Mart vs Tenaha

bigtank05

Hard to believe it was 11 years ago since these 2 last played.  Tenaha with 3 state appearances since then and Mart with many state titles some in division 1 and some in division 2.  Tenaha can be consistently good at the division 2 level while mart is constantly great.  2 different programs really.   Greatness is something Tenaha aspires to and Mart firmly grasps.  Much respect.   

3 minutes ago, SloppyJoe said:

I'm thinking the last time these two teams played Mart won with a late 48 yard field goal. Pretty sure the Tigers were an underdog then too.

That’s cool......and also last time. The only team that was going to hang with Mart was Hamlin, then they lost their starting RB and were knocked out. 

Anything can happen, I just don’t see it this time. Mart would end the year top 3 in 2a D1, and most likely top 5/6 in 3a D2

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigtank05 said:

Probably by 3. That team went to state and wasnt that good but had great coaching and a field goal kicker.  The fastest team didn't win. 

That mart team didn't get to state. They lost the following week to Cayuga when Shead was a junior.   Unless I'm mistaken.   

• Crawford changed the title to Mart vs Tenaha