Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday

ttowngrad

State semi-finals  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

I'm basing my opinion on very limited information, but if I were a betting man, I'd put up a month's wages that Shiner handles Timpson fairly easy.  This is based on 1) watching the Timpson v Leon game on Texan Live.  2) Watching Shiner in person yesterday and last year vs Refugio and also last week vs Mason.  3) Recent years of Region IV handling Region III with relative ease.

Timpson looked good, but Shiner is so loaded it's ridiculous.  They only lost their RB from last year #33, but they still have a loaded backfield.  They are solid across the board.  

9 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I'm basing my opinion on very limited information, but if I were a betting man, I'd put up a month's wages that Shiner handles Timpson fairly easy.  This is based on 1) watching the Timpson v Leon game on Texan Live.  2) Watching Shiner in person yesterday and last year vs Refugio and also last week vs Mason.  3) Recent years of Region IV handling Region III with relative ease.

Timpson looked good, but Shiner is so loaded it's ridiculous.  They only lost their RB from last year #33, but they still have a loaded backfield.  They are solid across the board.  

Ok, I hear ya, but Timpson is loaded as well.  Shiner will have more experience for sure but they will have their hands full with Timpson.  I see a close game here..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Ok, I hear ya, but Timpson is loaded as well.  Shiner will have more experience for sure but they will have their hands full with Timpson.  I see a close game here..

I hope you're right.  That would be great.  I grew up in East Texas and it still feels like home to me, so I would like to see Timpson pull an upset.  A close game is almost always more fun to watch and it's great for the kids.  Wish they'd have played in College Station / Bryan instead of New Caney.  Makes it harder to get there for a Thursday night game for those living in central Texas.  I'd like to see this one in person.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

I hope Timpson blows Shiner out. I know Shiner is good but Timpson pretty damn good also. I'm riding with the bears. Now that Beckville is out I hope Timpson wins state. GO BEARS

I’m not feeling a blowout lol I’m thinking it will be a lower scoring game 21-14 type game...

Shiner is a senior loaded team with seven or eight outstanding juniors and sophomore. Timpson is young and will be hard for them to beat such a talented older team. The Bears may be a little short this year but watch out in 2021 their talent will be experienced and ready to go.

9 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Timpson's basically neighbors but shiner bock one of my favorite brews.  Tough call.  I don't know who has the better team,  but shiner has a definite advantage in beer.

This man speaks truth!

Pulling for Timpson. I don’t know enough to make an educated pick.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

This man speaks truth!

Pulling for Timpson. I don’t know enough to make an educated pick.

Just going by what's been said on here,  Shiner is a senior-heavy team,  so my gut tells me Shiner by a 12 pack.  Having said that,  I'll be pulling for my Timpson neighbors,  with a Bock in hand.

• LOL! 1

Shiner is the real deal and has tons of football experience.  In a close game like this one, they will be very very tough and physical.  I'm very impressed with Timpson, but they don't have the pedigree that Shiner has from past history to rely upon.  I think Timpson is slightly more athletic, but that could get cancelled by a disciplined Shiner team. This game will be worth the watch.  I'm going with Shiner.......I think they will control the pace of the game.             Besides.......any town that can make beer like they do in Shiner deserves some kudos.  🍺 ;)

I think we have the tools to beat shiner. They definitely have the advantage with experience( I’ve read they have anywhere from 19-21 seniors on this team). We will not be intimidated by that, but will we be able to handle the pressure of a close game? I think we can. The other thing that has had me a little nervous about Timpson is the slow starting on offense. We are gonna have to come out of the gates running Thursday. With that said about our offense, the defense is good enough to keep us in the game.l

• Like 2

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Shiner is the real deal and has tons of football experience.  In a close game like this one, they will be very very tough and physical.  I'm very impressed with Timpson, but they don't have the pedigree that Shiner has from past history to rely upon.  I think Timpson is slightly more athletic, but that could get cancelled by a disciplined Shiner team. This game will be worth the watch.  I'm going with Shiner.......I think they will control the pace of the game.             Besides.......any town that can make beer like they do in Shiner deserves some kudos.  🍺 ;)

They had some bonehead moments against Refugio so they aren’t all that well disciplined.  Still solid but for sure beatable.

I think as long as Timpson can avoid the few sloppy turnovers like they had against Beckville, I like their chances in the upset win here. Shiner is capable and probable to make you pay for the turnovers, something Beckville was not able to capitalize on that could have made it a more competitive game. I do believe Timpson has the athletes, coaching and enough diversity on offense to do this! 

• Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday