankle Friday! The foot is black and blue. But he will play!!! 

All i know is franklin will be ready for a 100% healthy buffalo team. Even if he is hurt he will be treated as if he is 100% healthy

Final Franklin 56 Buffalo 33.

Couple of quick observations:

1) Franklin plays like they did tonight they will not fair well next week. Still a great running team, but will have to pass some against the next level of competition. I know Washington is the big recruit, but Murphy is a man.

2. Hoffman is one tough kid. He was badly limping for final 3 quarters but according to the radio broadcast over the NFHS stream he passed for 297 and 3. He had so much tape on that foot, it looked like a fiberglass cast.

Keep it up Franklin.

7 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

1) Franklin plays like they did tonight they will not fair well next week. Still a great running team, but will have to pass some against the next level of competition. I know Washington is the big recruit, but Murphy is a man.

2. Hoffman is one tough kid. He was badly limping for final 3 quarters but according to the radio broadcast over the NFHS stream he passed for 297 and 3. He had so much tape on that foot, it looked like a fiberglass cast.

Keep it up Franklin.

I agree we cant come out like that again or we will get blown out

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

Keep it up Franklin.

Franklin moved the ball all night with no punts. The turnovers is what killed Franklin which is unlike them. I agree they will need to pass more next week tho

11 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I agree we cant come out like that again or we will get blown out

I actually was at the game and got called over by Coach Fannin's parents. Was a humbling honor that they recognized me and wanted to talk to me - They're great folks! But I told them, and I told my buddy Mike - If I was a player I woulda been at the fieldhouse this morning waiting for the coaches to get there, and I'da told 'em, "I'm here to do tackling drills." I legitimately started to wonder if the Buffalo players had sprayed their uniforms down with non-stick cooking spray. Between the fumbles and the poor tackling, that game should've been over in the first half. I hope these kids don't get to thinking, "Hey, we had four TOs and missed all these tackles and we still beat opponents!"  Because sooner or later some team, especially a team like Waskom, Gunter, or Canadian, is gonna not let them get away with it.

8 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I actually was at the game and got called over by Coach Fannin's parents. Was a humbling honor that they recognized me and wanted to talk to me - They're great folks! But I told them, and I told my buddy Mike - If I was a player I woulda been at the fieldhouse this morning waiting for the coaches to get there, and I'da told 'em, "I'm here to do tackling drills." I legitimately started to wonder if the Buffalo players had sprayed their uniforms down with non-stick cooking spray. Between the fumbles and the poor tackling, that game should've been over in the first half. I hope these kids don't get to thinking, "Hey, we had four TOs and missed all these tackles and we still beat opponents!"  Because sooner or later some team, especially a team like Waskom, Gunter, or Canadian, is gonna not let them get away with it.

I agree we had a poor game last night and got lucky to come away with a win.... Had we played Franklin football from start to finish we blow them out

16 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I agree we had a poor game last night and got lucky to come away with a win.... Had we played Franklin football from start to finish we blow them out

Well, there's a lot of youth on that team. There was a lot of letting receivers get free, and half the time a defender got a free shot atshoat QB they ran straight at him and he juked 'em, even with a bad foot. At some point guys needed to figure out to pull up and keep from running right past him. Just all stuff coaches need to address in practice. But the tackling was atrocious. 

Also - and this has gotten bad in Yoe Nation too - The crowd has got to make more noise on defensive third and fourth downs. A crowd really can screw a team up and cause false starts and missed adjustment calls. We used to do it all the time.

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

Well, there's a lot of youth on that team. There was a lot of letting receivers get free, and half the time a defender got a free shot atshoat QB they ran straight at him and he juked 'em, even with a bad foot. At some point guys needed to figure out to pull up and keep from running right past him. Just all stuff coaches need to address in practice. But the tackling was atrocious. 

Also - and this has gotten bad in Yoe Nation too - The crowd has got to make more noise on defensive third and fourth downs. A crowd really can screw a team up and cause false starts and missed adjustment calls. We used to do it all the time.

I agree i know I seen a lot of trucks and cars up at the field house this morning

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 12:28 PM, lionpride08 said:

I agree i know I seen a lot of trucks and cars up at the field house this morning

Bro... I didn't get to watch the game. There's a truck stop in Cameron I slept at when I was homeless a couple years ago and I went there to watch it on the TV in the truckers' lounge, but apparently their satellite doesn't carry Fox Sports SW anymore. So I went to the library and sat on the steps to yse their wifi to keep up with Mike's FB updates. By tge time I got there Canadian was already up 14-0.

We all know what that means for a running offense against a spread. Not good.

But then Franklin started coming back. And I'm pacing on the steps... Next thing you know, tied at 21. Then Canadian goes up 28-21. Franklin ties again. 

Then there it is - Franklin goes up 34-28, with 1:11 left! I'm surprised the cops didn't called after this. First, I'm like "Okay, did the kicker miss the XP or did they fail a 2 pt conversion? JUST DON'T LET THEM GET A RECEIVER PAST YOU!!!" 

And the next thing I know it's 35-34. 

Bro, the exact same thing happened to Yoe when we played Daingerfield in 2010.

If you have any contact in the program, tell those boys - USE IT. For championship teams, "No days off" doesn't apply just to the fall. A couple years ago, Rockdale had seven freshmen on varsity, four started. This year, with seniors like Cam'ron Valdez and Keshawn Raven, they should've been a hell of a lot better than they were. Just because you've got young players with starting experience... Never take anything for granted.

I am really looking forward to the next couple seasons in Franklin...

120287004_778577482957456_5014989732002072140_o.jpg