Ref gets assaulted after ejecting player.

BlahBlah

This is one time I make no apology for talking about the "kid."  He's a grown man and should suffer the same consequences as a man.  This is a thug pure and simple.  Thug mentality.  Make the penalty as harsh as it can be.  That ref is old enough to be a grandfather.  Absolutely zero tolerance and no excuse could make this even semi-understandable.

• Thanks 4

Is this a growing trend? We saw a similar incident in San Antonio a couple of years ago. It may be a little early to be bringing this up, but if this is a trend, how do you police it? “Nip it in the bud” so to speak? Obviously, penalties against that particular player aren’t going to work, because he has no regard for how his actions affect his team. Does there need to be a rule in place so coaches think about the type kids they’re putting on the field? Like maybe awarding the win to the opposing team and forcing a forfeit in the next game as well? Idk. I know a lot of coaches like having kids “with an edge”, but in some cases, its walking a very thin line. This cannot be allowed to continue. Officials are hard to come by as it is. We can’t allow them to be targeted in this manner. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

This is one time I make no apology for talking about the "kid."  He's a grown man and should suffer the same consequences as a man.  This is a thug pure and simple.  Thug mentality.  Make the penalty as harsh as it can be.  That ref is old enough to be a grandfather.  Absolutely zero tolerance and no excuse could make this even semi-understandable.

I agree...........When a player gets grabbed/kicked in a pile and immediately gets up and stomps on an arm or leg, that is very bad but at least it was an instant reaction...........in this instance, he was sent to the sideline, the ref made the pretty long explanation of the penalties and then the player charged him - he had PLENTY of time to think about the consequences.  

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

6 months probation and 80 hours of picking up trash along the highways just might be a strong enough punishment to make this young man think about the consequences of his actions. 

Try him as an adult & charge him with assault with bodily harm & give him a Real Dose of Reality.