Pleasant Grove football

Texlov

21 hours ago, Texlov said:

micotrav, PG started the season with 6 or 7 D1 recruits, and finished with 1. Caddo Mills isn't close to be the team PG was August. That's all I was trying to say. I've congratulated Caddo Mills and I wish them luck, because they will need it down the road.

6 or 7 D1 recruits.   SMH.   PG has 3 commits and 1 that may or may not qualify.  Not 2-3 more D1 dudes.   If so please fill us in.

Jackson - LSU

Burris - A&M

Martin - OK St

Phillips - TBA

On 11/29/2020 at 12:15 PM, micotrav said:

PG has a good football squad.  But if you hang your hat on one player to make it all the way, I just don't think you make it all the way.  PG was trying to outcoach Caddo Mills and it was a great battle between the two head coaches. In my opinion, and I agree that my opinion and a couple of bucks will not buy you a cup of coffee, but in my opinion the team that goes to the Big Show, is the well rounded team from top to bottom.  Not one great player, but several good players, like at least 8 or 9 on both sides of the ball. If one very good player goes down, then the rest take up that slack. PG was gassed at the end of the game against Caddo Mills.  If the Caddo Mills QB does not get past that one player, the game is over.  He then dodged and darted past three other PG players to score. It was a very athletic run by Townley, the QB, but he was able to spread the defense that was anticipating the pass.  And PG does not need to hang their head, they played a very good football team and believe me, PG will be back next year and they will return a great team. 

very good team...they need to start looking for some fresh meat...Bux are hungry

On 11/30/2020 at 10:30 AM, TexasFootballGuru said:

They will definitely be ranked in the Top 10! probably 5th or 6. The only losses are to the two likely State Champions in Argyle and Carthage and in the last seconds to two top 5 teams Gilmer and Caddo Mills. Considering all the adversity they faced this season Id say that is a heck of a record and yes they are still a very good football team

Rankings don't mean squat...size don't matter...it's the way you swing the big stick