Tyler High

cujoforlife

I would like to see him talk his way out of this. Your job is based on you winning. Not just helping kids be better men in the future. If you can’t keep players in the program you’re not teaching them to better men, because they don’t want to listen to you. 

Lots of players returning next yr. 

On Off...4 or 5 Olineman return, all the WRs return, along with McFall and Lacy at RB.  QB will probably be Sanchez...but who knows

On Def...They return 3 guys who saw time on Dline, one was a Fresh and other a Soph..  3 LBs return..and Williams return at CB along with Tatum at Safety.

Unfortunately, despite the returning talent, this team didn't get better during the season.  I saw lots of individual talent, but as a team I saw nothing to look forward too. The Oline coach left in spring, the new one wasn't great.  The JV is terrible, although there are a few individual decent players.  And there is no freshman team.

So what is there to look forward too....NOTHING.   Maybe they go 3-7/4-6 next yr and get 4th playoff spot.  Otherwise, not very positive about upcoming yr unless we get a big time qb and some new coaches.

No idea on y’all’s schedule next season, but unless something changes, it’ll be more of the same.

Wylie East improved a lot last year, despite their record. Easily could’ve beaten Tyler this season.

Sherman looks like they’ll be down after this season with their sub varsity results. West surely will get better?

It has to be fighting for that 4th place spot or out of the post season again.

I was shocked at the lack of fight last night. After the game, the players looked just happy the season was over. Jumping up and down, laughing. Was a bizarre sight for a Cujo team.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

No idea on y’all’s schedule next season, but unless something changes, it’ll be more of the same.

Wylie East improved a lot last year, despite their record. Easily could’ve beaten Tyler this season.

Sherman looks like they’ll be down after this season with their sub varsity results. West surely will get better?

It has to be fighting for that 4th place spot or out of the post season again.

I was shocked at the lack of fight last night. After the game, the players looked just happy the season was over. Jumping up and down, laughing. Was a bizarre sight for a Cujo team.

They don’t want to play for Holmes man. TISD really purposely wants Tyler to lose if they let Holmes stay. 

11 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I would like to see him talk his way out of this. Your job is based on you winning. Not just helping kids be better men in the future. If you can’t keep players in the program you’re not teaching them to better men, because they don’t want to listen to you. 

Yea he likes to bump his chest about what he does for kids outside of football. Which that’s cool and all but your MAIN objective is to win games not get brownie points LOL. He has lost sight of that because he can’t coach really. 

10 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Lots of players returning next yr. 

On Off...4 or 5 Olineman return, all the WRs return, along with McFall and Lacy at RB.  QB will probably be Sanchez...but who knows

On Def...They return 3 guys who saw time on Dline, one was a Fresh and other a Soph..  3 LBs return..and Williams return at CB along with Tatum at Safety.

Unfortunately, despite the returning talent, this team didn't get better during the season.  I saw lots of individual talent, but as a team I saw nothing to look forward too. The Oline coach left in spring, the new one wasn't great.  The JV is terrible, although there are a few individual decent players.  And there is no freshman team.

So what is there to look forward too....NOTHING.   Maybe they go 3-7/4-6 next yr and get 4th playoff spot.  Otherwise, not very positive about upcoming yr unless we get a big time qb and some new coaches.

Sad all that talent has potential to compete for a district title and it will all go to waist because of terrible coaching 

It's hard to win when you only have 17 seniors on your team. I expect that from a small school but not from a 5a D1 school. Especially one with so much history as JT. Hopefully some changes are made to where they can get their numbers up respectfully. I just read where Lee has 41 seniors on their roster. It makes a big difference. 

11 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea he likes to bump his chest about what he does for kids outside of football. Which that’s cool and all but your MAIN objective is to win games not get brownie points LOL. He has lost sight of that because he can’t coach really. 

I defended him as long as I possibly could because of his results. 

Thread should of been about both Tyler and Legacy....cause I'm interested to know what direction both take after this...

Legacy was actually the biggest head scratcher between the two for me this year. I always said Tyler was gonna be bad before the season started.... but Legacy had hired a winning coach.... and had as much talent all over that team as they've had in 10 years. And a .500 season is all you could muster?

I'll give em the slight benefit of the doubt because it aint easy learning a new system during a pandemic. But next year....I expect something stronger. 7-8 wins shouldnt be too much to ask.

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Thread should of been about both Tyler and Legacy....cause I'm interested to know what direction both take after this...

Legacy was actually the biggest head scratcher between the two for me this year. I always said Tyler was gonna be bad before the season started.... but Legacy had hired a winning coach.... and had as much talent all over that team as they've had in 10 years. And a .500 season is all you could muster?

I'll give em the slight benefit of the doubt because it aint easy learning a new system during a pandemic. But next year....I expect something stronger. 7-8 wins shouldnt be too much to ask.

With the talent Tyler has they should have been in the running for a second or third but bad coaching on both sides of the ball and no qb will screw the season again 

They didn't  have that much talent. Especially to compete for 2nd.

Lee was qb away from being a good team. 

With the offenses both teams run, you need a good qb. Pinkard was doing good at 1st. JT just played better teams than them.

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

My opinion only.......

Tyler has always had exceptional talent and the majority of that talent wasn't coached, it just was. Then, all that talent that comes out of Tyler started going other places. That is when the coaches had to show what they were made of, they couldn't. It is easy to coach exceptional, football minded kids. You just let them loose and they do what they do. Then you have kids that NEED to be coached to get better. They don't have anyone teaching them. In any interview I have ever seen, the coaching staff has never taken the blame for any of this. It is sad that these kids have not been given any direction to be better players. It is also sad to me that these kids have not gotten a fair shake. 

Just my .02 cents.

GO LOBOS!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

My opinion only.......

Tyler has always had exceptional talent and the majority of that talent wasn't coached, it just was. Then, all that talent that comes out of Tyler started going other places. That is when the coaches had to show what they were made of, they couldn't. It is easy to coach exceptional, football minded kids. You just let them loose and they do what they do. Then you have kids that NEED to be coached to get better. They don't have anyone teaching them. In any interview I have ever seen, the coaching staff has never taken the blame for any of this. It is sad that these kids have not been given any direction to be better players. It is also sad to me that these kids have not gotten a fair shake. 

Just my .02 cents.

GO LOBOS!

It’s true it’s starts at the top when your head coach doesn’t hold himself accountable why would the other coaches. Holmes makes it seem like it can’t be him it HAS to be something else but not him smh. 

52 minutes ago, VonG said:

They didn't  have that much talent. Especially to compete for 2nd.

Lee was qb away from being a good team. 

With the offenses both teams run, you need a good qb. Pinkard was doing good at 1st. JT just played better teams than them.

They did with a legit QB. But that’s just my opinion especially if they have a legit QB for next season they definitely would

2 hours ago, VonG said:

It's hard to win when you only have 17 seniors on your team. I expect that from a small school but not from a 5a D1 school. Especially one with so much history as JT. Hopefully some changes are made to where they can get their numbers up respectfully. I just read where Lee has 41 seniors on their roster. It makes a big difference. 

We have Todd Quick’s staff and 13 sophomores playing on Varsity. Only 24 seniors on our roster which not even half of those are starters. We still managed to finish 3rd in district with 6 wins. That’s not an excuse. 

2 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

We have Todd Quick’s staff and 13 sophomores playing on Varsity. Only 24 seniors on our roster which not even half of those are starters. We still managed to finish 3rd in district with 6 wins. That’s not an excuse. 

They taking up for bad coaching hinge why Holmes is still the coach. NO ACCOUNTABILITY. 

1 hour ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

My opinion only.......

Just my .02 cents.

GO LOBOS!

84, I'm starting to think you live in Tyler....LOL 

You hit it right on the money.  I have never heard the coach say, he needed to do a better job.  

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

That's funny. Packattack said if I remember correctly y'all had 34 seniors and 32 juniors with like 11 sophomores. Y'all had 70+ kids on your varsity this year. JT barely had half of that. 

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Sad all that talent has potential to compete for a district title and it will all go to waist because of terrible coaching 

don't think they were good enough to compete for district title, but should have easily got 3rd.

Honestly, Cujo was the worst team in East Texas 5a this yr...and I'm talking Div.1 And Div.2.  I'm sure Nac would have ended the losing streak this yr and Mt Pleasant alot better than Tyler High. I'm not sure they would have beat Jax or Hallsville.  Very bad yr.  Subvarsity was bad.  

Sometimes change is needed.  Doesn't mean you failed, it just means means that its time to move on. Unless there is major change, I think things have run its course.

13 minutes ago, VonG said:

That's funny. Packattack said if I remember correctly y'all had 34 seniors and 32 juniors with like 11 sophomores. Y'all had 70+ kids on your varsity this year. JT barely had half of that. 

He was mistaken. There were only 24 seniors honored on senior night last night. He said that himself this morning on our forum. We have 7-9 sophomores basically starting or playing a lot of snaps. Maybe I counted and heard wrong but I thought there were 13 Sophs. Maybe there is 11. But pretty much all 11 decide our success. 

21 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

84, I'm starting to think you live in Tyler....LOL 

You hit it right on the money.  I have never heard the coach say, he needed to do a better job.  

I do not live in Tyler. And the team formally known as JT is my #1 team to hate, believe that. But, I also hate to see a once very proud program, be turned into what it is now. And the blame lies entirely with the coaching staff.  They are supposed to be the leaders....the shepherds so to speak. If they can't lead, the herd fails. That means is the coaching staff can't get it together the administration needs to step in...if that fails....you need to clean house, top to bottom and start from scratch. Those kids deserve better.

Like I said, just how I see it.

Go Lobos!

15 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

He was mistaken. There were only 24 seniors honored on senior night last night. He said that himself this morning on our forum. We have 7-9 sophomores basically starting or playing a lot of snaps. Maybe I counted and heard wrong but I thought there were 13 Sophs. Maybe there is 11. But pretty much all 11 decide our success. 

You still had 76 players on your varsity pictures. That means you had a large junior class. Something JT hasn't had in years. I also want to know what excuses I was making.