Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 01:30 AM

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Goodness.

My reasoning: I have no confidence. I’m trying to find some positives. Our Offensive line can’t block Longview. Which is gonna put the defense (who is already gonna struggle to stop that run) on the field a lot. I can see it being close for a half maybe. But Longview will wear this pack team down and take over. Those runs will come bigger, and easier as the game goes on. As for Lufkin, the offense will have to work for every yard they gain. In the end, that normally results in a blowout. 

But don’t mind me. I’ve just been the A-hole fan that’s been hard on Lufkin all year lol... Just tired of lookin at it honestly. 

On 12/5/2020 at 4:51 PM, kingwolf said:

Interesting couple of Lufkin games recently without the RB.  Do Lufkin fans think you guys have anyone who can cover Hale 1:1 that has been pretty solid all year?

Nope but hopefully the Longview QB struggles throwing it to him. Im not expecting much from Lufkin in this one. They're are more worried about running their mouth then playing football.  Team captains are poor leaders. 

17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Goodness.

He's just keeping it real. Lufkin is a young football team. It might be close for a quarter but Longview should roll big in this one. I do agree Moore will probably throw it 50+ times. Unless half of the Lobos show up with covid McManus should have his full basketball team come Monday. 

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

It can be on YouTube as well? I thought the school lost all the rights to playoff games?

Lol, well, I hope so...  we've already had two production meetings where we've planned out the logistics. 

If we ain't streaming, someone better let us know PDQ.  :woot:

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

On 12/6/2020 at 12:30 AM, Pack007 said:

Credit has been solid this year, But I’m sure Hale will still get his yards. He doesn’t really have the size and experience, but we will see..

Credit is going to be a good one. I played with his dad on the 04 team.  Good kid. Lufkin is taking lumps now but the future very bright.  

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

He's just keeping it real. Lufkin is a young football team. It might be close for a quarter but Longview should roll big in this one. I do agree Moore will probably throw it 50+ times. Unless half of the Lobos show up with covid McManus should have his full basketball team come Monday. 

Yea....I don’t like picking a rival over my team, but i just don’t feel confident at all picking Lufkin or even picking a close football game. I just hope for the best. 

At least North Shore and the Steelers are playing well this season, because LSU and Lufkin are giving me heartburn..

6 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Yea....I don’t like picking a rival over my team, but i just don’t feel confident at all picking Lufkin or even picking a close football game. I just hope for the best. 

At least North Shore and the Steelers are playing well this season, because LSU and Lufkin are giving me heartburn..

Yeah bruh. At least we’re gonna lose to a team with an actual name Friday.... 😏

51 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Pulling for Longview but honestly hope this is competitive. I have my doubts.

It's a big rivalry game, it should be competitive.

Longview needs to continue to work on not making avoidable mistakes, and avoiding the penalties.

Things have been really good since the 21-day break, but we've faced two horrendously awful teams. Lufkin is not awful. Are they the Lufkin of old? Definitely not.

But Texas High walking into Abe Martin last season and knocking off Lufkin should be all we need as a reminder of what can happen if we don't show up to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Gametyme said:

He's just keeping it real.

Definitely. Like I said, I don’t expect much. If they just compete I’ll feel much better. I wanna have something positive to take into the off season. The thing is, knowing how big of a underdog Lufkin is, there’ll still be those people that wanna run their mouth about the beat down we’re taking if it gets to that point. And I don’t mean the Longview fan base. 

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It's a big rivalry game, it should be competitive.

Longview needs to continue to work on not making avoidable mistakes, and avoiding the penalties.

Things have been really good since the 21-day break, but we've faced two horrendously awful teams. Lufkin is not awful. Are they the Lufkin of old? Definitely not.

But Texas High walking into Abe Martin last season and knocking off Lufkin should be all we need as a reminder of what can happen if we don't show up to play.

The team that got whipped by that South Tyler school and magnolia west was awful.