Jump to content

Canadian Vs Gunter, Round 5


THEHARDWAY
 Share

State semi-finals  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 10:00 PM

Recommended Posts

On 12/5/2020 at 12:41 PM, JETT said:

For some reason I see this being a low scoring game 

If both teams show up, I’m thinking a 31-28, 35-28 type game. However, if one team comes out flat, I can see it getting out of hand. Both offenses are too explosive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2020 at 8:57 AM, Airitout1 said:

Region 3 has Pewitt, DF, Waskom, EF, Newton. 
Region 1 has Canadian, Spearman, Abernathy, Childress, Idalou.

Region 2 has GT, Holliday. 
 

region 3 might be a little bit tougher than 2, but not much. GT would have come out of Region 3 three of the last 5 years.

 

Do you really think they would have beaten Newton in 2017 or 2018. Newton was loaded and beat Gilmer in 2018-4a div 2, West Orange -Stark 4 a div 2 in 2018, beat Silsbee  4a div 2 in 2017 and 2018 and all 3a div 2 teams them two years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's always funny how some folks analyze these games, and I'm the world's worst!  For instance, if they come out strong, they will play really good and have a chance to win, but if they don't play very well and give up a ton of points, then they could possibly lose, but if they both play hard and neither team has any turnovers and the team that is expected to win, does what it is supposed to do, they could win in a close match where neither teams scores many points, but if they score more than the other team, they should win. I'm thinking the winner will play again next week, maybe...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

Do you really think they would have beaten Newton in 2017 or 2018. Newton was loaded and beat Gilmer in 2018-4a div 2, West Orange -Stark 4 a div 2 in 2018, beat Silsbee  4a div 2 in 2017 and 2018 and all 3a div 2 teams them two years.

No sir. I was including this year. Nobody was beating Newton when they went back to back. I do believe that last year, the year Gunter beat Boling, and this year, that Canadian and Gunter were the two best teams in state.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

No sir. I was including this year. Nobody was beating Newton when they went back to back. I do believe that last year, the year Gunter beat Boling, and this year, that Canadian and Gunter were the two best teams in state.

I agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Airitout1 said:

No sir. I was including this year. Nobody was beating Newton when they went back to back. I do believe that last year, the year Gunter beat Boling, and this year, that Canadian and Gunter were the two best teams in state.

I agree mostly, one bad call by officials in Daingerfield cost us that game but  that part of life, I mean referees are human also but Newton was pretty salty last year also and very young this year. Gunter and Canadian are quality proven programs with good sportsmanship and since I like both schools, I don't have a favorite-they are both well coached and extremely good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just realized that in 3a div2 ,  3 of the 4 teams left are triple option type teams. The defenses  will need to tackle all the opposition to get the right one. I had a coach that told me to tackle the water boy to show everyone I meant business. I didn't because I already had a personnel foul on me for biting in a pile up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Guest JimmyW said:

I just realized that in 3a div2 ,  3 of the 4 teams left are triple option type teams. The defenses  will need to tackle all the opposition to get the right one. I had a coach that told me to tackle the water boy to show everyone I meant business. I didn't because I already had a personnel foul on me for biting in a pile up. 

Biting? :rofl:

Edited by JETT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2020 at 10:43 PM, lionpride08 said:

4 years in a row? You mean like when newton went back to back?

Yep, and a great team in region I or II got left out of the finals.  If you think about it the fact that I always meets II  and III always meets IV, there are really only 2 regions and Gunter vs Canadian will be battling out for region I while Waskom and Franklin will be trying to win region II.  And the 2 regions play each other in the final.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Yep, and a great team in region I or II got left out of the finals.  If you think about it the fact that I always meets II  and III always meets IV, there are really only 2 regions and Gunter vs Canadian will be battling out for region I while Waskom and Franklin will be trying to win region II.  And the 2 regions play each other in the final.

????? Are  you saying Newton shouldn't have been in the state finals those two years ,it seems that is what you are saying .Since Newton won state back to back, that statement don't hold water. I remember 3 years in a row Newton didn't get out of region because Daingerfield was in region 3 and winning state. Remember when Cameron was winning state a lot, same thing, they were in region 3. Now, if you want to come on down to region 3,we ain't scared. Win or lose we don't back down, it is in our purple blood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guest JimmyW said:

????? Are  you saying Newton shouldn't have been in the state finals those two years ,it seems that is what you are saying .Since Newton won state back to back, that statement don't hold water. I remember 3 years in a row Newton didn't get out of region because Daingerfield was in region 3 and winning state. Remember when Cameron was winning state a lot, same thing, they were in region 3. Now, if you want to come on down to region 3,we ain't scared. Win or lose we don't back down, it is in our purple blood.

Dont think thats what was meant at all.  I think he was meaning that it would be better if regions 1&2 , and 3&4 didn't always play in the semi finals.  He was saying that region 1&2 games may have actually been the championship, and the team that lost that game may have been better than the team that played in the finals.  I think he knows Newton was the best team those 2 years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bullhead44 said:

Dont think thats what was meant at all.  I think he was meaning that it would be better if regions 1&2 , and 3&4 didn't always play in the semi finals.  He was saying that region 1&2 games may have actually been the championship, and the team that lost that game may have been better than the team that played in the finals.  I think he knows Newton was the best team those 2 years.

Well that was a dumb statement that could be argued almost every year. Both years Waskom won state the semifinal games were tougher than the championship games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2020 at 6:18 PM, Airitout1 said:

If both teams show up, I’m thinking a 31-28, 35-28 type game. However, if one team comes out flat, I can see it getting out of hand. Both offenses are too explosive. 

I have never seen Canadian come out “flat” 

they may get beat but they seldom come out flat! Don’t know if they still do, but they would break the huddle, run to the line, be set a second and snap the ball. High intensity 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Olduy said:

I have never seen Canadian come out “flat” 

they may get beat but they seldom come out flat! Don’t know if they still do, but they would break the huddle, run to the line, be set a second and snap the ball. High intensity 

Yes sir. Our NASCAR offense runs 14-16 seconds between snaps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JETT said:

I've always liked that type of offense, hard for the D to get set.... Mt. V runs it beautiful 

I’m impressed on how well they sneak in subs during the transition of moving the chains and everyone getting settled. Officials never caught it on games I seen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eagleborn said:

I’m impressed on how well they sneak in subs during the transition of moving the chains and everyone getting settled. Officials never caught it on games I seen. 

I never really paid that close attention but that QB is slick with it... I only watched em against Gladewater and it was a beauty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...