The Smoakhouse Forums

Nacogdoches Vs. Huntsville

My top teams for III are:

FB Marshall

Huntsville 

Texas High 

A&M Consolidated

If I was going to predict.... I’d say FB is the favorite for the region.  But wouldn’t be shocked to see Huntsville win it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The front 4 for the Hornets including the brothers who are the DTs are plain nasty! They disrupt everything for opposing offenses 

correct.  Just like it’s you’re opinion they aren’t as good.  Kinda the purpose of a forum. 

My top teams for III are: FB Marshall Huntsville  Texas High  A&M Consolidated If I was going to predict.... I’d say FB is the favorite for the region.  But wouldn’t be sh

Some Stats for this week

Huntsville-9 Games

Scored 312 Pts Allowed 88

Avg 34.6 Pts/PG Giving up 9.7 Pts/PG

Average 126 Yds Passing

Average 179 Yds Rushing

Huntsville hasn't given up more than 17 points in a game(twice).

Closest game this season 17-12 vs Houston King

Closest District Game 23-15 vs Montgomery

Nac-8 Games

Scored 169 Points Allowed 213

Averaging 21.1 Pts/PG Giving up 26.6 Pts/PG

Average 212 Yds Passing

Average 72.4 Yards Rushing

Nacs worst Qtr is the 2nd QTR given up 63 points on the season in the 2nd Qtr(21 to PT in the 2nd Qtr-22 to Rudder-21 Points total for the other 6 Games)

Nac defense has forced 17 fumbles and 8 Ints-Defense has scored 4 times. 

59 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

FB Marshall

Huntsville 

Texas High 

A&M Consolidated

If I was going to predict.... I’d say FB is the favorite for the region.  But wouldn’t be shocked to see Huntsville win it. 

Outside of 9-5A, Texas High is unknown to the Region.  Clearly they appear to be in the top 3.  Not sure what order these teams should be. 

Huntsville wants to payback FB Marshall for taking them out 2 straight years.  Those were both winnable games for Huntsville.  That’s a potential 4th round game.

Assuming no upsets in the first 2 rounds, they would have to face Texas High in the 3rd round.  

A&M is overhyped a bit.  They are very good, but both Huntsville and Montgomery put 20 point victories on them.  Certainly they could make 3rd round, but wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t. 

Huntsville is very good, they are not flashy but very consistent well coached team. Defense is their strength, offense just gets the job done. No flash, no trickery just hard nose football.  What I have seen is that hey haven't turned their QB a loose yet and when they do he is going to be something. Good Luck to both teams, but will take the Hornets in this one.

Wishing & Hope that Nac can come away with win but Huntsville looks real good in the livestream games we have watched.

Defensive Line & LB crew looks awful good.  If Nac can somehow throw over this bunch they may have a chance.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:36 PM, WildTexan said:

Wishing & Hope that Nac can come away with win but Huntsville looks real good in the livestream games we have watched.

Defensive Line & LB crew looks awful good.  If Nac can somehow throw over this bunch they may have a chance.

Extremely difficult task but Nac  gave Texas High all they wanted. Not sure how comparable the teams are or if Texas played poorly.Good coaching put you in position for  success. 

On 12/6/2020 at 11:09 AM, Mavchamp said:

FB Marshall

Huntsville 

Texas High 

A&M Consolidated

Mavchamp,  did FB Marshall's close game with PNG change your opinion?   

35 minutes ago, Ace said:

Not much, really. 

PNG is a proud program with tons of history. They are like Nederland.... always a tough out. 

FBM is the two time defending state runner up until they aren’t imho. 

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Changed mine for sure.  I felt FB Marshall was overrated and now I know it.  The Huntsville-Texas High winner should be the Region 3 favorite.