Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 01:30 AM

Longview just has to not turn the ball over. And not taking the ridiculously stupid penalties we took during the Temple and Highland Park games. Thankfully, we haven't done that too often recently, but still worrisome on that front.

9 false starts will forever haunt me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview just has to not turn the ball over. And not taking the ridiculously stupid penalties we took during the Temple and Highland Park games. Thankfully, we haven't done that too often recently, but still worrisome on that front.

9 false starts will forever haunt me.

I hope you have 19 false starts and 5 turnovers. I’m sure we’d still blow it by calling a flea flicker at the goal line in overtime or something 🤦🏻‍♂️

• LOL! 4

I hope everyone is safe who travels. 

If Longview takes care of business, they should win pretty handily. That said Longview has been known to NOT take care of business in the playoffs and this season, inexplicably. 

Plus, I have no delusions about us beating Lancaster or Denton Ryan. But first thing's first- Lufkin at Lobo Stadium. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I hope everyone is safe who travels. 

If Longview takes care of business, they should win pretty handily. That said Longview has been known to NOT take care of business in the playoffs and this season, inexplicably. 

Plus, I have no delusions about us beating Lancaster or Denton Ryan. But first thing's first- Lufkin at Lobo Stadium. 

Problem with this matchup is even when it looks like it should be lopsided, it ends up being close. Nature of the rivalry.

I voted Longview in a blowout but can see it being somewhat close as well....but I definitely dont see Longview losing it.

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Problem with this matchup is even when it looks like it should be lopsided, it ends up being close. Nature of the rivalry.

I voted Longview in a blowout but can see it being somewhat close as well....but I definitely dont see Longview losing it.

Yep. All bets are off when these teams play, especially in the playoffs. Remember in 2014 when they won the first matchup 44-14 and in the playoffs looked like they were going to romp us again, leading 28-0? They had literally outscored us 72-14 to that point in the season, but then we outscored them 43-14 in the last 2.5 quarters. Anything can happen.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. All bets are off when these teams play, especially in the playoffs. Remember in 2014 when they won the first matchup 44-14 and in the playoffs looked like they were going to romp us again, leading 28-0? They had literally outscored us 72-14 to that point in the season, but then we outscored them 43-14 in the last 2.5 quarters. Anything can happen.

Nature of the rivalry.

I mean stick that Lufkin roster and coaching staff in North Mesquite gear....this is a route.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quick said:

Do you reside in the North Shore school zone now?

Naw...several of my cousins played for them since 02. And I really became a fan after they came to Lufkin in the 08 season and invited me (a few of their fans on 6A forum) to a few games in the Houston area. We’re not 6A D1 or a rival, so i don’t see a problem with pulling for them. 

Just now, Pack007 said:

Naw...several of my cousins played for them since 02. And I really became a fan after they came to Lufkin in the 08 season and invited me (a few of their fans on 6A forum) to a few games in the Houston area. We’re not 6A D1 or a rival, so i don’t see a problem with pulling for them. 

None at all. I have family that went to Denton Ryan so I pull for them a lot. We’re allowed to root for other schools lol.. 

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Longview will need to implode to loose this one. 

Agree....not confident at all in this staff and these seniors. Not just based on what I’ve seen on the field either. And Forget that rivalry bs y’all are talking about. I’ll be shocked if this one is close. But it’s 2020....

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

really? how often do we lose in the first or second round we make 3+ more times then we lose in first or second round 

1 hour ago, Oldetexfan said:

Just saw that Highland Park has a link for streaming of their game tonight against New Caney. Does that mean our game can be broadcast on Youtube like our other home games?

According to the official Longview Lobo Football website (lobosfootball.com)....

"Watch Lobos vs. Panthers live on Texan Live
The Longview vs. Lufkin playoff game will be streamed live for a fee on TexanLive.com. UIL rules prohibit LISD from providing a free streaming option. Purchase Longview vs. Lufkin game to watch live"

GO LOBOS!

1 minute ago, HobieKat said:

According to the official Longview Lobo Football website (lobosfootball.com)....

"Watch Lobos vs. Panthers live on Texan Live
The Longview vs. Lufkin playoff game will be streamed live for a fee on TexanLive.com. UIL rules prohibit LISD from providing a free streaming option. Purchase Longview vs. Lufkin game to watch live"

GO LOBOS!

That is what I thought!  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Agree....not confident at all in this staff and these seniors. Not just based on what I’ve seen on the field either. And Forget that rivalry bs y’all are talking about. I’ll be shocked if this one is close. But it’s 2020....

To see the meltdown from the Lobo faithful if they lost this one would be priceless lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

To see the meltdown from the Lobo faithful if they lost this one would be priceless lol. 

I don’t think there would be a meltdown at all. There’s glaring weaknesses on this team. And it’s 2020.

Half of our games have felt like a freakin scrimmage, so I dunno.

Nothing that happens this season shocks me. Other than if Kaden didn’t break Talley’s record Friday.

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

I think we would surprise you this year. I can only speak for myself, but I am looking at these playoffs in 2020 as an extra game we were allowed to play. For ANY team this year, nothing was promised, for sure. So each week is a different positive addition to this season that I am surprised we got to see. 

WIN, LOSE OR DRAW......

ALWAYS LOBOS!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean we're 11-2 in our last 13 playoff games but ok.

Yeah... That loss to Jesuit shouldn't have happened (defense uncharacteristically couldn't stop a nosebleed that night). Neither should the Midway loss (2 easy missed kicks in a row). 

Go back even further. Blowing the lead vs West Brook in the first round by fumbling inside their 20. 

Against Consol, 3 fumbles and an INT returned for a TD. 

Against Westlake 7 fumbles and 3 INT. 

Heck, having a punt blocked to deny us state. 

Fumbling twice and not fielding a kickoff against Lake Travis.

Losing to South Garland in 2003 & 2005 (neither should've been close games with our rosters/teams).

Five turnovers vs Lufkin in 2004. 

I get it- we've won a lot of games (can't argue with the results of the 2018 team- they got it done), but we've also lost several that we had no business losing, and I think it was more on us not taking care of business than anything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WolverBean said:

really? how often do we lose in the first or second round we make 3+ more times then we lose in first or second round 

Let's be real, though. When 4 teams make the playoff from each district, it's nothing big to make it to the 3rd round any more. Making the 3rd round can depend on getting a good draw of playing a 2-8 team in the first round and a 3-8 team in the second round. 

Also, we've been bounced in round 1/2 in 3 of the last 6 years.