Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Canadian Vs Gunter, Round 5


State semi-finals  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 10:00 PM

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Defacto state title game. 

I don't even remember what it was like before the now annual Gunter vs Canadian state semi-final matchup.  Should be another good one. Gunter is averaging 49.6 per game to defenses that give up 2

16 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Here we go......

@Crawfordcan we get a poll please?

Poll is up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Picking the Tigers

Link to post
Share on other sites

This year should be a fun matchup. I view the series like this, and some might disagree.....

year 1 Gunter wins 6/10 games

year 2 Gunter wins 10/10 games

year 3 Canadian wins 6/10 games

year 4 Canadin wins 7/10(too many key players injured)

year 5........who knows. I do know this has become one of the most fun, well coached series I’ve ever seen. I’ll take my Wildcats by 10

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It honestly hard to pick a winner in this one i think it will be a slug fest and just come down to who brings there absolute best. If I had to pick im going with Canadian to me seems like their offense is hot and their defense is stout.

Canadian-35

Gunter-28

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

This year should be a fun matchup. I view the series like this, and some might disagree.....

year 1 Gunter wins 6/10 games

year 2 Gunter wins 10/10 games

year 3 Canadian wins 6/10 games

year 4 Canadin wins 7/10(too many key players injured)

year 5........who knows. I do know this has become one of the most fun, well coached series I’ve ever seen. I’ll take my Wildcats by 10

 

Styles are so different......Its like it doesnt matter who has the slightly better players.  Who is going to adjust better.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Styles are so different......Its like it doesnt matter who has the slightly better players.  Who is going to adjust better.

 

 

Completely agree. Both are slightly undersized, quick, but not East Texas “Fast”. Both offenses put their athletes in space to work. Different, but extremely similar!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going with Gunter.  They have plenty of speed. If Sloan gets the corner turned , he’s gone. Gunter does an awesome job with their o-line, and blocking on the edge.   Their defense is relentless.  I also think coach Fieszel and staff are the best at adjusting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, blueflu said:

i dont think canadian coaches are scared

I don’t think any of the 4 are.  They’re all proud and confident. All are great programs.  I just think Gunter will win. I’ve been wrong before, but rarely when it comes to the Gunter Tigers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Going with Gunter.  They have plenty of speed. If Sloan gets the corner turned , he’s gone. Gunter does an awesome job with their o-line, and blocking on the edge.   Their defense is relentless.  I also think coach Fieszel and staff are the best at adjusting. 

He is very quick. The same can be said of Huffstedler for us. It’s scary how similar the teams are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wtxfootball said:

I thought no one would be able to beat Canadian. But after watching Gunter vs Henrietta and Gunter vs Eastland live, Gunter can win. Whoever wins beats Waskom/Franklin easily. No offense to those players and community. 

I agree. Need Gunter to be slid to region 3!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to go with Canadian simply because these two seem  to beat each other year. They are well coached and offensive line's technique are really good. Both defensive lines are solid. It will be a war in the trenches with hard hitting everywhere, yet good sportsmanship on both teams. Pleasure to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

He is very quick. The same can be said of Huffstedler for us. It’s scary how similar the teams are. 

Yes sir. 2 of the best programs. All 4 semi-finalists are very good.  Can’t wait for the next two weeks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...