Mount Vernon vs Jim Ned State Semi Finals

Jeepster89

Mount Vernon vs Jim Ned state semi finals   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be playing for the title?!

• Mount Vernon
    • Jim Ned

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 08:00 PM

I can’t believe reporters aren’t eating this story up.  First time MV has made it this far in the playoffs AND it’s under HC Art Briles? Are they blacklisting him and the school or what? I haven’t seen anything from any media source about any of their playoff wins.  

Guest Tiger03lb

Here's a fyi, teams that have beat Koff in the playoffs since 15' each year, have went on to the state game. I really don't like the statistic, lol. No I'm not saying that MV will win this game at all but they could very well be there in two weeks. 

50 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Because the view from the "Home" side for a football game at this baseball stadium is bad bad...50 yds from the sideline. 

I think playing at this venue is a disaster especially with the NFR going on at GLF not to mention just the bad sightlines. It sure has been nice the last several years to catch those semifinal games at The Star and i know there might be negatives there as well but i can only assume that Covid is the reasoning this game and the 4A D2 semifinal game are not in Frisco this year.

9 hours ago, Jeepster89 said:

I can’t believe reporters aren’t eating this story up.  First time MV has made it this far in the playoffs AND it’s under HC Art Briles? Are they blacklisting him and the school or what? I haven’t seen anything from any media source about any of their playoff wins.  

Have to agree. When I saw MV won last night, I had to go and search to see if Briles was still there cause I had not heard a single peep about him all season it felt like.

Best of luck to both teams!

10 hours ago, Jeepster89 said:

If we are being honest I’m sure outlets have reached out but got cold shouldered. Briles has a handler to handle his stuff and I don’t think news folks wanna talk to a handler. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Visiting team has temporary bleachers on their side right by action. Home side doesn’t. 

I was at the Celina game last nights and boy what a game! But I was in home side section 33 wasn’t too bad at all but you are right it is different but could see everything.

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

If we are being honest I’m sure outlets have reached out but got cold shouldered. Briles has a handler to handle his stuff and I don’t think news folks wanna talk to a handler. 

Plus, I'm sure there are those that believe any media attention would focus on Coach Briles and not the kids. Add to that most media still only sees Briles in a negative light and any attention on MV's storybook season would be cast in the light of their hatred for Briles.  

Sad for Coach Briles and the kids but maybe no attention is better than the stuff the media could be focusing on. 

Question for longtime MV fans. Some are stating that this season is MV's best but didn't the Tiger team in the mid to late 50's with Dandy Don go further?  Seems like in '55, '56 or '57 they had a really good team.

Jim Ned is a really good team and no one is underestimating anyone at this point of the year. Honestly, I think MV just beat the best team left in it beating Malakoff. If we play our game, Jim Ned going to need Colt McCoy to come back and play QB to beat MV. 

15 hours ago, wtxfootball said:

Rooting for Jim Ned because of Colt McCoy. Their JR running back is the best running back from R1 since that Brock RB from 15. He’s really good. Probably won’t be enough for the trickery of MV.  

Haven’t heard much from them since we played Colt in the state championship.