Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 01:30 AM

14 hours ago, LoboFan80 said:

Yeah I looked up some of their highlights and they look dangerous. Hopefully its because of the level of competition they play on a weekly basis but it still looked scary.

Don’t be afraid Lancaster I’m telling y’all LOL at my previous posts for the last couple years. Lancaster does this every year, they beat up on bad teams in the offseason and then once the playoffs come the fold at some point usually in the first or second round. Not because the talent isn’t there, it’s because of the mental toughness and discipline is not there. The coaching is not there either, I’m sorry I think Holmes could coach this team too, because they so talented that you don’t have to do much coaching until you meet a team that can match you skill for skill which is Lancaster loses in the playoffs cause they playing them Dallas teams no more it’s the big boys now and there coaches are not X’s and O’s and that was clear when played them in 2018 playoffs and it’s been clear the last couple of years. Longview would kill Lancaster with coaching  and there physicality. Lancaster ain’t ready for that and haven’t seen a team like Longview. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don't think we get past Ryan. I think we upset Lancaster, yes. But who knows. 2020 is weird.

I don't disagree with this (though Lancaster is insane). What I meant was you said we'd see HP again had we beat them. That would've meant they got through Lancaster and Ryan. Do you think HP is better than Ryan? 

I may go to that game, if it happens. 

17 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Don’t be afraid Lancaster I’m telling y’all LOL at my previous posts for the last couple years. Lancaster does this every year, they beat up on bad teams in the offseason and then once the playoffs come the fold at some point usually in the first or second round. Not because the talent isn’t there, it’s because of the mental toughness and discipline is not there. The coaching is not there either, I’m sorry I think Holmes could coach this team too, because they so talented that you don’t have to do much coaching until you meet a team that can match you skill for skill which is Lancaster loses in the playoffs cause they playing them Dallas teams no more it’s the big boys now and there coaches are not X’s and O’s and that was clear when played them in 2018 playoffs and it’s been clear the last couple of years. Longview would kill Lancaster with coaching  and there physicality. Lancaster ain’t ready for that and haven’t seen a team like Longview. 

Oooohh I like it! 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't disagree with this (though Lancaster is insane). What I meant was you said we'd see HP again had we beat them. That would've meant they got through Lancaster and Ryan. Do you think HP is better than Ryan? 

I may go to that game, if it happens. 

Ohhh my bad. Read it wrong.

I think they're just as good, if not better, than both. Ryan is a great team. Highland Park is a great team. Lancaster is a great team.

I have no problem saying that I think Hp would've gotten past both of those. I still think they're the best O Line we will face all season, no matter if we get those two teams. Probably best QB as well.

21 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Temple will be playing there's on YouTube tonight.  There is a loop hole somewhere. 

Yep, and Coach King is strictly by the book. So we're not gonna mess around.

There's several programs around the state who are live-streaming their stuff (YouTube, Facebook Live, etc.), and as far as I know there have been no consequences...   yet.

35 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Doesn’t Longview have youth too? 

We have youth, but our big upcoming talent surge is on the freshmen team.

Only reason I think we felt hopeful this season was because 1) Kaden Meredith and 2) we dropped down.

40 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Only reason I think we felt hopeful this season was because 1) Kaden Meredith and 2) we dropped down.

I understand. I just think sometimes Lufkin and JT folks are using that as an escape from reality this season. I’m one of the guilty ones. I’m not so sure at times it has anything to do with the “sophomores” as much as it does they just aren’t that talented. 

1 minute ago, LufkinPack said:

I understand. I just think sometimes Lufkin and JT folks are using that as an escape from reality this season. I’m one of the guilty ones. I’m not so sure at times it has anything to do with the “sophomores” as much as it does they just aren’t that talented. 

Even Tyler had some talented player out there last week. But it wasn't enough. They have little to no depth, and I really don't think you can compete on this level without that.

I keep seeing Lion fans (mostly on the FSSW App) talk about the next couple years will be good cause they have so many young guys out there. Ok, but you couldn't even field a freshman squad. You're going to run into the same problem in the next year or two because you have absolutely no depth.

Lufkin, I still think it's coaching. But we'll see tonight I guess. The game will be won on the Lufkin offensive line vs Longview defensive line imo. That's our strength and it sounds like y'all's weakness. So interested to see how it turns out.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Even Tyler had some talented player out there last week. But it wasn't enough. They have little to no depth, and I really don't think you can compete on this level without that.

I keep seeing Lion fans (mostly on the FSSW App) talk about the next couple years will be good cause they have so many young guys out there. Ok, but you couldn't even field a freshman squad. You're going to run into the same problem in the next year or two because you have absolutely no depth.

Lufkin, I still think it's coaching. But we'll see tonight I guess. The game will be won on the Lufkin offensive line vs Longview defensive line imo. That's our strength and it sounds like y'all's weakness. So interested to see how it turns out.

Oh I definitely agree with you. Lufkin, to me, just has so consistency. Sometimes I think it’s the discipline here. If these kids get no discipline at home then they definitely aren’t going to listen to coaches and teachers at school. Then other times, as we all know, the play calling from the coaches just confuse the heck out of you. Then every now and then, there is a game where I think the game planning was perfect, but the kids can’t execute. It just comes by position. Like the offensive line. I know coach quick can see how atrocious they are. So is it coach cook or is it the kids? They just look slow and lazy to me. Some things you can’t coach. But they literally have no clue on how to pick up a blitz and I think those things are the coaching. I don’t think coach quick truly does everything he can that’s best for the team. Whether that’s benching a senior for someone younger, or firing a staff member that’s not getting it done. It’s just copy and paste. Over and over and over. Lufkin is a 5A D1 school being ran like a 2A. It’s pathetic. But, like you said. I guess we’ll find out a little more tonight. I’m only excited for one reason and that’s to see where they stand from week 1 to now. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I’m not one of them, those people are usually friends of Holmes or they have kid on the team so they don’t wanna end up like Ford LOL. Then again we have one of the most delusional fan bases outside the cowboys fan base and hence why we still have the same coach

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

1. Dropdown (even though I think we still would've at least won our district in 6A, 3 rounds deep).

2. Kaden Meredith AND Markevion Haynes

3. Solid front 7/run defense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Lufkin O Line "Hold my beer"

I'm not gonna lie, that OL is among the worst I've seen all year.

There's a chance Moore and those WRs could have success tonight but it wont matter if that OL continues to get blown by like that.

Man our best WRs are young guys.

Obviously Hale, but you have two other sophomore WRs in Amarian Hamilton and JT Wright (6'3 190).

Hamilton was heavily involved at the beginning of the year before he got hurt vs West Brook.

Another talented underclassmen at the skill position is Dekalen Taylor...who Lobo fans finally caught a glimpse of last week. He's the biggest kept secret on the team if its not Fairchild.

• Like 1